Dog tag help please...

So I'm following the guide and I just finished the Tanker-Plant playthrough on normal.  I was going to start my hard playthrough for dog tags but there is no video for tanker-hard dog tags.  My question is, do I need to play through this chapter at all or can I just start on the Plant?  I'm just trying to get the Great Dane trophy if that helps.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey angelgrievous,

Good luck getting all those dog tags. You'll find great text guides in the lower links. Both helped me a lot.

TANKER:  http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/632694-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection/faqs/63356

PLANT:  http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/632694-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection/faqs/63365

Thanks!  These are great.  Trophy hunting:  Keeping 10 tabs open since update 2.40.

• Like 2

Thanks!  These are great.  Trophy hunting:  Keeping 10 tabs open since update 2.40.

I'll also add:  For the most part, you're going to be getting the same dog tags over and over.  You'll need to do each section on each difficulty for Great Dane, regardless of order.  Each difficulty adds like 1 or two guards.  You actually dont NEED 100% of the dog tags to unlock the trophies.  You can miss a few. I forget what the exact number is that unlocks each item, but its not 100%.  I probably missed about 15 - 20 total after I was done with extreme.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

This particular trophy is misleading, as mentioned in the guide. You only need to collect 218 Dog Tags to earn Great Dane; however, I strongly advise you to not skip the Tanker section as you must accumulate 126 Dog Tags in order to obtain the Tanker bandana and stealth suit.

Hope that helps! 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2