Any chance of ported onto PS4?

c464646

Although I am not a huge fan of FF franchise

I might want to see this game (and whole FF13 series) ported onto PS4

just like FF X/X-2 did

any chance this might happen to FF13?

Doubt it. Maybe toward the end of the console cycle but they are surely super busy working on KH collection for PS4, KH3 and FF XII. Would be interesting if they would add in all the content they cut due to 360 disc restraints but I think most of the stuff got re-worked into XIII-2 and XIII-3. 

I think it'll happen. We have FFVII ported on PS4 and it'll be remaked too. FFX/ X-2 are on PS4 too, FFXII will come, FFXIV is on PS4 and FFXV comes soon too. So furthermore they "just" need to port FFVIII and IX and give us FFXIII Trilogy Remaster and then they'll have the full FFVII-XV series available on PS4. So yeah, I think it's likely, but might take a while.

I think it'll happen. We have FFVII ported on PS4 and it'll be remaked too. FFX/ X-2 are on PS4 too, FFXII will come, FFXIV is on PS4 and FFXV comes soon too. So furthermore they "just" need to port FFVIII and IX and give us FFXIII Trilogy Remaster and then they'll have the full FFVII-XV series available on PS4. So yeah, I think it's likely, but might take a while.

They won't actually. Final Fantasy XI would have to be ported, but Square dropped console support for that one several months ago. There's also Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings on the DS but the likelihood of them remastering that for PS4 is extremely slim.

I truly hope not. Apart from XIV online, everything from X-2 was bloody awful in my opinion. The FF games have just lost that vibe that once made them so great.
This whole "everything a cutscene" with intervals of going from A to B down strict narrow paths should be scrapped already. Hopefully XV's open-world freedom of movement will revive this once great franchise. *RANT OVER* haha! But in answer to your question, i reckon so.. The damn Japanese and the new players to the FF games seem to look at the XIII series as some sort of brilliant creation.  :unsure:  :facepalm:

I wouldn't mind it to be honest. I did to begin with really dislike FF13 and what FF had become in general BUT now I'm older and played it recently.  I don't think it's all that bad.

Maybe not as memorable as all the others but definitely not as bad as people make it out to be.

That being said though, I'd make all the others a priority from 1-9 ported over first. Since we already have 10 and 12 is on it's way. 

Edited by Meacham

• 6 months later...

Crystal Complete Edition. It will be only available in limited quantities in the Square Enix’s website for PS4. Crystal Complete Edition will include:

• Games: Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection titles (FF I to IX), Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy, Final Fantasy XV (and all DLC), Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (including all expansions + a 3 month subscription). Special items for Final Fantasy XI Mobile and Final Fantasy XIV will be included as well.

Read more http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

I'm not holding my breathe on this one. 

Edited by Frozen_Guardian

1 minute ago, Frozen_Guardian said:

Crystal Complete Edition. It will be only available in limited quantities in the Square Enix’s website for PS4. Crystal Complete Edition will include:

• Games: Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection titles (FF I to IX), Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy, Final Fantasy XV (and all DLC), Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (including all expansions + a 3 month subscription). Special items for Final Fantasy XI Mobile and Final Fantasy XIV will be included as well.

Read more http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

Information from leak.

38 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

Pretty sure every Final Fantasy is coming to PS4 this year with the 30th Anniversary Collection. I think there's even talks of them coming to Vita.

That was just a rumour that becomes less and less likely as time goes on. In fact I'd personally say at this point that there's no chance of it being true.

By the time Final Fantasy 12's remaster is released, it'll have been over a year since it was announced. Final Fantasy 7's straight port from PC to PS4 was the same. So it's hard to imagine they'll announce over half a dozen new ports and three remasters and manage to have them out within six months. On two platforms.  

The leak also specifies that all the games would be on a single Vita cartridge, something that would be impossible due to the size of the games and the cartridge's limits.

The actual 30th anniversary has been and gone, and fairly quietly at that. There's certainly been no hints of any more celebrations to come, which I would expect there to be knowing the speed at which Square Enix operates.