The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

58 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

FFXV was made for people with an attention span of a fish;
hold button, mash button, find a dog tag, ohh the view looks pretty, walk 30 minutes can't jump up to a tiny ledge which is as high as the Noctis shin, walks 10 minutes to get around tiny ledge find another dog tag, oh someone wants their farm protected find another dog tag and then repeat the process.
But wait but we have fishing yay 10 levels of fishing to grind out.

I can just feel the love from here ?.   

I guess i might as well post a update.

not really been gaming much so far this month.

i have however been able to stop playing destiny :giggle:, this might mean i can finally get some other games started.

I have also managed to finally finish a ps4 game Plants vs Zombie GW 1, and now have set my sights on Dirt 4.

PS: CJ please inbox me a list of all those 2 hr plats lol?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, simpgraus said:

I guess i might as well post a update.

not really been gaming much so far this month.

i have however been able to stop playing destiny :giggle:, this might mean i can finally get some other games started.

I have also managed to finally finish a ps4 game Plants vs Zombie GW 1, and now have set my sights on Dirt 4.

PS: CJ please inbox me a list of all those 2 hr plats lol?

Will do over weekend, there are so many we will all pass @fisty123 in no time

On 09/06/2017 at 0:35 AM, Feral said:

Ha ha ha lift my game and put down the rum 

Clearly gonna have to hire ninjas to add games to your profile and wreck your completion :hmm:

Never ever put down the rum (well this can be applied to any alcohol really) :P. If I added all of my games then my completion would be around 10%, I just can't bring myself to do it lol.

8 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

It's a shame more people aren't abiding by this. I would love to hear about what everyone else is up to with their games and showing each other some love and support in the posts. I'd like to see more of it.

Yeah it's a shame, I was hoping that this league would turn into something like C3 in terms of community. I would post more updates myself but it takes me a month (and a large majority of the time even longer) to play through a game lol, although I'm currently playing Unit 13 on Vita. I'm enjoying it (what a surprise, Wayne likes another PlayStation exclusive game...) and think it's perfect for the Vita, it's very much a game you can pick up and play. No real story to speak of, you just get a brief audio intro before each mission which is usually something along the lines of "bad guy A is planning to do bad thing B so go and kill him". There are 36 missions in total between 4 different types and each gives you a rating out of 5, some of them are quite difficult to master. Then there are 9 HVT (high value targets) that are separate missions on top of this that you unlock by gaining stars in the main missions, it'll take a decent amount of skill to get all the stars but in the interest of a platinum trophy I'll go for it!

I'm hoping to have it platinumed by the end of the month (32 trophies in 15 days, that's way above my average haul!) so I can start Crash Bandicoot on release day. For anybody that's interested, Big W will have it for $39 at launch as part of their mid-year toy sale. I'll be asking EB to price match tomorrow, I already pre-ordered and paid it off a few weeks ago at $69...

On a side note, does anybody else have Unit 13 and want to get the co-op trophy (you just have to play through a single mission)?

3 hours ago, simpgraus said:

Good to hear that you finally stopped playing Destiny, just in time for Destiny 2! :P Congratulations on the Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare platinum! How are you finding Dirt 4 from what you've played?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

Never ever put down the rum (well this can be applied to any alcohol really) :P. If I added all of my games then my completion would be around 10%, I just can't bring myself to do it lol.

Yeah it's a shame, I was hoping that this league would turn into something like C3 in terms of community. I would post more updates myself but it takes me a month (and a large majority of the time even longer) to play through a game lol, although I'm currently playing Unit 13 on Vita. I'm enjoying it (what a surprise, Wayne likes another PlayStation exclusive game...) and think it's perfect for the Vita, it's very much a game you can pick up and play. No real story to speak of, you just get a brief audio intro before each mission which is usually something along the lines of "bad guy A is planning to do bad thing B so go and kill him". There are 36 missions in total between 4 different types and each gives you a rating out of 5, some of them are quite difficult to master. Then there are 9 HVT (high value targets) that are separate missions on top of this that you unlock by gaining stars in the main missions, it'll take a decent amount of skill to get all the stars but in the interest of a platinum trophy I'll go for it!

