How to level up fast?

viech54

I'm going to start maxing out perks soon. What's the best way to level my character once all skill trees are on 100 (aside of resetting a skill to 15)? I've heard about potions that can raise my alchemy from 15 to 100 with just one potion. Does this work on PS4? And how would I do that? Enchanting for better potions -> making better enchanting potions -> rinse & repeat until I'm satisfied, then create a potion that levels alchemy to 100 immediately? Is it possible on PS4?

Other than that, leveling speech or smithing might work, too.

You can use a rubber band on the left stick and sneak into a wall inside a house to level up sneak while you do something else. Check on it every now and again and reset it to 15 when it gets to 100. Easy peasey levels.

There are some ridiculously fast ways to level using the crafting skills, but I haven't tried them so I'll let others tell you those methods. 

Don't like telling people how to glitch-fuck their way through Skyrim, but I will tell you how growth in the Smithing skill works: the higher the value of the item you're crafting is, the more experience you get. Go to Halted Stream Camp north of Whiterun, and you'll find a spellbook that teaches you Transmute Ore. This spell turns Iron Ore into Silver Ore and Silver Ore into Gold Ore. Then you can take all those random jewels you find in dungeons, and turn those things into jewelry to sell. All the skins you pick up from animals you kill can be turned into Leather, which can be used to create Leather Armor pieces. All the random pieces of Dwarven scrap metal in their ruins can be melted down into ingots and crafted into Dwarven Armor or Weapons. You can also get some experience out of crafting arrows and crossbow bolts out of metal ingots and firewood. Also, when you're building your homesteads, at least make the building materials yourself, like the Nails, Hinges, Iron Fittings, and Locks. You'll get some experience out of that as well.

Speech levels up by selling items, and passing persuade/intimidate/bribe checks.

I've never heard of potions that increase your Alchemy skill in one shot, but Alchemy levels up by either eating an ingredient for the first time, successfully crafting a potion, and discovering a new effect on an ingredient. Here's some recipes that get you potions with multiple effects and can be sold for a bunch of cash:

• Giant's Toe + Bear Claw + Hanging Moss
  • Giant's Toe + Creep Cluster + Wheat
  • Giant's Toe + Blue Butterfly Wing + Blue Mountain Flower
  • Giant's Toe + Wheat + Scaly Pholiota
  • Giant's Toe + Wheat + Wisp Wrappings
  • Chaurus Egg + Garlic + Vampire Dust
  • Chaurus Egg + Luna Moth Wing + Vampire Dust
  • Chaurus Egg + Luna Moth Wing + Namira's Rot
  • Deathbell + Dwarven Oil + Salt Pile
  • Creep Cluster + Mora Tapinella + Scaly Pholiota
Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Block is easy to level quickly, just get a good shield and find a giant camp. They do tons of damage per blow. Wear a piece of both Light and Heavy armor, and heal yourself to work on those skills as well. It's a little more involved than rubber-banding and Sneaking but I found I levelled more quickly.

You can use a rubber band on the left stick and sneak into a wall inside a house to level up sneak while you do something else. Check on it every now and again and reset it to 15 when it gets to 100. Easy peasey levels.

Thanks, I guess that's one way of doing it, but not before I wrap up the Thief's Guild/Dark Brotherhood questlines.

Don't like telling people how to glitch-fuck their way through Skyrim

... Alright, then it's good that you didn't. Anyway, thanks for the explanation, but I was aware of that. I played Skyrim on PS3 (100% trophies) and on PC, I do know my way around the game. I just never bothered with increasing my level beyond 81, so I wanted to know the most efficient way of doing that. Granted, I'm not Lv. 81 on PS4 yet, but I'm working on it. I don't see the point of leveling all my skills once more upon reaching Lv. 81 without "glitch-fucking" my way through Skyrim.

Block is easy to level quickly, just get a good shield and find a giant camp. They do tons of damage per blow. Wear a piece of both Light and Heavy armor, and heal yourself to work on those skills as well. It's a little more involved than rubber-banding and Sneaking but I found I levelled more quickly.

Thanks, will do that to level up block.

