Mission 54 and 64 - easy 5-star strategies.

hyappatuhyakuchu

I

I'm currently following this guide. I didn't get any stars for mission 54.

Is there an easy strategy that doesn't tell you to spend all your cash into accessories?

I don't remember sorry. It has been 6 years.

I don't remember having any trouble with any of the missions by following that guide though.

Topic. I'm struggling a lot with these! I don't have a lot of gil to spend on accessories!

This is mostly for mission 54, because I got the Gold Watch from mission 64 (although I got zero star out of five and have to do it again).

My characters are almost maxed out!

It's been years since i've played this game so i might not remember everything:

- M54, Gigantuar.

For this one you just need a sword for Lightning that has a small chance of instantly staggering the enemy, i believe it's called Lionheart. Use that on Lightning and keep restarting the battle until you insta-stagger him, you should be able to kill him in seconds depending on RNG. 

I don't remember how you get/make this sword, so you should probably Google that. :P

I was not maxed out when i finished this mission.

- M64, the last mission.

For this one i remember i used Fang or Snow, Vanille... and i think Lightning.

You have either Fang or Snow being SEN while Vanille goes as SAB and Lightning as RAV to build the gauge.

I remember using Vanille to specifically poison him and then after he was debuffed i'd go SEN, RAV, RAV and once he was staggered i'd go COM, COM, COM or COM, RAV, COM. SEN, SEN, SEN when he does one of those attacks, you know... when the camera closes up on him. edit: obviously you wanna have a set with MED and SYN here. :P

I think i used the good weapons (those last tiers... things...) on this one, and i was maxed out, but i did not use the item that helps you get 5stars.

Honestly, there's no "easy" strat for this one IMO, just max out and get the good weapons and use items, buff yourself/debuff him and you'll make it!

Edited by Ren

• 7 months later...

I have T3 weapon for Fang and T2 weapons for everyone else. What accessories do I need to use or avoid using to get the 5 star? With T3 weapons on everyone and using genji glove/kaiser knuckle I got 3 stars and after getting the gold watch I still only got 3 stars.

• 1 month later...