I'm hoping to have it platinumed by the end of the month (32 trophies in 15 days, that's way above my average haul!) so I can start Crash Bandicoot on release day. For anybody that's interested, Big W will have it for $39 at launch as part of their mid-year toy sale. I'll be asking EB to price match tomorrow, I already pre-ordered and paid it off a few weeks ago at $69...

On a side note, does anybody else have Unit 13 and want to get the co-op trophy (you just have to play through a single mission)?

Good to hear that you finally stopped playing Destiny, just in time for Destiny 2! :P Congratulations on the Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare platinum! How are you finding Dirt 4 from what you've played?

the game is pretty good, just a bit grindy in some parts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Ha ha ha just stay smashed 24/7, very tempting. Damn, you'd just end up rocking in the corner talking about how there's too many games.

I would do updates but it would be like this - Played AC: Syndicate for a few hours then rum happened and now I'm not sure where I am. Also more games appeared in the cupboard, clearly they're breeding.

Bloody Big W and they're insanely good prices. Was planning on waiting to get Crash not now though.

On Thursday, 15 June 2017 at 2:59 PM, MattyH16 said:

Well here we are at the halfway mark of June. All I could think about the last few weeks was Tekken 7. I'm not sure if any of you who bought it tried to play online but if you did, I'm sure you'd agree it was a disaster just trying to connect with other players. There was also the fact of season pass codes not working. Bit disappointing but both issues have been resolved and I have another proud platinum added to my collection

After a monster effort in May, I'm now going through the all too familiar "what should I play next???" phase. I've had a go at Alienantion which is actually quite good and Alien Isolation which is also extremely good. I'm up to the part where you finally see the alien and it's now on the hunt (spoiler alert) 1f601.png and I am trying to finish off the Ghost Recon Wildlands DLC. I even earned one lonesome backlog trophy for Trine 2!

I've spent a bit of time on the PS3, so many old games to finish, so little time. I'm slowly chipping away at Red Dead Redemption (why did I ever buy this?) and LittleBigPlanet. I'll never have a perfect 100% profile, yet for some reason I still care about stuff like completion. Maybe one day I'll see the light (Like our mate CJ) and just play everything regardless of trophy completion, but until then, I'm going to find 3 players on my friends list and complete a level in LittleBigPlanet and I'll be making sandworms kill each other in Trine 2.

I hope you all have a productive month of trophy hunting 1f60e.png

I didn't really set that many goals for this year outside of aiming for 125 plats (very unlikely to happen since that'd be nearly double my yearly average (110-115 is more likely)), reaching 5,000 total trophies (should be possible since I'm only 631 away), breaking into the top 500 in Australia (I should at least get close to this if I hit my 5,000 trophy goal) and completing all 10 of my backlog picks (currently on 4/10 with Uncharted: Golden Abyss mostly done (only got half of Crushing, a few weapon trophies and some bounties left), some progress made on Dragon Quest Heroes (on the second last area, taking it slow because it gets too repetitive) and some progress on Borderlands 2 (hoping to have the plat by the end of June, not sure about the DLC (probably early July)).

I was hoping to have a big month this month with some easy and quicker titles like Life is Strange, Stories: the Path of Destinies and Tales from the Borderlands bulking up my trophy count, but since I'm saving TftB to be Plat #100, it looks like July will have to be the big month now. Oh, well, crossing off another 2 backlog titles will be well worth it and gives me a good 6 months to finish off the last 4 (I'll need that since I've still got around ~40 hours of Dragon Quest Heroes to go and Diablo III has a long grind for one trophy).

