The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2016 at 4:26 PM, TheWayne-o said:

Backlog Challenge - Points are awarded for obtaining the platinum trophy only, each participant will be awarded 15 points for an Ultra Rare, 12 points for a Very Rare, 9 points for a Rare, 6 points for an Uncommon and 3 points for a Common. Platinum rarity will be taken from the date that the next update occurs.

Does this mean that all other trophies earned during the game do not count towards your overall total trophy scoring? Like if I play Trine 3 which has 1x Platinum, 4x Gold, 20x Silver and 3x Bronze for a total of 28, do the other 27 non-platinum trophies still count towards your overall total?

2 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Does this mean that all other trophies earned during the game do not count towards your overall total trophy scoring? Like if I play Trine 3 which has 1x Platinum, 4x Gold, 20x Silver and 3x Bronze for a total of 28, do the other 27 non-platinum trophies still count towards your overall total?

No. All trophies should count separately, but you only get the bonus points by achieving the platinum (100% doesn't matter). It's pretty much the same wording as the first season and all trophies from backlog games were counted individually then.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lightning_0608 said:

When do we submit our backlog lists? And can someone explain to me why I'm not recieving email notifications about new posts anymore? :S

It probably has something to do with the site update. Go to the Following tab dow  the bottom of the page, and in the drop down by default I think the site gives you notifications while on site. There's also email options. Try those.

On 18/12/2016 at 4:23 AM, MattyH16 said:

Crest is on the money, it's the same as last season. All of your trophies will count towards the end of month totals and you just get the bonus points when you obtain the platinum. Sorry it wasn't worded clearly.

18 hours ago, Lightning_0608 said:

When do we submit our backlog lists? And can someone explain to me why I'm not recieving email notifications about new posts anymore? :S

The competition kicks off in March so as long as I have them by mid-February then I'm happy. I'll post in here a few times reminding everyone and then send out a final reminder by message to anyone that still hasn't submitted their list. Plan carefully everyone!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

The competition kicks off in March so as long as I have them by mid-February then I'm happy. I'll post in here a few times reminding everyone and then send out a final reminder by message to anyone that still hasn't submitted their list. Plan carefully everyone!

12 hours ago, AuzzieWingman said:

It probably has something to do with the site update. Go to the Following tab dow  the bottom of the page, and in the drop down by default I think the site gives you notifications while on site. There's also email options. Try those.

Ah. I've just changed my follow preferences so let's see how we go now.

Wait, I think I missed something. Season 2 starts in March? How come? Does it go for 12 months or just til the end of the year?

20 hours ago, IronMask75 said:

I have a preliminary list for my backlog challenge. The way I went about it was very scientific. I clicked on my profile, scrolled all the way to the bottom, then proceeded to pick all the games with Platinum's that were still obtainable on the PS3 and had less than 10% completion on the way back up. Once I got 6 PS3 games I scrolled up to my first PS4 game and continued (I skipped Velocity 2X because fuck that).

What I ended up with was a mostly unachievable list of ultra-rare shit I haven't played in a million years, but I didn't even play a single one of my backlog games this season, so If I finish even one I will have infinitely improved my performance.

Wow that list really is thought out! A lot of points on offer though if you do manage to complete them all. I'll double check with you in a few weeks to see if you want to keep your list as is.

20 hours ago, simpgraus said:

hey man i just this comp if your have me..

Yeah you're more than welcome to join simp, I've added you to the list :)

17 hours ago, Lightning_0608 said:

Wait, I think I missed something. Season 2 starts in March? How come? Does it go for 12 months or just til the end of the year?

Next season only runs for 9 months (March - November), mainly because I'm too lazy to run it for the full year :P

Edited by TheWayne-o
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, IronMask75 said:

I have a preliminary list for my backlog challenge. The way I went about it was very scientific. 

