How to level up fast?

viech54

Instead of all of the recent suggestions, just use the enhancing loop to super quickly both level up and get insane equipment... Muffle leveling is super slow, same goes for the rest of the suggestions...

Telekinesis glitch is the easiest in my opinion, I went from 55 to 80 in 10 minutes.

dunno if anyone already posted this im too tired to go reading every post atm but heres a fairly easy and quick level up method

get around 1200 gld

go to riften and get arrested and inprisoned

break out of your cell and reclaim ur stuff mainly to grab your gold go across from your cell and ull see the blackbrier guy in a cell 

save your game go into pick pocket and give him about 200 gold (more depending on your pick pocket level when u start) now steal it back if u fail dont worry since your already "inprisoned" you wont get in trouble and u can just keep trying til you get it and just keep raising the amount u put in and steal back till you get the ability in the skill tree that makes pickpocketing money easier then just dump all 1200 in there and just keep picking it back you should get 1-3 pick pocket levels per try and itll raise your level aswell

once u hit pickpocket 100 just go legendary and repeat from 200 

should only take at most 3 hours to go from level 20-80 or it was the case for me when i was going for the legendary dragon trophy but the higher level u are i noticed the more the game bugs out

Use soul trap. You can buy it from court wizards like Farengar in Dragonsreach. 

After you have it, equip all the magic boosting and magic regeneration items you have, like Savos Aren's amulet and robes. Then find a dead body (kill a bandit or a mud crab etc) and simply cast soul trap on the body again and again. When you run out of magicka, just wait an hour and then go again. As you level up your conjuration, use a skill point on the apprentice conjuration perk. Then when you get to 100, reset to 15 and start again.

Instead of all of the recent suggestions, just use the enhancing loop to super quickly both level up and get insane equipment... Muffle leveling is super slow, same goes for the rest of the suggestions...

Muffle can be slow but if you're going for the platinum then it doesn't matter too much and actually has no impact really on how you play. 

Telekinesis glitch is the easiest in my opinion, I went from 55 to 80 in 10 minutes.

Telekinesis isn't THAT fast, but it is one of the fastest ways for sure! :)

Muffle can be slow but if you're going for the platinum then it doesn't matter too much and actually has no impact really on how you play. 

Definitely faster than Muffle, which takes forever. Remember, the person asked for how to level up fast.

Once what I said is set up correctly it takes less than 10 mins to max level in at least one "skill" or whatever. :P Besides, you don't need the levels afterwards for anything other than a trophy... one hit everything in the game, including dragons and bosses. Nothing can kill you either, except massive falls I think.

Telekinesis isn't THAT fast, but it is one of the fastest ways for sure! :)

It is that fast ;) you level up 3-5 times every single fast travel if you do is correctly. I literally went from 55-80 in minutes.

Only problem is setting it up but if you are going for 100% you can set it up on the way.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Train with a trainer every level no exception use either the followers giving you your money back for free benefit (which means you'll need to complete the Companions questline ASAP since Faendal can level you to 50 in Archery by level 11) or use the poisoned perk and reverse pickpocket paralysis poison so you can get your your money back from the trainers who are not followers but regardless max out your training 5 times every level no exceptions

2) Get the Aetherial Crown ASAP and attach the Lover Stone (15% boost to all perks) and keep it on your head at all times except when sleeping with your lover or picking a new standing stone perk (Thief, Warrior, Mage)

3) Get married to someone who can follow you and sleep for 1 hour as often as you can you never know when you will run across a random stone cot in a dungeon and can plop down for 1H sleep (remove the crown first) so you can get the full 30% global buff of Lovers Stone + Lover's comfort while muffling, sneaking, fighting, through the dungeons.

4) When boosting Alchemy, Enchanting, or Smithing then make 100% sure you have the appropriate Guardian stone active + Aetherial Crown (Lover Stone) + Lover's Comfort perk that way you are getting the full 50% exp boost for everything you do.  Same goes for building houses in Hearthstone for the Master Architect trophy get the extra smithing perks.

5) Muffle is your best friend use it everywhere all the time and make it legendary over and over and over again the only Illusion perk worth a crap (IMHO) is quiet casting (since you're gonna be muffling around the dungeons why not do it silently) and that only requires level 50 Illusion you go from 15-50 so quickly losing the perks in the tree is not really that debilitating. I am pretty sure I made Illusion legendary 5 times on my quest for level 78.

6) Do not read Oghma Infinium until you have all skills (or as many as you can handle) level 90-95 in a given tree.  You get the maximum benefit possible by having it grant levels you cannot get at an expert trainer. I chose combat then simply stopped wearing Heavy Armor at level 95 same with two-handed, one handed, etc.  By the time I got smithing up to 95 I read the book to push every combat skill up to level 100.

So just be smart get Faendal as soon as you get out of Helgen and let him push your archery up to 50 while you complete the Companions questline after that you have many followers who can level you up while you work on the werewolf mastered trophy once you unlock that trophy lose lycanthropy ASAP so you can get perks from resting have your spouse follow you while donning the Aetherial Crown and you will likely be level 78 by the time you complete Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Thieves Guild, Companions, College of Winterhold, Dark Brotherhood, Civil War, & the main quests that you will have very little grinding to do to get the Legend trophy.  When you do hit level 78 just go visit  Arcwind Point and profit.