Edited by viech54

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Skyrim:Alchemy/Enchanting_Loop

That should be of huge help. I mean, practically impossible to kill and one-hit anything.

Also, it helps quickly leveling.

As for leveling magic, just use it against one of the horses, can't remember which, but basically you can just stand there using it over and over, and with fast enough restore you can just stand there spam it forever until you're maxed out.

As for leveling magic, just use it against one of the horses, can't remember which, but basically you can just stand there using it over and over, and with fast enough restore you can just stand there spam it forever until you're maxed out.

Shadowmere, IIRC, the Dark Brotherhood horse, was practically unkillable. He does take damage, but his health regen is insane. Make sure you don't get his health down to zero and you only have to wait a couple of seconds for him to be at full health again.

On 360 I abused him so bad, levelling my one hand/two hand/destruction/archery/restoration/etc. Basically anything you can cast on another creature you can use on him to level those skills. 

Like you say, it is active though. But work's a treat. 

@MMDE, yeah, that's it (though I didn't specifically say god mode, but since I never did that in Skyrim, I may as well do that now). Thanks :).

@StrickenBiged: Yes, the horse is called Shadowmere, it is really hard to kill.

@topic: What I'm doing right now is leveling myself via pickpocket. Basically, go to a trainer, pay them, steal the gold, level up after 5 training sessions. Pickpocket at 100? Reset it, go find another trainer for a skill you ignored as pickpocket is way too low to steal large amounts of gold, rinse and repeat. Combining it with a pickpocket trainer should speed it up quite a bit.

Edited by viech54

Leveling is essentially pointless after awhile. You hit a point where your character can't get any physically stronger but continuing to level continues to makes enemies scale. So enemies keep getting stronger and you literally can't. It's the stupidest, most counter productive, leveling system I've ever seen. This is one thing Oblivion did so much better with the hard stats system.

... Alright, then it's good that you didn't. Anyway, thanks for the explanation, but I was aware of that. I played Skyrim on PS3 (100% trophies) and on PC, I do know my way around the game. I just never bothered with increasing my level beyond 81, so I wanted to know the most efficient way of doing that. Granted, I'm not Lv. 81 on PS4 yet, but I'm working on it. I don't see the point of leveling all my skills once more upon reaching Lv. 81 without "glitch-fucking" my way through Skyrim.

Didn't need to know all that.

Conjuration is also very easy and fast to level up. Get the bound sword, go to the little island in the middle of a lake (the one with one of the stones on it, can't remember the name right now). There are slaughterfish near it, so just stand at the edge of the water and keep conjuring/sheathing your weapon. Conjuring your weapon will only give you exp when you're near an enemy, so that's why you shouldn't kill the slaughterfish around the little island.

If you want a list of methods for various skills, I'd say reddit is still your best friend (https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/medbn/good_list_of_way_to_train_all_your_skills/) the conjuration method is on there too. The list was made for PS3 Skyrim, but I'm pretty sure all of these work for PS4 too.

• Like 1

@MMDE, yeah, that's it (though I didn't specifically say god mode, but since I never did that in Skyrim, I may as well do that now). Thanks :).

That alchemy glitch is like God mode, indeed. It does require some ingredients though. You can always turn it "off" by just unequipping.

You can train Sneak really easily on Lydia by having her as your companion, hitting her with a sneak attack, and getting exp. Two things to keep in mind:

1) Use a lower level dagger like an Iron Dagger if you have really high One-Handed. Or a Two-Handed Sword would do as well I think.

2) Since you're resetting Sneak over and over, don't put any perks into the tree unless you are stopping your grinding. If you need to put perks and continue the game, when you come back to grinding, up the difficulty to the max to make her a little harder to kill.

I agree with @ThatWhiteGuy98 - play the game. I just put 110ish hours in the game to get my 100%. Every time I visited a town, I bought all of their ingredients,crafted, then enchanted the base items. After about 4-5 loads of ingredients, I spent 30 mins doing alchemy to get 1-2 levels (with + potion ring/ammy on). If you don't care about the dialogues in the game, then every time there is an unskippable dialogue, use Muffle to get Illusion up. I had level 3 Legendary into Muffle by the end of my 100%.

