The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

22 hours ago, fang7744 said:

Out of curiosity, for the season, are we only allowed to play games that we have nominated and what do we do if we finish all our games early? :) 

AuzzieWingman is correct, you earn points for every trophy that you earn but you get some bonus points for backlog games.

Okay, thank you :D

I'm thinking about buying GTA IV: The Complete Edition from America and was wondering if I'll be able to play it online even though it's an American copy of the game, I'd like to get Alice Madness: Returns as well but have already downloaded American McGees Alice on the PSN store for free and was wondering if that would work with an American copy as well? :/ sorry about the questions haha

The way I understand it, is physical media ignores region, but digital downloads like DLC and download codes require an account of the corresponding region. I got a few games in Hawaii a few years back, and gave out download codes to a friend in the US for Festival of Blood and Mega Man 10.

I mean sure, I could've made an account and downloaded them myself, but I'm simply too lazy to care for that. 

2 hours ago, AuzzieWingman said:

The way I understand it, is physical media ignores region, but digital downloads like DLC and download codes require an account of the corresponding region. I got a few games in Hawaii a few years back, and gave out download codes to a friend in the US for Festival of Blood and Mega Man 10.

I mean sure, I could've made an account and downloaded them myself, but I'm simply too lazy to care for that. 

Okay, thank you :D 

Most of the games I want to do for my Backlog are over 100 hours long for the Platinum , Granted most of them are an Ultra Rare or Very Rare Platinum trophy but still that is a lot of hours.
I may need to rethink my games but knowing me I will start off strong with the backlog games and then not touch them again after the first month or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

Most of the games I want to do for my Backlog are over 100 hours long for the Platinum , Granted most of them are an Ultra Rare or Very Rare Platinum trophy but still that is a lot of hours.
I may need to rethink my games but knowing me I will start off strong with the backlog games and then not touch them again after the first month or so.

Long games sound good, depending on which one I start this month the others will all go on my list ; SOA Hollow realisation, Attack of Titans, Final Fantasy XV and Skylanders Trap Team ( did you really think I wasn't going to put in one shame game )

7 hours ago, simpgraus said:

so this comp starts in march, when we got have a list of games in by?

I haven't really given everyone a date yet but it'll probably be mid-February.

7 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Have we got a final total score and leaderboard standing including MVP votes?

I will post the final results by the end of the week.

2 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I'm sill trying to sort out my list as well but I have a feeling that I won't complete the full list, I'm going to go out of a limb and say that only one person will complete all of their backlog games.

I had a suggestion, but being as I'm American and obviously wandered into the wrong place feel free to answer with 'Oy, what the 'ell are you doin' 'ere ya bloody wanker! " xD

Anyway, I was thinking you could allow users without the full range of systems to nominate games from their backlog that are available on other systems. 

Examples:

Rogue Legacy could be nominated for any platform even if the player only has a ps3. This is a shared list so should this seems like an easy option. 

Geometry Wars is available on all three systems, but it does have separate lists for each one. :dunno:

The Evil Within could be played on ps3 or ps4. Again, separate lists. 

I just figured this would allow single console users the same options as everyone else. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I had a suggestion, but being as I'm American and obviously wandered into the wrong place feel free to answer with 'Oy, what the 'ell are you doin' 'ere ya bloody wanker! " xD

Anyway, I was thinking you could allow users without the full range of systems to nominate games from their backlog that are available on other systems. 

Examples:

Rogue Legacy could be nominated for any platform even if the player only has a ps3. This is a shared list so should this seems like an easy option. 

Geometry Wars is available on all three systems, but it does have separate lists for each one. :dunno:

I just figured this would allow single console users the same options as everyone else. 

Ha ha ha ha we'd call you a Yank rather than a wanker, well probably lol.

I like this idea though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Examples:

I like idea. Since I don't have a vita it would work for me. 

Thanks for dropping in. 

11 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Examples:

It makes sense to use multiplatform games as your nomination if you don't own all 3 consoles. Very good idea.

13 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Bloody Americans always trying to tell people how to do things! :P We welcome all nationalities to come in here and participate in the discussions (provided you engage in banter with some of the participants) :)

Thanks for the suggestion, however for this season the backlog games allocation will remain as per the rules listed in the OP. I will definitely consider changes to the rules at the end of the season once I do a bit of a review and what what has or hasn't worked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Bloody Americans always trying to tell people how to do things! :P We welcome all nationalities to come in here and participate in the discussions (provided you engage in banter with some of the participants) :)

Thanks for the suggestion, however for this season the backlog games allocation will remain as per the rules listed in the OP. I will definitely consider changes to the rules at the end of the season once I do a bit of a review and what what has or hasn't worked.

I'm all for friendly banter, but I'm pretty sure I'd be much closer to earning the wooden spoon than the title. :highfive:

Sounds good, it's your event and as long as people are having fun that's all that smatters. I just can't resist sticking my nose in places where it isn't needed. :dunno: It was fun checking in every couple days last season and I'm looking forward to semi-following again. Good luck everybody. 

• Like 3

Hey guys,

I am interested in getting into this again this year.

I'm also hoping that I get into the forum more.

Oh if anyone want to ad me to their friend list.

Just send me a request and where you're from.

This year I am hoping to finish a game on my backlog list LOL

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I'm all for friendly banter, but I'm pretty sure I'd be much closer to earning the wooden spoon than the title. :highfive:

Hopefully you're talking about the Vegemite League because the wooden spoon of the Tim Tam League is mine! :P

16 hours ago, fang7744 said:

Wanting to play some of my games already but they are my backlog games so I can't play them ? haha(most of them I recently got)

Don't give in mate, think of the points!

6 hours ago, Diagonis83 said:

Hey guys,

I am interested in getting into this again this year.

I'm also hoping that I get into the forum more.

You will need to hit 50 posts before I can add you to the list.