The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

Looks great Wayne, I particularly like that your showing the Vita some love ( us inhabitants of Vita Island have to stick together )

Best of luck with your next season, sure it will be even more successful than the first .

Thanks CJ! I was going to ban everyone that doesn't own a Vita but then we probably wouldn't have enough participants to run a competition :P. People should be ashamed of themselves if they don't own a Vita!

Does this mean that I can count you in for next season? You are definitely one of those I was going to invite back :).

Count me in aswell. Im liking the updated scoring system. Also a chance to take on the king of bronze again :)  

Thanks Gibbo, good to have you back for season 2! You were definitely another of those that I was going to invite back :).

i'll join this time, never participated in season 1 and think this'll be fun, hopefully i can do good :)

psn i.d = jarethgeason

Thanks for the interest mate, I will add you to the list. Well only on the condition that you make a reality tv series out of the competition and award substantial prize money to the winners :lol:.

I want to be in again! Dunno if I have 6 games for PS3 though lol

Thanks Lightning, good to have you back for season 2! You were another one that I was going to invite back as well :). For the backlog games, you can nominate games that you don't own yet but think you may purchase at some stage if you're struggling to make the 6 for PS3.

Sign me up :) will just add a few games to my existing backlog..... seeing as I haven't touched this year's, lol

Thanks damage, good to have you back for season 2! Also another one that I was going to invite back as well :).

I need to start posting on these forums more. Would have liked to participate but need to get my post count up!

Enjoy all.

Thanks for the interest mate! If you're serious about participating then there should be enough time to get your post count up as the competition doesn't start until March, although I'm not sure how quickly these spots will fill up.

CJ's thread for Australian & New Zealand gamers could be a good starting point to introduce yourself and get some discussions happening: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29160-australia-nz-ps4-ps3-vita-gamers/

The Project Platinum threads might also interest you as a trophy hunter, you can also hurl some banter at the rest of us currently competing in season 1 as well if that's more your style (banter is strongly encouraged within this competition :P ).

Thanks CJ! I was going to ban everyone that doesn't own a Vita but then we probably wouldn't have enough participants to run a competition :P. People should be ashamed of themselves if they don't own a Vita!

Does this mean that I can count you in for next season? You are definitely one of those I was going to invite back :).

Yes most definitely ........ I was eagerly awaiting the message invite  :)  ..... and then thinking how I could back out quietly if I didn't get one.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

Thanks Lightning, good to have you back for season 2! You were another one that I was going to invite back as well :). For the backlog games, you can nominate games that you don't own yet but think you may purchase at some stage if you're struggling to make the 6 for PS3.

No worries man. Glad to be back. Hopefully I can earn some more in season 2 though. Herre's a question for you. Can we nominate some of the same games from season 1 as backlog games if we didn't make any progress or finish them?

Yes most definitely ........ I was eagerly awaiting the message invite  :)  ..... and then thinking how I could back out quietly if I didn't get one.  :facepalm:

How could the competition exist without the King of Bronze (and everything last month)?

You know I'm in. Might skip the backlog challenges. I dont even know if i have 6 games for my ps3 anymore xD

Thanks AuzzieWingman, good to have you back for season 2! It must be nice not have have enough PS3 games to make a backlog list for them, I think the rest of us have too many to know which 6 we're going to list :P.

Sign me up for round 2! I like the new points and backlog challenge systems this season.

Wayne-O; what's the cut off for submitting the backlog challenge titles?

Thanks Drew, good to have you back for season 2! Glad to know that a few people like the changes, the points system in season 1 didn't really work like I though it would when I created the competition. Cut-off isn't for a few months yet, competition starts in March so as long as I have them before then I'm happy.

No worries man. Glad to be back. Hopefully I can earn some more in season 2 though. Herre's a question for you. Can we nominate some of the same games from season 1 as backlog games if we didn't make any progress or finish them?

Yeah definitely, as long as the games still meet the criteria (i.e. less than 10% completion) then it's all good.

I'm ready for Season 2!

Btw in the backlog section did you mean to write games before December 2015? or is that a copy/paste error?

Thanks spazza, good to have you back for season 2! 2015 is correct for the backlog challenge, last season it was 2014 so I added the extra year. Got to try and do my bit to help everyone clear out their backlog of older games :).

Giddyup! you know I'll be up for season 2, mate. I'll probably keep my backlog list similar and add a bunch more PS3 games. I have some ideas. ;)

Thanks IronMask, good to have you back for season 2! No problems, as long as they still meet the criteria then I'm happy for people to use some of the games from last season.

On a side note, it looks like I won't have to send out many invitations after all as everyone that has signed up from last year we're all going to get an invite anyway :). There are only 4 others that I'll need to contact.

• Like 2

I'm keen! I was waiting for an invitation though...

Thanks Matt, good to have you back for season 2! You were 1 of the 4 that I was going to send an invite to tonight :). The others already said they were in before I even thought about doing the invites.

I'll be down for a second season. I'm liking the look of the changes to the point system too. :D

Is there any reason for the 6/3/1 breakdown of the backlog? It doesn't matter much to me since I have more PS3 picked out than anything else, just curious.

Thanks Crest, good to have you back for season 2! You were another of the 4 that I was going to send an invite to tonight :). Good to hear that you like the new points system too.

Yeah my thought was that most of us in the competition would have a whole bunch of games in our backlog accumulated over the years, mostly on the PS3 given the length of the console's life cycle. Now that PS4 has been around a few years we're starting to accumulate PS4 games now too. Plus you also have to show the Vita some love!

Now only 2 people left that I have to actually invite.

• Like 2

Hmm...

I might be able to do the backlog challenge after all. I hope my PS3 hasn't shit itself just yet.

I remember that I bought a whole bunch of games from Hawaii in 2013, and a few tales games sometime. Then there's some of the PS Plus titles like Yakuza 5 and P4AU.

I should have Tearaway or Ass Creed Liberation in a cupboard somewhere for Vita.

The question is: Old backlog games or new ones for PS4. Decisions, decisions...

Edited by AuzzieWingman

Thanks Matt, good to have you back for season 2! You were 1 of the 4 that I was going to send an invite to tonight :)

All good! I like the change to the backlog system how we can now use games with 10% completion or less. I believe my 10 games will come directly from my active list, thus giving me the motivation to finish incomplete games instead of starting new ones and potentially not finishing them (AC Rogue).

All good! I like the change to the backlog system how we can now use games with 10% completion or less. I believe my 10 games will come directly from my active list, thus giving me the motivation to finish incomplete games instead of starting new ones and potentially not finishing them (AC Rogue).

DUDE! Thanks for saying this, I totally need to do AC Rogue too. I have one trophy from it. I think I played the first mission and then it went untouched. Probs not a good idea to release to AC on two different gens that year. Oh well. There's 1 game for me too :D

Oh Wayne, I've forgotten if we can select HD remasters of older games? If they were released this year? And this year I'll definitely pick Uncharted 3 HD cause I haven't gotten that far yet lol

• Like 1