Dragon Ball Super 66 (Spoilers)

CrimsonFalzar

So... wtf was that. That was the biggest disappointment to Vegito fans I swear.

He basically had that fight down and done but noooooo they needed to give the win to trunks right? That's the biggest BS I ever saw.

I think I'm done with super I started getting into it at the start of this saga and the bullshit they just pulled I'm getting out of it real quick.

Still hope SSB Vegito Is in Xenoverse 2 even tho he was only in a fight for like 3 minutes -_-

The whole Black Goku/Zamasu arc has been full of pretty bad writing, but most of it was caused by the huge power jump that was make when SSJBlue was introduced. Any character that reaches SSJBlue is more or less a God in the DB universe and because of this, we have more or less reached a point where if Goku or Vegeta gets any stronger the only people who can fight them are the Gods of Destruction. Zamasu had to be immortal and crazy to be anywhere near strong enough to be a threat.

It's safe to say that the whole "Super" series was pretty weird to begin with, and starts to reach GT level. I mean, there are gods all over the place, super-saiyajin can become red, blue and even pink (lolz), the brought Frieza back again just to have him killed off right away...and much more. But for some strange reason I do still enjoy most of it.

As for the current episode...yeah, the fight was sadly not good at all. Poor Vegito only appeared there for some fan service, and then disappeared again cause they changed the fusion rules. But I do expected Trunks to save the day since it's more or less his arc. 

In terms of power, there is still much more to come. Even now, neither Vegeta or Goku can take on Beerus on their own, let alone Whis. And not to mention that there are even much stronger beings out there (Grand Priest and Zeno). Hit from the Universe 6 saga was also not bad at all.

so who is the next big bad? as well, i read a rumor just before super started, that they intended to do approx. 200 episodes. this being 66, we have a long way to go. Id like them to bring in an idea of a lost species that is stronger than namek/saiyan/frieza. I liked zamasu. figured trunks would have gone SSB though to beat him. glad they didnt go that route, save it for a bigger deal maybe if at all

as for the reference to GT, the ONLY thing good about GT was when Baby stole Vegita's body. other than that GT is crap x1000000000

GT still ain't canon, back then Toriyama was "I'm done with Dragon Ball" but people wanted more and somehow GT happened. Meanwhile Super is being real Dragon Ball storywise, full of plot holes like real Toriyama story should. Hey come on, we're talking about comic where next two chapters can negate previous ones as who remembers what happened like few weeks ago. It's cool like that and I find character interactions silly fun as they this far have fit the characters.

Edit: Not to say I wasn't disappointed in last fight, but I can deal with this lol.

Edited by theJJ88
  • Like 1

I was so hyped for this episode... but when I watched it I was so disappointed. My first face palm was when they changed the potara fusion rule and gave it a time limit. I get it that it's not really a plothole and that it gives us an "official" reason for Vegito defusing in the Buu arc, but I hated this cause they just removed the one key difference Potara Fusion and Fusion Dance had. Now the only difference is that it's 1 hour time limit instead of 30 mins for Fusion dance. I mean if that's the case, may as well give Goten and Trunks some potaras instead of having them to do the dance cause there's no "permanent" fusion drawback anymore and the time limit is double that of the dance. Anyway, besides that... I also disliked the ending but if they had to have Trunks finish off Zamasu, then I don't see how they could do it better. Also Goku bringing back the Kaio Ken was beastly imo, and I actually liked it here way more than in the Hit fight, cause here they treated it right... like a desperate measure attack, not like a tranformation that you have for the whole fight and only face the consequences after the fight ends. (also 10x kaioken was kinda overkill back then...)

I don't even know where to start to critize this bullshit episode. Yes, l am a huge fan. Yes, l am super glad l can watch  brand new Dragon Ball sagas. Yes, l will watch even though it sucks like hell ( still nothing can suck more than GT ) but what the actual fuck was that? Unfusing Goku and Vegeta by saying " non gods only last an hour " is this all you can come  up? Seriously man? I had an ex girlfriend who was a teacher in kindergarden and l swear those kids could come up with more creative way. I mean, Kaioshin as a god himself didn't know that when he gave potaras to Goku and Vegeta but this new old fart god dude knows it ha? Is there actually anybody who understand why they got unfused? I seriously did not! Potara transformation was meant to be a perfect one. They could ask Whis to unfuse them or they could use dragon balls but this? For fuck sake.
Another thing, a weakling like zamasu, (yeah he is weakling as we can recall SSJ1 Goku could take him down and since he was immortal he did not need to raise his power level at all. ) was able to land a hit to Vegito. I mean seriously? Vegito should be powerful enough to take down Beerus unless he can transform. I missed Vegito's badass approach, the way he toyed Buuhan was amazing and what we saw was nothing more than a teaser. Trunks was able to kill that so called god dude but he was able to land a blow to Vegito?
Couldn't agree this guys  more right now.

A note on ending . If l want to watch something emotional, l would fucking watch some Brazilian soap operas. Making it emotional just because two fucktard brats were counting on Trunks? Since when he can use Genki dama? 