I went for Sneak + Archery gameplay and had very little into Resto, Alteration, Destro, and Conjuration. Only +skill into 2h, 1h, blocking and heavy armor came from skill books and +5 skill increases per level.

• 2 weeks later...

For people taking the mage route, invest in protection spells from the Alteration school like Oakflesh, Stoneflesh, and Ironflesh. Cast one of them at the beginning of every fight, even if you don't really need it, and your Alteration skill level will likely far outstrip any of your other magic skills.

If you lower the difficulty to easy and buy at least two block upgrades, you should be able to heal damage as fast as the giants dish it out. So you can actually just leave a rubber band on the block button and only come back if you need to reset the skill. I think it took around 3 hours to go from 40 to 78 for the legendary dragon spawns.

I know it's not what the thread is asking for, but that might be useful for someone.

Muffle has been a fast leveler - up to 80 in Illusion and I very rarely have the Mage Stone active.  Since you are usually walking somewhere anyway, it is quick and easy just to cast it along the way.  The only part that sucks is if you are out in the wild and rely on magicka for your combat (like I do with conjuring a Bound Bow) and just finished casting a Muffle.  haha.

Enchanting is right there at level 80 as well (again, rarely have the Mage Stone active) and it seems to level up ridiculously fast.  I can see how this can be a pain for those that need to recharge a weapon or cast Soul Trap on every enemy, but with the right perks it is a built in enchantment for Bound Bow and after stocking up on petty, lesser, and common soul gems in White Run, I usually have 6-10 filled per quest I complete.  Under level 50 or so, nearly every item enchanted results in a level up.

Smithing is a slow leveler.  Perhaps with more expensive Dwarven bows it will go quicker, but gold jewelry is not a fast process.  Twice I have had 50+ Gold ingots to craft with (and getting 100 iron/silver ores is not a fast process either) and I have the Warrior stone active 90% of the time (plus I have been crafting leather helmets like crazy), and smithing is only at level 60 something compared to enchanting without the bonus from the stone. I was going to skip the Dwarven Smithing perk and just go up the light armor side of the tree, but rethinking this not only to level smithing up faster, but given the abundance of Dwemer materials, I could easily replace the everyday iron arrow with Dwarven arrows when I craft an endgame bow (and be able to improve the Dwarven Crossbow even though I will probably rarely use it).

I know opinions vary, but I do like to craft and enchant to level up so will likely find a way to reset smithing and keep going once it reaches 100 if I need to level up to better my chances of a legendary dragon spawning.  It is easy to justify this or casting a spell over and over again - your Skyrim chracter is a legendary salvager of rare items and materials, a master blacksmith, a world renowned enchanter, etc.  With the spells, perhaps your character casts Muffle wherever they go because they are totally paranoid that someone will hear them, maybe it is a nervous tic, or maybe they are just practicing.  Stuff like backstabbing Lydia just breaks the game for me.

Smithing is going to mandutory if you want to get 100% ( Eboby Smithing required, Smithing 80 to unlock) fort Dragonborn DLC to craft a Stalhrim item. Building the 3 houses for Hearthfire got me to about Smithing 40 but that was without any bonuses or standing stones enabled. The quickest way appears to be the Gold Ingot route but they are hard to come by unless you do the duplication glitch. I just stock piled everything I knew could be use to smith and have been smithing with all I got.

Muffle like I said is good as you can do it while doing other things rather than boosting.

The easiest way I found to level up, I haven't tried it but seen other people is using Telekinesis. This will need some setting up however. Firstly you need to do the quest in Dragonborn DLC called Black Book: Filament and Filigree at the end you get one of 3 rewars - you need to choose Secret of Arcana this will grant you the ability to use spells which do not cost any magika for 30 seconds. You then travel to Skyrim and travel to either the furest west or east and enable it and pick up an object with telekinesis - you need to dual use the spell I believe but alternate so not both buttons are held at once, you then bring up the map travel to the other side of the map with fast travel, the game thinks you traveled all that distance using Telekinesis the entire time on an object and will level you up rapidly. I saw someone go from 15-100 in Alteration in less than 10 minutes.

