Any chance of ported onto PS4?

c464646

1 minute ago, Shadiochao said:

That was just a rumour that becomes less and less likely as time goes on. In fact I'd personally say at this point that there's no chance of it being true.

By the time Final Fantasy 12's remaster is released, it'll have been over a year since it was announced. Final Fantasy 7's straight port from PC to PS4 was the same. So it's hard to imagine they'll announce over half a dozen new ports and three remasters and manage to have them out within six months. On two platforms.  

The leak also specifies that all the games would be on a single Vita cartridge, something that would be impossible due to the size of the games and the cartridge's limits.

The actual 30th anniversary has been and gone, and fairly quietly at that. There's certainly been no hints of any more celebrations to come, which I would expect there to be knowing the speed at which Square Enix operates.

That's actually false, they did say that one celebration was actually an opening of sorts and that others would happen during the year, and they did say they had some surprises planned to announce during the year as well so it's still possible that something is comming.

Just now, Devil_Spooky said:

That's actually false, they did say that one celebration was actually an opening of sorts and that others would happen during the year, and they did say they had some surprises planned to announce during the year as well so it's still possible that something is comming.

Oh, I guess I missed that. The last I saw about it they were doing some small invite-only event and then I stopped hearing about it.

But if something is coming, I don't think it could be something of this scale, which reads like a nostalgic Final Fantasy fan's ultimate wishlist.

3 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Oh, I guess I missed that. The last I saw about it they were doing some small invite-only event and then I stopped hearing about it.

But if something is coming, I don't think it could be something of this scale, which reads like a nostalgic Final Fantasy fan's ultimate wishlist.

I do believe they'll release an Anthology of sorts with every game from FFI-FFIX eventually, also believe they'll remaster the XIII trilogy, there has been rumors about it from a long time now, longer then that supposed leak, so at least there's something there. And it's SE we're talking about here, they do love porting FF games all over the place, no way they'll skip this oportunity, they're just behind schedule, again, a SE trend :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am assuming/Speculating that after FFXII HD comes out they will do like a trilogy park of FFXIII, FXIII-2, and FFXIII:LR kinda like the kingdom hearts sets but who know as it was stated above all rumors and speculations off of what Square Enix "Normally does"

Edited by PowerCoard

• 4 months later...

Kinda weird.. I was literally thinking this (I heard FFXIII's theme in the background of FFXV) right before I logged in and saw this thread.

Anywhoo... I really liked FFXIII, never really got a chance to play the other two games and I'd really like to play them again.

SE will only remaster/rerelease this if it's in a huge collection. This trilogy flopped on release and even more so after time travel got brought in and the story got all confusing.

• 1 year later...

Well, I guess it will be PS5 now, I hope so. We dont need a remaster on every generation. I really hope they don't start to remaster all the PS4 things on PS5. having FF10 on ps2, 3 AND 4 was just too much, even without extra trophies.

But I am really looking forwards to FF13 trilogy remaster on ps5, I liked the games, especially Lightning returns <3

Edited by AiManiaTrophyhunting
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I really hope this get ported to ps4/ps5, I played FF12,FF9 and FFXV this year and found out I was quite missing FF13 especially the battle system/paradigm, I still remember I was having fun while farming trapezohedron for few hours straight, this still better than FFXV driving around the lucis completing side quest, this really put me off and I got all trophies except fishing skill,photography skill and survival skill....

I really hope to play this game again on newer gen console..

• Like 1

Yeah, would like to see this on playstation 4 as well, along with the Nintendo Switch since I kind of been wanting to play the games on that system.
 And would easily buy for both if they ever end up releasing them again.
Wouldn't mind having a Final Fantasy 1-6 collection or something on switch either.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...