Does someone have an idea what's wrong with my PS3?

RachelCharlotte

I've tried three different cables now, I fear it's time to accept the worst :(

Well, hopefully you can save your hard drive. I wouldn't think that this would have affected it if it's still turning on. Then again, I'm not well-versed in tech problems aside from my own. Good luck.  :dunno:

It depends if you have an automatic log in or a page where you have users. It took a long while to get my screen back up. I just used the 3 beep tactic.

Yes, I automatically logged in whenever I started the console.

Well, hopefully you can save your hard drive. I wouldn't think that this would have affected it if it's still turning on. Then again, I'm not well-versed in tech problems aside from my own. Good luck.  :dunno:

I thought it was impossible to use the HDD with anything but the system it was used for?

you're using the 60GB piano finish ps3 model?

yeah the older ps3 models before the 160GB slim and 12GB super slim ps3's don't have this feature where it automatically adopted to a new TV, the newer ps3 slim and super slim models can adopted to new TV's and monitors from the HDMI cable.

Yep, it's that model. So not only do I lose my PS3, but also no more PS2 games for me.

I remember once I had a problem similar to yours. Couldn't see anything on the TV when I turned on my PS3 (fat model). I remember I solved it just changing configurations on my TV.

It's a long shot, don't really know if you tried that already, but if you don't give it a try. Can't remember if it was the image format or other settings. But I would try to change everything that affects image.

I feel your pain. Hope you can solve that!