PSVita physical release full of bugs and unobtainable platinum

xblindsidebeatx

I got the physical release of the game as i dont really like digital releases, hoping to add another masterpiece to my collection.

The game is awesome but in the physical form is full of bugs. Old school mode (which is also a gold trophy) is almost impossible cause there are specific parts where the game stucks in the loading screen (for example when you put and rotate the wrench, the game 80% of the time will stuck in the following intro and you have to restart the game and retry). Sound is choppy in many rooms and you can even hear your character dying repeatedly in some rooms without even dying!

The worst of all is inside the warp room with the E,X,T,E,N,D letters. The final warp room for the D letter (the one with the rolling ball similar to the marble madness game) throws an error when you touch the finish line. I've passed this challenge more than 20 times in 2 different PSVitas and with many different combinations and all of them crashed the game in the end of the mini challenge.

Normal playthrough. Crashed.

Starting from a new save slot all the way to the same warp room. Crashed.

Removed & reinstalled the game (in case something was corrupted) and start from the beginning, all the way to the warp room. Crashed.

Removed & reinstalled the game and load my cloud save from my normal playthrough. Crashed.

And all above with, and without the latest update.

So, 3 more unobtainable trophies and 1 platinum. Unfortunately its not a matter of trophy hunting since you wont be able to see the extend ending either.

lumo%20bug.jpg?dl=1

Edited by xblindsidebeatx

• 1 month later...

Those bugs are only in the physical vita version.

I reported to the game company many times, at the beginning they didnt believe me cause the digital version is fine and "both digital and physical are the same" as they said to me and "i'm the first who has this problem" (though they ignored the fact that only 8 people have passed this challenge and probably using digital release or another sony console). They finally checked the physical release and released a fix after a few days and asked me to test it. The fix did the job with the room for the 'D' letter but:

a ) trophy for the D letter didnt pop

b ) trophy for collecting all letters [E,X,T,E,N,D] didnt pop (i have the trophy for collecting all 50 coins but not for passing all mini games!)

c ) noticed that the T letter trophy which i passed many times in the past is still locked..

Even the description for all the time based trophies is wrong.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I doubt they will since i told them about the problematic trophies immediately after checking the marbles level fix and they said they'll get back to me, its been over a month since then. besides, the vita port is not good at all, many framerate drops that can cost you a life in old school mode and luck based freezing in specific loading screens.

I still think this game is awesome but if someone wants to have it better get the pc or ps4 version (or in the worst case, the ps vita digital one)

I had to make an account and respond to this thread since I have not found anyone talking about this game elsewhere. I am having trouble unlocking both T and D trophies. I have obtained the trophy for all the letters and both the room specific silver trophies for both the T and D rooms but no matter what I do the T and D trophies won't unlock. I currently have 4 trophies left but idk if I can be bothered attempting old school mode until these trophies become obtainable since I would hate to put in the effort and get shafted out of the platinum because of glitches.

On a side note there are 2 shortcuts which skip all the glitchy rooms so old school mode is doable on the vita. Look up some videos of speedruns if you want to find them, they are early in the game.

Yeah i know about the shortcuts though i dont remember which rooms you can skip with them.

At least you got the trophy for all the letters :-Ρ

I feel the same way, i wont bother with this game anymore unless i buy it for ps4.

PS) Do you have the PS4 physical version? I'd like to know if the letters are glitched in this version too.

Good to know you can skip the wrench part :Ρ

I've seen some videos on youtube in the past but i dont think vita version is ideal to attempt this so im gonna skip for now.

I already sent screenshots and video proof while passing the final warp stage 6-7 weeks ago but.. Maybe if more people bother we are going to see a fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Well nothing insightful, they told me to retry it to which I said I had multiple times with and without the latest patches. They said they would "look into it" which means they won't. They did however say that the PS4 version does not have these glitches so I may just have to pick it up on PS4 at some point to get my platinum.

18 hours ago, ItalianPwnage said:

Well nothing insightful, they told me to retry it to which I said I had multiple times with and without the latest patches. They said they would "look into it" which means they won't.

This is the same answer they gave me almost 2 months ago.

18 hours ago, ItalianPwnage said:

They did however say that the PS4 version does not have these glitches so I may just have to pick it up on PS4 at some point to get my platinum.

Their reply means nothing. I mean, the game was not just bugged but broken and they didnt know about it for 3 whole months and even after my numerous reports they keep insisting that its ok cause i was the first who sent a report as they said, it took one month to make them check the physical release and not the digital one. I wouldnt be surprised if PS4 physical version is bugged too and they dont know about it. I dont think it is but their answer is not very trustworthy.

5 hours ago, xblindsidebeatx said:

This is the same answer they gave me almost 2 months ago.

Their reply means nothing. I mean, the game was not just bugged but broken and they didnt know about it for 3 whole months and even after my numerous reports they keep insisting that its ok cause i was the first who sent a report as they said, it took one month to make them check the physical release and not the digital one. I wouldnt be surprised if PS4 physical version is bugged too and they dont know about it. I dont think it is but their answer is not very trustworthy.

Ya you're probably right but the game is actually pretty damn fun and challenging which is why I want that platinum so bad. That being said I'll pick up the PS4 version at some point and let you guys know if it works or not. Warning it may be a few months before that happens though since I kinda moved on and battling through the backlog right now so stay tuned.

8 hours ago, StealthID said:

I've obtained the platinum on the PS4 version so can confirm that its not bugged.

Awesome man thanks for confirming. Do you have the physical disc or have you downloaded it off the PSN store? What was your experience with the game on PS4 any bugs or glitches?

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2017 at 3:26 AM, xblindsidebeatx said:

Yeah i need confirmation for the physical release, i know that the digital one is ok.

More than a year later and nothing happened to the Vita edition of the game (I have the digital one), started playing it yesterday and the game froze in the wrench room twice, it's still the 1.05 version.