You could use a couple of tricks in my opinion, use one of the black books to get double rewards from skill books, that is 10 free points per perk you get, also use the "free training" by the companions. This could get you very high combat skills

Best way i know is to level illusion to level 90 do the master quest and buy the harmony book and spam that in the blue palace or in and around whiterun it will level you up fast and if you have the DLC for Dragonborne get the black book: filament and filigree and get the perk "Secret of Arcana" you will be able to spam the skill for 30 seconds and it will not effect your magica so if you dont have enough magica to do the spell (think it costs 600+ magica) it won't matter because you can spam it with the perk enabled in powers (just wait 24 hours in game to cast again and continue)

Another way to level up is pretty much doing the same as above but with conjuration and use the detect life spell inside the blue palace or somewhere where there are a lot of NPC's at one given time. I reccommend siding with the stormcloaks to do this because the Imperial jarls/stuards/kids are banished to the blue palace making more people for the spell to "detect" this isn't probably as quick as the previous method but it is still pretty much worth it if you're looking to level conjuration quick without spending that much time on it.

Another way you can level up is by smithing and enchanting, simply go around all the different holds and steal/buy all the silver ingots/ore you can (Markarth is probably best tbf and you can get atleast 9 from dragonsreach in whiterun) you can also get gold from lost Prostpect Mine (resets every 2 in-game weeks) and Kolskeggr Mine (resets every 30+ something days i just check back every now and then see if there are any forsworn about kill check inside and if you cant mine the gold leave and come back later) when you have enough gold/silver ingots you can smith them into rings/pendants which you can then enchant after you have done smithing them and sell them to make gold, and if you have done the thiefs guild side quest jobs from Delsin and Vex and unlock the other vendors you can sell all the stuff to them too (#BestTownForMerchants :D)

To level up alchemy i'd reccommend find a simple potion from the wiki and craft the hell out of it for example i like to use 1 Giants Toe + 1 Wheat and it will level quite quick but can get a little annoying at times having to find ingredients but most alchemy shops will sell them or if you're up for a bit of hunting there are plenty of giant camps around and there is usually one at Largashbur (South West of Riften) and during the quest at Largashbur the chief will take you to Fallowstone Cave which has a few giants inside (plus the one at the end) and to get wheat there are some towns/farms around skyrim that has wheat you can harvest (E.g. Rorikstead) 

Pickpocket can be a little troublesome to level but one tip: The NPC's in the thief's guild won't become hostile if they find you pickpocketing them so that will be a good way to start off pickpocketing, Delsin can give you jobs to help with your pickpocket skill, and if you go to riften jail and see Sibbi Black Briar you can pickpocket him as many times as you want and if he catches you you'll still be able to pickpocket him.

Sneak: just walk around 

Bow: Sneak and shoot the greybeards and save every couple of levels to avoid them detecting you and becomming hostile, i'd reccommend going on legendary difficulty and choosing the best bow+arrows you have to make your archery increase as you are given exp based on how much damage you do rather than how many hits something takes (and if you are looking to be an archer deffinately invest in some perks to help you out primerilly the overdraw perk for the more damage)

1 Handed swords: Same process as above but just use a dagger to get there and if you are looking to choose this as a main stat invest in perks such as Armsman

2 Handed swords: Same as above.

Block/Heavy/Light Armour: Go to a low levelish site or find mobs that wont kill you in 1 shot with no followers, let them use you as their punching bag

For block: Use your shield hold it up

Heavy/Light Armour: just stand there and use restoration skills to heal yourself (leveling restoration at the same time) or scoff potions your choice 

Destruction: Buy a horse and do flames on it on legendary difficulty so you wont kill your horse and maybe use restoration such as heal other to level restoration at the same time while attempting to keep your horse alive

That's it i think for the quickest-ish ways to level up skills, these are probably the best skills to level some take more effort than others 

If you're having trouble check out ESO on youtube he has some good guides to show you how to level individual skill tree's to level 100 quick using tried and tested methods. 

(Good Luck :D )

Edited by LauryW
  • Like 1