2016 Black Friday Retailer Store Deals (Games Only, NA)

MafiaBrett

I worked retail for too long. I don't spend a dime at retailers who open on Thanksgiving or "Black Friday", except in emergencies like running out of gas.

If any of you do, especially on Thanksgiving, please be extra nice to employees and each other. Remember it's just "stuff."

Yeah, I worked at Walmart one Black Friday. Fricking nuts. :/ Last year made me never want to shop at one on Thanksgiving night again. Sections of the store had police tape around them, and everyone was pushing and shoving.. At least I got my TV out of it. 

Xenoverse 2 is the main thing I want. If I can't get it online for that price, maybe I can do what I did last year for a couple of games. Walmart's system updates at midnight, so games would ring up for their Black Friday prices early. Picked up X/X-2 and Unity last year, this way. ...But then went there at night, anyways, for the aforementioned TV, after finding out the PS4 only had an HDMI hookup. :/

A little disappointed in the prices of some things, to be honest. A lot of those $15 game are $5 off, and have been on sale for that earlier in the year. I was hoping for $10 for Until Dawn..

Guranteed buys are Mad Max

Where were you, when it was $13(even less with GCU) last month? 

Edited by DamagingRob

These list needs some good updating.

Yeah, I worked at Walmart one Black Friday. Fricking nuts. :/ Last year made me never want to shop at one on Thanksgiving night again. Sections of the store had police tape around them, and everyone was pushing and shoving.. At least I got my TV out of it. 

Xenoverse 2 is the main thing I want. If I can't get it online for that price, maybe I can do what I did last year for a couple of games. Walmart's system updates at midnight, so games would ring up for their Black Friday prices early. Picked up X/X-2 and Unity last year, this way. ...But then went there at night, anyways, for the aforementioned TV, after finding out the PS4 only had an HDMI hookup. :/

A little disappointed in the prices of some things, to be honest. A lot of those $15 game are $5 off, and have been on sale for that earlier in the year. I was hoping for $10 for Until Dawn..

Where were you, when it was $13(even less with GCU) last month? 

Until Dawn is at least worth $30. Anything under that is a must buy, and it's clearly a great game, so whether it's $25, 20, or 15, it's worth it. Get it, there's no need to wait for some unnecessary price drop or sale

I think I vaguely remember that. I don't believe it was last month though. Mad Max over here is a game known to be out of stock (as if it was a game that wasn't getting production copies anymore), online and in retail stores (Walmart, Target, Gamestop, Best Buy, etc).

In addition to my thought. Nintendo announced that the (two different colors) New 3ds regular sized is going to be $100 so that's probably going to be their only deal with systems.

I still have my (special) DS Lite and (normal) XL 3DS.... Is the NEW 3DS XL worth it? And what are the drawbacks with this from/compared to the 3DS and even XL 3DS?

Edited by Mar

Until Dawn is at least worth $30. Anything under that is a must buy, and it's clearly a great game, so whether it's $25, 20, or 15, it's worth it. Get it, there's no need to wait for some unnecessary price drop or sale

I think I vaguely remember that. I don't believe it was last month though. Mad Max over here is a game known to be out of stock (as if it was a game that wasn't getting production copies anymore), online and in retail stores (Walmart, Target, Gamestop, Best Buy, etc).

I try to be as thrifty as possible, with no real income.. Plus, it's an adventure-type game. I'll likely Plat and be done with it in a couple of days. :/ 

It may have been on sale before for that price. Most recent was last month, which is when I price-matched it at Walmart(my nearest BestBuy was out of it, too, and it was that Walmart's last copy, though). 

Edited by DamagingRob

I still have my (special) DS Lite and (normal) XL 3DS.... Is the NEW 3DS XL worth it? And what are the drawbacks with this from/compared to the 3DS and even XL 3DS?

So there's two.. There's the new 3ds and the new 3ds xl. The new 3ds is like the regular 3ds.. although you can change the cover plates. That's the one that'll be $100. The New 3ds xl is $200 and hasn't had any news on a price drop for black friday.

Basically the two differences that I'm aware if is the street and the regular new 3ds you can change the cover plates. Since you have a XL, I recommend getting the XL if you want to make the upgrade just because "downgrading" to a smaller screen is extremely weird. The differences between the new 3ds(xl) and the regular 3ds(xl) is just the start up time (the old ones take a lot longer, especially to start up some games like SSB), It has the C stick and bumpers. It also has a built in NFC reader as well.

It's personally up to you if you want to make the upgrade. I just made the upgrade because the New Galaxy 3ds XL because it looks nice, plus I can use the amiibo cards without having the cylinder NFC reader to drag around.

So there's two.. There's the new 3ds and the new 3ds xl. The new 3ds is like the regular 3ds.. although you can change the cover plates. That's the one that'll be $100. The New 3ds xl is $200 and hasn't had any news on a price drop for black friday.

Basically the two differences that I'm aware if is the street and the regular new 3ds you can change the cover plates. Since you have a XL, I recommend getting the XL if you want to make the upgrade just because "downgrading" to a smaller screen is extremely weird. The differences between the new 3ds(xl) and the regular 3ds(xl) is just the start up time (the old ones take a lot longer, especially to start up some games like SSB), It has the C stick and bumpers. It also has a built in NFC reader as well.

It's personally up to you if you want to make the upgrade. I just made the upgrade because the New Galaxy 3ds XL because it looks nice, plus I can use the amiibo cards without having the cylinder NFC reader to drag around.

I ended up watching several lengthy detailed and comparison videos of all 4 versions. The upgrade whether to NXL or N3DS from the old XL and (especially) old 3DS seems worth it without question (even though choosing the N3DS would give me a smaller screen -- N3DS > 3DS XL, apparantly). So this leaves me with whether or not the NXL is worth priortizing over its smaller version, N3DS?

There are actually a few more important differences than what you listed, but yeah. See, one partial-positive is that the N3DS actually has a bigger screen than the old 3DS, thus I would not be downgrading 100% exactly. However, I am not sure if the NXL beats the XL in screen size.

FYI Best Buy does not price match on that entire weekend, including Cyber Monday. I'm a manager there.

Thanks for the confirmation! I know it was either last year, or the year before that they were iffy about it but they still allowed me to price match Target.

Anyone know when gamestop black Friday ad gonna be revealed ?

Usually they don't reveal the ad until a day or two before.

As Avatar of Battle posted, the Gamestop BF ad was leaked. Be warned though, so its a possible very early leak that they might change their prices.

https://www.bfads.net/stores/gamestop/ads/black-friday

I'm currently working on a update of the front page

Updated the front page with most of the Gamestop's prices. There's a ton of preowned deals as well but for the sake of trying to keep the page looking 'clean' i decided not to include those.

EDIT: I will also be going back into the other retailer spoiler boxes and Alphabetizing games to give the rest a cleaner look as well over the next day or two. 

If those really are Gamestop's prices, then they sure aren't trying to be competitive at all this year. Those pries suck compared to other retailers. Definitely need updating on their prices, especially now that a few of the retail ads have been made public

Yeah they couldve tried better.. they might have a few games with slightly better prices, but the huge majority of them are $5 to 10 more expensive compared to the other retailers.

Remember this ad was leaked pretty early for them, chances are this is what they had planned but wanted to wait to see what the competition does first then update... so keep that in mind.

Edited by MafiaBrett

It's the standard edition of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

I did some double checking, and i'm actually thinking its Black Ops 3. Based on Best Buys and Walmarts ads, they both have Black Ops 3 as a $35 game.

As for the 2 games next to Deus Ex in Targets ad, the one above i have absolutely no clue, the below i'm starting to think its Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition

Edited by MafiaBrett

If anyone is curious, Kmart's Black Friday ad has been posted. No video game sales, but there's some pretty decent movie and electronics sales. Nothing major to line up in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner for, but to each their own.

https://www.blackfriday.fm/adscan/kmart

Dumb question, but does Kmart still sell video games in stores? My local Kmart eliminated their entire video game section about a year ago.

Glad I checked this thread again out. It's extremely helpful. I was going to go crazy and buy some games at my job on Black Friday since I work, but there's lots of better deals elsewhere that I don't mind buying online :P

Edit:

I don't think anyone has posted, but Toysrus has theirs or was leaked? idk.

Video game related pages 1(Skylanders), 23, 24 &25.

https://www.theblackfriday.com/toysrus-blackfriday.shtml?page=1

Edited by DuckSwimmer

I don't think anyone has posted, but Toysrus has theirs or was leaked? idk.

Video game related pages 1(Skylanders), 23, 24 &25.

https://www.theblackfriday.com/toysrus-blackfriday.shtml?page=1

Yeah there's is up, but the deals are even worse than Gamestop, I highly doubt anyone will find something of value there. The only thing that was really good was Pokemon Sun & Moon for $31.99 each, but Amazon has been listing that price for preorders since the last few days of October

Yeah there's is up, but the deals are even worse than Gamestop, I highly doubt anyone will find something of value there. The only thing that was really good was Pokemon Sun & Moon for $31.99 each, but Amazon has been listing that price for preorders since the last few days of October

I mean if someone doesn't like to shop online for their own reasons and the closest store to them is a Toysrus, it could be to their convenience. That's literally what my job is going to be like on Black Friday. GameStop is the only local thing in the area where I live.. you gotta drive a good 10+ miles to get to a BestBuy, Toysrus, Walmart or Target. We're gonna be packed as hell even though we don't have the best deals.

Plus I mean if a store sells out, that's always another option.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

Dumb question, but does Kmart still sell video games in stores? My local Kmart eliminated their entire video game section about a year ago.

I believe that Kmart has eliminated video games from all of their stores. The Kmart right beside my house stopped selling games last year too. The whole store is actually closing down now. Think they might still sell games online but I'd be surprised if they had any good deals.

Speaking from experience these are good prices. A lot of these games are fairly recent releases. The really good deals are the 8$-15$ games. All the other 25$-35$ games, well, unless you are reallly going to play them, id wouldn't bother. Because every damn year they end up cheaper after black friday. But there are exceptions. Like Xenoverse2 for 25$ is sweet. Rise of the Tomb Raider and World of Final Fantasy are priced nicely at 35$ each. I definitely see deals. I been constantly trying to get RotTR "used" off ebay the last 2 weeks and must have lost over 30 bids to people dying to pay 43$ used.. I guess ill just wait till black friday.