Short and Sweet trophy

Midnightwards666

:gold: Short and Sweet - "Unlock the Victors' Championship in at most 70 races."

Can anyone who has the platinum for this game (or this trophy) confirm whether this means 70 tournament gold medals or 70 total races? If I don't get a gold medal in a tournament race, can I just replay it? Or is there a hidden race count stat which includes all races, and if I go over 70 total races I lose this trophy?

:gold: Short and Sweet - "Unlock the Victors' Championship in at most 70 races."

Can anyone who has the platinum for this game (or this trophy) confirm whether this means 70 tournament gold medals or 70 total races? If I don't get a gold medal in a tournament race, can I just replay it? Or is there a hidden race count stat which includes all races, and if I go over 70 total races I lose this trophy?

Total races my friend said (at least ps3 version). You gotta make sure you don't fuck it up because you have only 3 or 4 rooms for error. He did it by backing up the save after every win and if he was outrun at the very end (and therefore didn't win), he restored his backup. He told me you can restart halfway through as long as you don't finish the race though.

• Like 1

So far, any race I've messed up, I've quit to the XMB menu if I finish without a gold medal, and when I return the game hasn't saved it (a tip I read somewhere). Guide information does exist but is fairly limited as not many people have played this game - one guide author on PS Trophies even admitted they didn't know whether you could replay or not, as they hadn't confirmed themselves. But I will have backed up saves which I can revert to, so at the end I can confirm this for sure. 

So far, any race I've messed up, I've quit to the XMB menu if I finish without a gold medal, and when I return the game hasn't saved it (a tip I read somewhere). Guide information does exist but is fairly limited as not many people have played this game - one guide author on PS Trophies even admitted they didn't know whether you could replay or not, as they hadn't confirmed themselves. But I will have backed up saves which I can revert to, so at the end I can confirm this for sure. 

I'll be getting this game in a month or so, so I'll be able to confirm that info too. Will make a backup at 2nd from last to race and lose a few times but doing replays then win and see if it pops or not and in case it doesn't, restore the backup and win legit with no losses.

I confirmed it, you cannot replay the same race (you must quit to XMB menu instantly after losing). I tried it... deliberately got 67 gold medals but more than 70 races, no trophy. Also f*cking stupid copy protection meant I couldn't back up my saves... so, trophy missed. 

Warning: Most tournament/campaign races are very boring because this game has the most useless AI racers I've ever seen - the ability to switch bike throughout races creates too much advantage over the AI. On many races I was beating them by minutes and overtaking from a whole lap ahead. Difficulty is also hardly variable at all between early and later championships. For these reasons, please do not miss this trophy!

I'll probably do 1 race a day before playing whatever other games... that way I can get this platinum (eventually) without suffering any boredom pain from the shittest AI ever. 

Edited by Midnightwards666
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hello

Yesterday I had my platinum trophy and I have to say about the 70 races that:

In each category you have to get a certain number of kudos to access the next championship and older, make the builders challenge.

The latter also counts as a race for the 70s.

The road is not difficult, it is monotonous.

If you see that you are not sure of getting the trophy here is a tip:

Make the longer races using the chooper motorcycle since those circuits tend to have many potholes and that bike goes well.

Use the existing ramps and jumps that give you turbo.

This bike is also easier to get extra points for maximum speed that, combined with jumping and rubbing the walls, will give you better points multiplier.

If you see that they reach you, change the bike for the superbike and stick to the wall to get extra points and turbo.

When you make the last builders challenge that gives way to the last championship and you overcome it, they will give you the trophy you want so much if you have made the right way to reach the last championship in 70 races.

Courage and good luck