AM challenges

dharksoul

Level 4 bandit

I can't for the life of me get the trick challenge barspin, toothpick, toboggan. I've tried just jumping off the ramp, and both types of boost. I've also tried looking up videos, but no luck. Any advice?

Is it the one with the rail right at the beginning of the track? There is very less space to perform a barspin, but its possible. Try to lean back as much as possible to perform the barspin and then lean forward to get the front wheel on the rail. If i remember right, i left the little ramp very early. By leaning back you can perform the barspin even you are very close to the rail. This challenge is pretty tough!

• Like 1

This level has evil tricks, the one after is just as frustrating. Best tip I can give is to hold back on left stick before you do the first jump (as you're riding up to it), but make sure you don't do the boost or you lose too much speed. Uploaded my runs for this trick and the next one since they're both kind of similar:

Medium trick:

Hard trick:

Edited by t1redmonkey

• 3 weeks later...

I was having a lot of trouble doing the barspin to ice pick to backflip at the beginning of this level, as I found I just kept crashing over and over on the bar despite any changes I made to when I let go of X to get more height (as you cannot use boost or racer just the normal jump).

I then decided to change it so that I pressed X with one finger, while using a different finger to press left on the analogue stick as soon as I let go of X on the jump. I found that doing this made him do the trick just a fraction faster than moving the same finger from X to the stick, and meant I consistently wouldn't crash on the pole each time!

Hope this helps some people.

Edited by BinkUncia

• 3 years later...
On 14.12.2016 at 10:17 PM, BinkUncia said:

I was having a lot of trouble doing the barspin to ice pick to backflip at the beginning of this level, as I found I just kept crashing over and over on the bar despite any changes I made to when I let go of X to get more height (as you cannot use boost or racer just the normal jump).

I then decided to change it so that I pressed X with one finger, while using a different finger to press left on the analogue stick as soon as I let go of X on the jump. I found that doing this made him do the trick just a fraction faster than moving the same finger from X to the stick, and meant I consistently wouldn't crash on the pole each time!

Hope this helps some people.

I tried the exact same trick few hundred times and my main problem used to be not having enough speed for the backflip and that only like one out of 5 barspins landed.

For me the key to success for this trick was to use my left thumb for the barspin instead of the right as usually. This gives you the much needed benefit of a split second. Took me 5 more tries and it worked after 2-3 hours of constantly failing this one. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO