I LOVE PUNCHING! Help.

Duck_mann86

• 2 weeks later...

Probably too late to help OP, but to anyone in the future, if you stand in the middle of the arena (where the switch you hit to trigger the game is), you'll be able to hit all the targets that pop up really quickly in the inner circle if you punch while moving the analog stick towards them. It's a lot easier once you realize this, instead of running to each one like I was doing. There simply isn't enough time for that. You'll need to run to the outer ones but they're during slower waves so it's not a problem.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have no idea what you're even talking about. I tried it yesterday (the first time I encountered the minigame), and immediately got it, only having to replay two stages once. I guess the trick is to stay as center as possible, and just change the direction you're facing before a blow, without actually running over to the target. The rest is just down to quick reaction time, I guess.

• 9 months later...

I don't know if this works (I read it off a comment on a Youtube video), but maybe change the mode on your TV to Gamer mode (if it is a newer TV). I was having troubles with even stage 2, changed it, and was able to pass stage 2 & 3 first try. Don't know if it a placebo effect or what but it got me further than I was at (haven't attempt stage 4 or 5 yet). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2018 at 9:29 PM, KyonKuchiki said:

Just earned this one, if you have one, try using a PSVR!  That really helped by essentially having the TV shoved real close up to my face lol

Just wanted to second this. the PSVR headset has very low latency, which maybe makes easier to respond quickly with the game. It still takes some practice, but I was able to achieve this trophy reasonably in a few hours using the headset.

Edited by skiesforflying
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

The frame rate is sooooooo poor on this mini game, and i'm on a freaking PS4 Pro!!! The emulation is just sooooo bad. Also stuck on the 40 in 60 seconds which is apparently the hardest part.

It's so damn laggy when I hit the button it's like half a second delayed... Gonna have to buy a PSVR for this plat? Lol damn. So frustrating. I have been trying this trophy on and off for a few years. It's pretty BS.

EDIT: OMG I JUST GOT IT HOLY SHIT.... final step is 100x easier than the 2nd to last step!

Here's the secret:

Turn resolution on your PS4 to as low as it possibly can go (for me that was 720p)

Turn on boost mode (at 4k with boost mode it was even more choppy than 720p without boost mode)

Practice!

This is largely down to RNG when you get a good run of targets or tons of babies.

Edited by Jables_The_Hutt
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2020 at 3:18 AM, CelestialShards said:

i am having trouble with this trophy as well. @Jables_The_Hutt I read your post and I don't know where to change the fps on the ps4 orginal model. Is it possible to I can share play it with you and help me with the last two rounds?

Settings ---> Sound and Screen ---> Video Output Settings ---> Resolution ---> Set to lowest ur TV allows you too.

• 1 month later...

Ah man finally got the trophies for this and collecting all figments. Thought I was going to get the plat once I bought something on Christmas only to go back to Meat Circus and see that I'm missing 1 psi core and 2 psi cards. Guess this is one plat I'll never get.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:05 PM, Nazzz19 said:

Ah man finally got the trophies for this and collecting all figments. Thought I was going to get the plat once I bought something on Christmas only to go back to Meat Circus and see that I'm missing 1 psi core and 2 psi cards. Guess this is one plat I'll never get.

Do you have any saves before going into the final brain? If you did, then you could check any level you are missing. 

3 hours ago, CelestialShards said:

Do you have any saves before going into the final brain? If you did, then you could check any level you are missing. 

I do luckily but after getting those last 2 trophies and finding out I have to redo it made me lose my motivation. I may go back to it eventually if I have no other games.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:32 PM, Nazzz19 said:

I do luckily but after getting those last 2 trophies and finding out I have to redo it made me lose my motivation. I may go back to it eventually if I have no other games.

As long as you have the file - like right before you return the brains to lily, sarsha and mila - then you are good. Hope you will have the motivation to comeback to this game

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just beat this, pause buffering seems like the best way to go. You want to time hitting the inventory just as the next target pops up; that lets you figure out where to go next without panicking. Then, in one motion, you hit Circle to cancel out, tap the joystick in the right direction, Square to punch, then inventory again, and repeat. It'll take a few tries to get the timing right.

Also, don't stress, there's still a bit of RNG. You may get 5 babies in a row and that ruins the run. Don't exit early in the last few rounds, you can get from 40 to 50 points in like 4 seconds of game time.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2019 at 8:39 AM, skiesforflying said:

Just wanted to second this. the PSVR headset has very low latency, which maybe makes easier to respond quickly with the game. It still takes some practice, but I was able to achieve this trophy reasonably in a few hours using the headset.

I had no idea this trophy existed until recently, and now I'm terrified! Sounds rough! ? Might have to try this with the PS VR headset to keep sanity, thanks for the info! ?

• 3 months later...
On 10/6/2020 at 10:15 PM, HellcoreFire said:

Wait what, you can play regular games on PSVR? Like just use it as a TV?

Coming back to finish up the game and saw this.

Yes, anything you can run on your PS4 can be seen/played in the VR headset. It'll just float like a screen in a black void. You can adjust the screen size in the headset via your display settings.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting to play this game for ages as I've never played it, people made this mini game seem so hard. I know what people find hard is subjective but I didn't think it was hard at all. I got it first try with 9 seconds left on the clock. I personally don't understand why people are having a hard time with it tbh, try stay in the middle and when you see a soldier target point the directional button towards him and hit. You also get a split second too when they're coming up to see what colour the target is, if it's a bright green, don't hit it. 

• 2 months later...

The punching game relies on reflexes, it is a simple at that. Some people have quicker reflexes than others, not to mention any motor skills issues they might have. People without the reflex skill are at a disadvantage, thus the desire to find another way to get through this part of a game that otherwise doesn't focus on twitch reflexes. This is my last trophy in the game.  I got it on PC but have never gotten close on PS4.  The pause buffering will be my last attempt.

8 minutes ago, cobaltTangerine said:

The punching game relies on reflexes, it is a simple at that. Some people have quicker reflexes than others, not to mention any motor skills issues they might have. People without the reflex skill are at a disadvantage, thus the desire to find another way to get through this part of a game that otherwise doesn't focus on twitch reflexes. This is my last trophy in the game.  I got it on PC but have never gotten close on PS4.  The pause buffering will be my last attempt.

I recommend just using the pause spam method, if you needed extra confirmation that it works. I’ve obtained the trophy on two separate occasions first try using it, the frame rate slows down tremendously during the pause animation so it’s easy to see where the next cut out pops up.  

• 2 years later...