Don't be fooled by the temptations of CJ. He is a snake that wants to drag you to the depths of despair you never thought imaginable. Stay with the light of the glorious completionist master race, my brother, for we are complete and pure. In all seriousness though, I'm very close to having a 100% complete profile, it's just DLC trophies for games like Gravity Rush that are holding me back. I've been waiting for them to go on sale for 4 years now and that hasn't happened. I really don't want to pay $17.85 for 24 trophies. :(

On a final note, has anyone here started WRC 5 (PS3)? It's free this month and I'm tempted to start it next month. It's apparently quite buggy though and I'd need a partner for the 4 online trophies.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CrestfallenV said:

I didn't really set that many goals for this year outside of aiming for 125 plats (very unlikely to happen since that'd be nearly double my yearly average (110-115 is more likely)), reaching 5,000 total trophies (should be possible since I'm only 631 away), breaking into the top 500 in Australia (I should at least get close to this if I hit my 5,000 trophy goal) and completing all 10 of my backlog picks (currently on 4/10 with Uncharted: Golden Abyss mostly done (only got half of Crushing, a few weapon trophies and some bounties left), some progress made on Dragon Quest Heroes (on the second last area, taking it slow because it gets too repetitive) and some progress on Borderlands 2 (hoping to have the plat by the end of June, not sure about the DLC (probably early July)).

I was hoping to have a big month this month with some easy and quicker titles like Life is Strange, Stories: the Path of Destinies and Tales from the Borderlands bulking up my trophy count, but since I'm saving TftB to be Plat #100, it looks like July will have to be the big month now. Oh, well, crossing off another 2 backlog titles will be well worth it and gives me a good 6 months to finish off the last 4 (I'll need that since I've still got around ~40 hours of Dragon Quest Heroes to go and Diablo III has a long grind for one trophy).

Don't be fooled by the temptations of CJ. He is a snake that wants to drag you to the depths of despair you never thought imaginable. Stay with the light of the glorious completionist master race, my brother, for we are complete and pure. In all seriousness though, I'm very close to having a 100% complete profile, it's just DLC trophies for games like Gravity Rush that are holding me back. I've been waiting for them to go on sale for 4 years now and that hasn't happened. I really don't want to pay $17.85 for 24 trophies. :(

On a final note, has anyone here started WRC 5 (PS3)? It's free this month and I'm tempted to start it next month. It's apparently quite buggy though and I'd need a partner for the 4 online trophies.

I think those are good goals and I think you'll get there this year. You might be surprised how many platinums you can earn, depending on what you are prepared to play. At the halfway mark of May, I only had 3 platinums. By the end, I had 14. Mind you, I did play a few quick easy games and I only had a couple of trophies left in others.

When it comes to my goal of hitting 200 platinums, there's almost nothing I wouldn't play (except Hannah Montana, I simply can't). I will never have a 100% profile thanks to games like F.E.A.R. 2 shutting down servers. That being said, there's not much that compares to seeing a nice new shiny Ultra Rare platinum in the cabinet. I'm torn between the light and the dark.

I only know a couple of people with a 100% profile, it's very respectable if you can do it. I look forward to seeing you in the Top 500 and here's hoping I can crack the Top 50.

I'm tempted by WRC 5 too, I'll keep that in mind.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CrestfallenV said:

Don't be fooled by the temptations of CJ. He is a snake that wants to drag you to the depths of despair you never thought imaginable. Stay with the light of the glorious completionist master race, my brother, for we are complete and pure

On my side is a load of fun gaming experiences, trophies for all the good people, eternal sunshine and rainbows. On your completionist side is angry, twisted single game people full of bitterness spending hours in a cold wet hellscape in your quest for a meaningless bronze trophy that required 20+ hours of grinding which any sane person gave up on years ago. I am sure you are trying to justify the ways of your misguided peoples but its hard to hear through all the constant complaining and whinging of the completionist race. I just hope you see the light in time and join us glorious peoples before you become an empty shell with a rotten core bathed in a pure complete dark light.

5 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

It seemed fine so far, in about 1hr and 20% of trophies. Very easy game no difficulty level required. Probably around 20hrs though to play through the rallies then do each stage individually. It runs as to be expected for a PS3 rally game, poor draw distance etc but handling is fine.

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

I'm tempted by WRC 5 too, I'll keep that in mind.

I am also looking at WRC 5 @CrestfallenV. Be happy to do the online trophies with someone and then I can do the offline ones whenever.

If anyone is playing Pay Day 2 DLC trophies that came out a few weeks ago, I need a handy player or 3 to join me. I can do most solo but some I'll need some assistance.

You can actually do the heist DLCs without actually owning the DLC - as long as the host owns it. You only need to purchase the weapon specific ones.

