So... now even such games have platinum

Just_Amaz1ng

I swear this game has gotten like 20 different threads today. :P

But yes, the trophy system doesn't make a whole lot of sense in a lot of cases. From my understanding, it's down to the developers more than anything else that determines if the game will get a platinum trophy or not. If they are really insistent that their game gets one, then Sony will probably allow it. There are other developers who get told their game can't get one, and instead of disputing that, they just accept it as they don't care too much about them in the first place. That's what I believe is the case anyway.

Nobody knows how the system works, but I'm pretty sure that developers don't just get a platinum list if they want it, because then we'd be flooded with 1/1 1 hour platinums, which would be terrible.

actually I thought about different concepts how this system can work. After this one I begin to believe that there is a special payment devs should do to sony which can bring platinum trophy for your game. Because it's the only one logical reason why everything is like we have now.

The quality of platinum trophies dramatically decreased even this year.

• Like 1

I watched a video for getting to know this "game" and it's just hilarious... thinking about the plat yeah it's a shame game like you mentioned (RE4, Outlast) and some others (Lara Croft i.e.) should have a plat instead... i haven't found i just looked at the most recent 100% entries on this page... less than an hour to complete this "game" xD

It's quite the injustice, I agree. But I'm not complaining about a free plat  :D

There's no restrictions for trophy lists anymore, so devs can just put Platinums on any game they want.

But, since there was a restriction, developers sometimes get scared of having the game rejected by Sony for having a platinum so they made a smaller one (I think there was one developer who did that).

Also, adding trophies can bring bugs too, which demands more QA. Some publishers might feel like it's not worth the effort and cost

Interesting if true. Got a source for this?

... What the hell is going on?

Resident Evil 4

Outlast

Trials Fusion

VVVVVV

Towerfall Ascension

These games doesn't have enough content to put platinum trophy. BUT This title luckily do!

Your thoughts?

Whats even more confusing is Red Dead Revolver, Max Payne and The Warriors without a plat. Makes no sense.

• Like 4

Whats even more confusing is Red Dead Revolver, Max Payne and The Warriors without a plat. Makes no sense.

This! There are a few PS2 games worthy of a Plat but don't have one. Being a Xbone owner is bliss in the case of platinumless games.

A big selling point for crappy games like this is that they have a platinum, having a platinum gets a lot of trophy hunters to buy your game while the general public wouldn't pay attention to a crappy game like this. 

Might not be your cup of tea but I am not sure I would call it crappy. It looks like a funny little that is cheaper than the price of a pack of gum. It has some pretty good reviews on Steam but they are used to games like this. It has almost 1,200 ratings so it does to appeal to the general public, just not you, which is perfectly fine.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

well you can blame rockstar for that, those are their games. they set the price and they decide which games gets a plat or not, and apparently only their open-world games are getting one (except for manhunt for some reason).

i believe gta liberty city stories and gta vice city stories will get a plat because they are open world.

This! There are a few PS2 games worthy of a Plat but don't have one. Being a Xbone owner is bliss in the case of platinumless games.

Might not be your cup of tea but I am not sure I would call it crappy. It looks like a funny little that is cheaper than the price of a pack of gum. It has some pretty good reviews on Steam but they are used to games like this. It has almost 1,200 ratings so it does to appeal to the general public, just not you, which is perfectly fine.

not much of a bliss because the xbox one isn't getting any of this ps2 games :P unless microsoft does a "original xbox emulation" at some point.

also we're getting all this low-budget indies "thanks" to steam, devs have so little faith for pc gamers and their piracy and low sales that they only try to make non-AAA games for it, and just indies.

There's no restrictions for trophy lists anymore, so devs can just put Platinums on any game they want.

But, since there was a restriction, developers sometimes get scared of having the game rejected by Sony for having a platinum so they made a smaller one (I think there was one developer who did that).