Edited by honeybone

• 4 weeks later...

What I did to level up quickly after I did most of the quests for all the trophies (to get to level 78 for the legendary dragon, starting at 42):

1. Using the Aetherial Crown from Lost by the Ages, get the bonusses from both the Mage Stone (+20% skill increase for magicka) and the Lovers Stone (+15% skill increase for everything)
  2. Get the Muffle spell and use it to get to level 25 illusion (shouldn't take more than a few casts if you're not there yet)
  3. Get the Novice Illusion and Apprentice Illusion perks (so you can cast Muffle for half Magicka)
  4. Equip Muffle to both hands and start spamming it with both hands untill your Magicka is empty
  5. Wait 1 hour (press touch pad, then x) and your mana will be full.
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 untill you level up
  7. Once Illusion is at level 100, make it legendary and repeat steps 2-6)

If you have enough gold and a decent pickpocketing skill (with the Poisoned perk):

1. After every character level up, visit any master trainer for a skill that's below level 90
  2. Train the skill 5 times (possible up to skill level 90)
  3. Quick save
  4. Pickpocket the trainer and give him a Potion of Paralysis (reload if you get caught)
  5. Wait for the paralysis to wear of and quickly pickpocket the trainer again for the gold you spent on training

To make a paralysis potion

1. Mix a Canis Root and a Swamp Fungal Pod (both can be found around Morthal, but if you're not opposed to using a glitch you can also buy the from an alchemy merchant).
  2. You can also mix a Briar Heart with a Swamp Fungal Pod if you have those lying around.

The glitch you can use at a merchant:

1. Buy the stuff you need
  2. Quick save
  3. Attack the merchant
  4. Quickly load your save
  5. The merchant's stock has been reset
  6. Using this glitch will also randomly give the merchant some of his/her rarer stuff. Like Canis Roots and Briar Hearts at the merchant in Whiterun. Just keep repeating steps 1 - 5 untill you have enough paralysis potions (at least 1 for every character level you want to gain).
Edited by Ric

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...

The fastest way to level up is with the secret of arcana glitch. The secret of arcana is a power you can get in the Dragonborn DLC (it is a black book power). If you use it your spells don't cost any mana for 30 seconds. Together with telekinesis this results in very quick leveling.

1. Get telekinesis. Check this link for all locations: https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Telekinesis_(Skyrim)

2. Travel to Solstheim (Dragonborn DLC) and complete the side-quest Unearthed: https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Unearthed_(Dragonborn) NOTE: The quest takes several ingame days to complete.

3. Equip telekinesis and the secret of Arcana. 

4. Activate secret of Arcana

5. Pull an item towards you using telekinesis.

6. While pulling, press triangle and open the map.

7. Fast travel anywhere, but preferably somewhere far away.

8. If the skill is level 100, make it legendary before proceeding

9. Wait 24 hours ingame and repeat steps 4-9.

You'll have level 80 in no-time this way. 

NOTE: enemies level with you, so take caution.

Edited by Cauvuh_Lakrwa
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

The fastest way to level up is with the secret of arcana glitch. The secret of arcana is a power you can get in the Dragonborn DLC (it is a black book power). If you use your spells don't cost any mana for 30 seconds. Together with telekinesis this results in very quick leveling.

1. Get telekinesis. Check this link for all locations: https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Telekinesis_(Skyrim)

2. Travel to Solstheim (Dragonborn DLC) and complete the side-quest Unearthed: https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Unearthed_(Dragonborn) NOTE: The quest takes several ingame days to complete.

3. Equip telekinesis and the secret of Arcana. 

4. Activate secret of Arcana

5. Pull an item towards you using telekinesis.

6. While pulling, press triangle and open the map.

7. Fast travel anywhere, but preferably somewhere far away.

8. If the skill is level 100, make it legendary before proceeding

9. Wait 24 hours ingame and repeat steps 4-9.

You'll have level 80 in no-time this way. 

NOTE: enemies level with you, so take caution.

To add to this, i didn't use telekinesis, but i used something from the destruction tree, it almost works the same. this is the method i followed and it was very quick getting my last levels done

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just popped the 'Legend' trophy for defeating a Legendary Dragon. Started at level 48 and got to level 78 in no less then 3 hours.

Went to the Thief Stone just outside of Helgen for a juicy 20% XP boost. Equipped an Iron Dagger and went straight to High Hrothgar to crouch sneak behind the Greybeards and slash the absolute crap out of them. Once they're low on health, search around for another one to go to town on. Rinse and repeat. Make sure you autosave often as sometimes they may accidentally aggro and I've been frozen by their attacks on the ground and stun locked. Couldn't get up, move or reset without loading the previous save.

Sneak goes from 15 to 100 VERY quickly. Once you've hit level 100 in Sneak, just Legendary the skill to reset it to 15. I think I reset the skill about 7-8 times. Not a fancy method but got me there very quickly. Hope this helps!

Edited by Kryptic-Xero