So... now even such games have platinum

Just_Amaz1ng

It's possible to hate Shu? Wow, and people call me a cold hearted prick. :P

Of course it's possible, I love my Sony consoles, but I'm not a fanboy.

If they do something that does not seem to me, I will raise my voice. It's a shame that Yoshida doesn't like to read bad reviews or discuss.

actually I thought about different concepts how this system can work. After this one I begin to believe that there is a special payment devs should do to sony which can bring platinum trophy for your game. Because it's the only one logical reason why everything is like we have now.

Do you really think a company behind a dollar game would pay Sony to put a platinum in their game when the steam achievements are ignored by the vast majority of players?

• Like 3

Of course it's possible, I love my Sony consoles, but I'm not a fanboy.

If they do something that does not seem to me, I will raise my voice. It's a shame that Yoshida doesn't like to read bad reviews or discuss.

To be perfectly fair, I don't think it's his job to care about how games do. There are people who are supposed to care about that sort of thing.

I don't see how you're a fan boy if you like someone. He is a very nice guy, at least from the outside looking in. Which is what a lot of business suits or celebrities strive for.

Actually, he was sent a copy of the game because Greg and Colin from podcast Beyond saw that he didn't have any platinums, and they sent him a copy so he could get one. It was all in good fun, and I fail to see why you're so upset about it...

And what problem is that exactly? Is it going to cause a collapse of the games industry or something? Boohoo, someone spent $1 on a PSN game for a quick platinum. Get over it, dude.

You don't think your local barista deserved that $1 more than a indie development team that was founded in 2010?    /s

I will buy the game simply because they are based in Costa Rica and I like to see more games come out of places less expected.

To be perfectly fair, I don't think it's his job to care about how games do. There are people who are supposed to care about that sort of thing.

I don't see how you're a fan boy if you like someone. He is a very nice guy, at least from the outside looking in. Which is what a lot of business suits or celebrities strive for.

I'll kindly explain why I hate him, but we are distorting the subject that matters here, so this is not the place.

I want to know how the hell a 1 dollar game got a platinum.

Do I sound upset to you? I'm actually quite calm. If anyone is blowing things out of proportion, it would be you. Don't take it so personally, mate. It's just trophy hunting.

Well, it's just trophy hunting to me. I guess there's bound to be people, like you, that take it WAY MORE SERIOUSLY than that.

Just so you need to be pointed out the obvious, that last remark is a light hearted tongue-in-cheek joke.

Well the fact that you're trying to shame people who bought the game, or people who even consider getting a game just for the trophies, yes, I think that does make you sound quite upset. If anyone's taking this more seriously than it should be, I think you need to look in the mirror. I honestly couldn't care less what someone wants to do with their trophy list. 

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

Anybody that has Hannah Montana on their list, is a disgrace to themselves.

Kinda amazed developers don't make more INTENTIONALLY easy trophy completions. Like, trophy for booting the game. Trophy for saving. Trophy for taking a step. Trophy for taking five steps. Trophy for killing something. Trophy for looking up at the sky. Etc etc.

It would satisfy these shameless trophy mongrels.

Woah, calm down there. You call people out for having easy platinums, but then have 11 ultra rares?

I am also surprised there are less games with very quick platinums, I guess when Sony had a QA team they made sure that platinums had value?

• Like 2

None of this is true or verifiable. Clearly you don't care about your credibility, but people will read your post as truth and repeat it as if it is. Either state your sources, declare it a theory or your opinion or delete it.

Ouch.

If you want my source, here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091754

Edited by DesmaBR

Well the fact that you're trying to shame people who bought the game, or people who even consider getting a game just for the trophies, yes, I think that does make you sound quite upset. If anyone's taking this more seriously than it should be, I think you need to look in the mirror. I honestly couldn't care less what someone wants to do with their trophy list. 

We're talking about Hannah fucking Montana. The only people that would buy that game to enjoy it are prepubscent children. Or Shu, apparently. (Yes I remember the context of why he got it, relax kiddo.)

I look at myself in the mirror every day. And I'll tell you, I don't see a trophy stamp in it. Can you say the same thing? 

I get that this site is a haven for this stuff, but it doesn't need to define you as a gamer.

Case in point, that Midgetstrawdog trying to shame me for having so few ultra rare trophies. I guess it makes sense though, since he has 12,000 trophies.

Damn guys, revoke my elite trophy hunter status. I don't have a high ultra rare ratio. Godfuckingdamnit, I clearly worked so very hard for this meaningless feature. That's why my average is a whopping 56%.

Edited by Valyrious

Nobody knows how the system works, but I'm pretty sure that developers don't just get a platinum list if they want it, because then we'd be flooded with 1/10 1 hour platinums, which would be terrible.

Or maybe most devs don't appreciate the sales that can be generated by cheap and easy platinums. Obviously some devs have figured this out, hence games about clicking on a jar of Mayo. 

Personally I don't mind having this game as a platinum. The same gamers bitching about this having a plat are the same gamers who have plats for all the telltale games and other easy games. Yes everybody is entitled to their opinion, that I understand, but some of us just want a quick cheap plat :lol: Day one buy for me. 

Do you really think a company behind a dollar game would pay Sony to put a platinum in their game when the steam achievements are ignored by the vast majority of players?

yes, it can be profitable if it's not expensive. Cause for example I don't understand who is target audience for this game if not trophyhunters.

Kinda amazed developers don't make more INTENTIONALLY easy trophy completions. Like, trophy for booting the game. Trophy for saving. Trophy for taking a step. Trophy for taking five steps. Trophy for killing something. Trophy for looking up at the sky. Etc etc.

It would satisfy these shameless trophy mongrels.

The game you are looking for, sir, is called Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

• Like 1

My point stands. From your "source":

???

The engineer that is in charge of adding trophies to PS2 games on PS4 (At least at the time) said that the rules for platinum's changed recently.

One of the developers of Cook, Serve, Delicious! said that adding a platinum to games isn't a issue anymore

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=16875

A developer behind the Vita port of Lumines, explaining why the game didn't have a platinum:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174473424&postcount=142

One of the developers of Lab Zero (Skullgirls) saying that he didn't even need to ask to add a platinum for Skullgirls 2nd Encore

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174482559&postcount=183

And Gaf is one of the few places where I actually trust when developers claim they're devs, since if you can't prove it to the mods, you'll get banned

• Like 1