Also, adding trophies can bring bugs too, which demands more QA. Some publishers might feel like it's not worth the effort and cost

None of this is true or verifiable. Clearly you don't care about your credibility, but people will read your post as truth and repeat it as if it is. Either state your sources, declare it a theory or your opinion or delete it.

• Like 3

A big selling point for crappy games like this is that they have a platinum, having a platinum gets a lot of trophy hunters to buy your game while the general public wouldn't pay attention to a crappy game like this. 

Kinda amazed developers don't make more INTENTIONALLY easy trophy completions. Like, trophy for booting the game. Trophy for saving. Trophy for taking a step. Trophy for taking five steps. Trophy for killing something. Trophy for looking up at the sky. Etc etc.

It would satisfy these shameless trophy mongrels.

• Like 1

So I guess Shuhei Yoshida is a disgrace to himself then? :/

http://psnprofiles.com/yosp&completion=platinum&order=played&pf=all#content

He is, indeed. A different kind of shameless though, because it is oddly enough one of his three platinums. Certainly stands out more. Maybe his daughter played it on his account.

Yeah... let's pretend that's the case.

Wow, you sound like you have a major problem with people who want an easy platinum. There's nothing shameful about it. It's just a video game. Why should you care what someone chooses to play? It doesn't affect you.

I think there is a problem with gamers as a whole that only play games for trophies. I never withheld my opinion on that particular subject, so you shouldn't be all that surprised...

Sorry. I forgot. You're not allowed to speak about anything that doesn't personally affect you. Nothing to see here people, move along.

Unless it affects you personally, that is. ;)

• Like 1

So I guess Shuhei Yoshida is a disgrace to himself then? :/

http://psnprofiles.com/yosp&completion=platinum&order=played&pf=all#content

you must be kidding me...

He is, indeed. A different kind of shameless though, because it is oddly enough one of his three platinums.

I'm not defending him (because I hate him) but he has his trophy activity in private. You cannot see his PSN Level.

And... if I remember correctly, he sometimes posts stuff on twitter and in one picture he posted showed his trophy sets, he had tons of them.

So, the list is outdated. But still.... Hannah Montana.... 

you must be kidding me...

I'm not defending him (because I hate him) but he has his trophy activity in private. You cannot see his PSN Level.

And... if I remember correctly, he sometimes posts stuff on twitter and in one picture he posted showed his trophy sets, he had tons of them.

So, the list is outdated. But still.... Hannah Montana.... 

It's possible to hate Shu? Wow, and people call me a cold hearted prick. :P

well you can blame rockstar for that, those are their games. they set the price and they decide which games gets a plat or not, and apparently only their open-world games are getting one (except for manhunt for some reason).

i believe gta liberty city stories and gta vice city stories will get a plat because they are open world.

not much of a bliss because the xbox one isn't getting any of this ps2 games :P unless microsoft does a "original xbox emulation" at some point.

also we're getting all this low-budget indies "thanks" to steam, devs have so little faith for pc gamers and their piracy and low sales that they only try to make non-AAA games for it, and just indies.

Should have written my comment better. I mean as far as trophy lists go, for all games, they never have the same struggle about if a game has a platinum or not haha. It's all about the points. 

Actually, he was sent a copy of the game because Greg and Colin from podcast Beyond saw that he didn't have any platinums, and they sent him a copy so he could get one. It was all in good fun, and I fail to see why you're so upset about it...

And what problem is that exactly? Is it going to cause a collapse of the games industry or something? Boohoo, someone spent $1 on a PSN game for a quick platinum. Get over it, dude.

Do I sound upset to you? I'm actually quite calm. If anyone is blowing things out of proportion, it would be you. Don't take it so personally, mate. It's just trophy hunting.

Well, it's just trophy hunting to me. I guess there's bound to be people, like you, that take it WAY MORE SERIOUSLY than that.

Just so you need to be pointed out the obvious, that last remark is a light hearted tongue-in-cheek joke.

• Like 1