Reveal hidden contents

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (PS3) - 3.44% Ultra Rare
1 of 37 Trophies (1%)
December 16th 2009

DiRT 3 (PS3) - 3.84% Ultra Rare
6 of 67 Trophies (6%)
July 24th 2011

WipEout HD (PS3) - 1.15% Ultra Rare
1 of 51 Trophies (1%)
September 17th 2011

Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed (PS3) - 1.26% Ultra Rare
3 of 49 Trophies (3%)
October 26th 2011

Ferrari Challenge (PS3) - 11.66% Rare
3 of 46 Trophies (4%)
April 14th 2012

Trine 2 (PS3) - 37.24% Uncommon
1 of 13 Trophies (8%)
April 24th 2012

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS4) - 6.43% Very Rare
5 of 61 Trophies (5%)
June 18th 2014

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) - 2.06% Ultra Rare
5 of 47 Trophies (5%)
August 15th 2014

Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4) - 9.68% Very Rare
6 of 31 Trophies (10%)
October 10th 2014

LittleBigPlanet (Vita) - 2.22% Ultra Rare
2 of 84 Trophies (1%)
September 26th 2016

So, a little blurb about my game choices, for anyone that's interested.

The first game with trophy support I played on my original PS3 was Colin McRae: DiRT 2.  I put hundreds of hours into this game, mostly online, on my way to this Platinum. I hung out a fair bit on the Codemasters forums racing in leagues and one night there was a community event based in the UK. They were short one driver and I said I would join to make up the numbers, thinking myself ineligible for the prize (UK-only). So I entered and picked one of the slower rally cars and ended up winning the whole event. I refused the prize, but they insisted on sending it to me anyway. I got some stickers, a poster, a t-shirt, DiRT 2 [PSP] and a copy of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, which I played once and earned 1 trophy.

DiRT 3 was a day-one purchase because of how amazing DiRT 2 was, but the game was underwhelming compared to the previous one, so I stopped playing. This was also around the time of Gran Turismo 5 so all my energy was focused there.

I met a weird Swedish dude while playing DiRT 2. We used to drive the same car in one of the leagues and he was always amazed at how fast I was in that shit car, so I used to share my set-ups and lap-time videos with him. He bought me a copy of Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed and shipped it over to me, but in the state it was in on release I just couldn't play it so a couple of trophies was all I managed.

Nothing to say about the other 3 PS3 games, Ferrari Challenge must have been on special and I think the other 2 were PS+ games.

As for the PS4; Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Killzone Shadow Fall and Battlefield 4 were the 3 games I bought the day I bought my PS4, for a multi-player LAN a mate of mine was hosting. We played a little AC IV multi-player, a bunch of BF4 and some Warframe (before it had trophies). After that I played about an hour of the single-player campaigns in each of them, but most of my time was playing BF4 and Warframe online with the lads. Dust: An Elysian Tail is just a random PS+ game with a Plat.

LittleBigPlanet is one of 4 games in the PS Hits Mega Pack I bought for $39 with my PS Vita at the beginning of this year. It also had Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Tearaway and When Zombies Attack. Had Uncharted on last season's backlog challenge but never even installed it. Only put LBP on because I thought the servers were closing, but it was a false alarm.

If you got this far then well done and thanks for reading, lol

Great reading Iron and some great backlog games there ( I'm quite enjoying Dirt 3 atm ). Congrats on getting them sorted too. I drew up a list today of possible games and its going to take me sometime to figure out what will make the cut :) 

• Like 1

On 20/12/2016 at 8:33 PM, cjshaitan said:

Congrats on getting them sorted too. I drew up a list today of possible games and its going to take me sometime to figure out what will make the cut :) 

I came up with an initial list as well, however I'm already starting to question it lol :facepalm:. It'll probably end up looking nothing like my initial list by the time to competition begins.

7 hours ago, fang7744 said:

I only have a ps3, so this will be interesting ?

How many ps3 games do I need to pick? :) 

It's not too bad, there's a chance that some people probably won't even finish 6 backlog games in total so if you finish all 6 PS3 games then you're still in with a good chance of bagging quite a few points.

Matt is correct, it's 6 PS3 games.

• Like 1