11 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

On my side is a load of fun gaming experiences, trophies for all the good people, eternal sunshine and rainbows. On your completionist side is angry, twisted single game people full of bitterness spending hours in a cold wet hellscape in your quest for a meaningless bronze trophy that required 20+ hours of grinding which any sane person gave up on years ago. I am sure you are trying to justify the ways of your misguided peoples but its hard to hear through all the constant complaining and whinging of the completionist race. I just hope you see the light in time and join us glorious peoples before you become an empty shell with a rotten core bathed in a pure complete dark light.

There's no light in instant gratification, brother.

11 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

It seemed fine so far, in about 1hr and 20% of trophies. Very easy game no difficulty level required. Probably around 20hrs though to play through the rallies then do each stage individually. It runs as to be expected for a PS3 rally game, poor draw distance etc but handling is fine.

Thanks. Let us know if you run into any consistent crashes or issues.

I'll let both @MattyH16 and @adam1984123 know when I start it.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2017 at 10:32 PM, simpgraus said:

the game is pretty good, just a bit grindy in some parts

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it. It's made my list of game to buy (once I finally get around to playing Dirt 2 and Dirt 3, not too sure about Showdown though. Has anyone played it and would recommend it?).

On 17/06/2017 at 1:07 AM, Feral said:

Ha ha ha just stay smashed 24/7, very tempting. Damn, you'd just end up rocking in the corner talking about how there's too many games.

Bloody Big W and they're insanely good prices. Was planning on waiting to get Crash not now though.

Being smashed 24/7 isn't such a bad thing right? :P I've noticed that online they've changed the price to $49, although I have the printed catalogue at home showing $39 so I'm not too sure how you'd go trying to get it at $39.

On 19/06/2017 at 3:20 AM, CrestfallenV said:

Don't be fooled by the temptations of CJ. He is a snake that wants to drag you to the depths of despair you never thought imaginable. Stay with the light of the glorious completionist master race, my brother, for we are complete and pure.

In all seriousness though, I'm very close to having a 100% complete profile, it's just DLC trophies for games like Gravity Rush that are holding me back. I've been waiting for them to go on sale for 4 years now and that hasn't happened. I really don't want to pay $17.85 for 24 trophies. :(

Amen brother!

I paid the $17.85 for the 3 DLC packs and 24 trophies :lol:.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

I've noticed that online they've changed the price to $49, although I have the printed catalogue at home showing $39 so I'm not too sure how you'd go trying to get it at $39.

EB's having a promotion where you can get Crash for $20 if you trade in any 2 PS4, Xbox One or Switch games. You should be able to buy 2 copies of FIFA 14 (PS4) from EB for $4 each, trade them in and effectively get Crash for $28.

16 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

I paid the $17.85 for the 3 DLC packs and 24 trophies :lol:.

You madman.

• Like 3

Just to give hope to all those in division 2, I won't be completing any backlog games this month and I highly doubt I'll score a platinum. Good chance for you to all close the gap. ?

Also, I'll be on holidays for about a week in July so could be quiet months back to back!

Edited by adam1984123
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Just to give hope to all those in division 2, I won't be completing any backlog games this month and I highly doubt I'll score a platinum. Good chance for you to all close the gap. 1f601.png

Also, I'll be on holidays for about a week in July so could be quiet months back to back!

Hoorah finally we have a chance ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Just to give hope to all those in division 2, I won't be completing any backlog games this month and I highly doubt I'll score a platinum. Good chance for you to all close the gap. 1f601.png

Well good, glad I just knocked AC: Syndicate off the backlog then

• Like 3

I start with my June round up. in plain and simple terms not much happened.

played a few games, finished just two. Plants vs Zombies GW & Mr. Massagy.

I did however manage one milestone hit 11,000 trophies

how did everyone else do?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, simpgraus said:

I start with my June round up. in plain and simple terms not much happened.

played a few games, finished just two. Plants vs Zombies GW & Mr. Massagy.

I did however manage one milestone hit 11,000 trophies

how did everyone else do?

Congrats on 11,000 trophies, nice one ?

Slow start to month but then picked up in second half. Overall quite happy especially getting some time again with FFXV 

• Like 1