To sum up : FUCK YOU LATEST EPISODE YOU SUCKED. 

See you on the next episode guys.

A pissed off fan.

I forgot to add something edit : I am glad that other z warrior was useful, l really am but just not this way. Edited by MilanYildirim

The episode felt strangely rushed. Just last episode Zamasu was practically untouchable, now he's already dead thanks to some weird impromptu spirit bomb. Plus, at least half of the population had already died before Goku Black appeared, and he was around for several months. How was it anywhere near strong enough? Did he just spend all that time chilling at the log cabin?

Were the viewing figures declining during this arc or something? The end just seemed to come out of nowhere. It's certainly the most excited I've ever been for Dragon Ball, but who knows, Japanese people are weird.

I don't mind the new potara explanation. It doesn't actually contradict anything the show has portrayed as fact. I can also see why they chose the time limit route over introducing a method to defuse it manually. If it weren't for that Trunks wouldn't have been able to get the kill, and he deserved it since it's his world, and he got them into this mess in the first place. The fusion wore off in less than an hour, so it's certainly not a reliable solution to any future problems. It may even become obsolete depending on the cause, so that's fine.

But what really pissed me off was Goku's kamehameha overwhelming Zamasu when Vegeta AND Trunks' combined galick gun struggled to do the same. Vegeta is undeniably more powerful at this point, but apparently Goku doesn't give a shit about that. Super's going to end without him ever being more than a punching bag to show off a new villain's strength :(

I don't even know where to start to critize this bullshit episode. Yes, l am a huge fan. Yes, l am super glad l can watch brand new Dragon Ball sagas. Yes, l will watch even though it sucks like hell ( still nothing can suck more than GT ) but what the actual fuck was that? Unfusing Goku and Vegeta by saying " non gods only last an hour " is this all you can come up? Seriously man? I had an ex girlfriend who was a teacher in kindergarden and l swear those kids could come up with more creative way. I mean, Kaioshin as a god himself didn't know that when he gave potaras to Goku and Vegeta but this new old fart god dude knows it ha? Is there actually anybody who understand why they got unfused? I seriously did not! Potara transformation was meant to be a perfect one. They could ask Whis to unfuse them or they could use dragon balls but this? For fuck sake.

Another thing, a weakling like zamasu, (yeah he is weakling as we can recall SSJ1 Goku could take him down and since he was immortal he did not need to raise his power level at all. ) was able to land a hit to Vegito. I mean seriously? Vegito should be powerful enough to take down Beerus unless he can transform. I missed Vegito's badass approach, the way he toyed Buuhan was amazing and what we saw was nothing more than a teaser. Trunks was able to kill that so called god dude but he was able to land a blow to Vegito?

Couldn't agree this guys more right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50NIGAqsVc

A note on ending . If l want to watch something emotional, l would fucking watch some Brazilian soap operas. Making it emotional just because two fucktard brats were counting on Trunks? Since when he can use Genki dama?

To sum up : FUCK YOU LATEST EPISODE YOU SUCKED.

See you on the next episode guys.

A pissed off fan.

I forgot to add something edit : I am glad that other z warrior was useful, l really am but just not this way.

I feel like vegito wasn't being cocky because if you saw in the fight even when he started monologuing vegito just ran up and decked him. I'm pretty sure he went full power from the start to end it. Which is awesome we never got to see vegito at full power in the buu arc he didn't even use any of his power if your honest. He said multiple times I could end you in an instant which wasn't him being cocky he litterly could have. Hell he didn't even go ss2 in that fight. But in this fight it's a different story. He knew there was a time limit he knew what he had to do so that's why he was being so serious. (By all means I'm not defending super but gotta understand what vegito was thinking) I mean hell he fired a final kamehameha. That shit was epic. Tho I wish they gave him at least 1 episode not 8 minutes yes it was actually around 7 to 8 minutes he was in that fight :/

I feel like vegito wasn't being cocky because if you saw in the fight even when he started monologuing vegito just ran up and decked him. I'm pretty sure he went full power from the start to end it. Which is awesome we never got to see vegito at full power in the buu arc he didn't even use any of his power if your honest. He said multiple times I could end you in an instant which wasn't him being cocky he litterly could have. Hell he didn't even go ss2 in that fight. But in this fight it's a different story. He knew there was a time limit he knew what he had to do so that's why he was being so serious. (By all means I'm not defending super but gotta understand what vegito was thinking) I mean hell he fired a final kamehameha. That shit was epic. Tho I wish they gave him at least 1 episode not 8 minutes yes it was actually around 7 to 8 minutes he was in that fight :/

Annoying thing is we were shown more Vegito on the trailer compared to this episode and what you said is exactly what pissed me off.

Vegito did not even need to go SSB to kick zamasu's ass. On buu saga, Vegito was completely a different level than SSJ3, imagine him now with Goku and Vegeta is that strong now. As the guy said above, final kamehame was awesome but how on earth it did not effect him?

Another bullshit was when Vegito pierced zamasu he healed but he couldn't when Trunks attacked him. Meh...