Worried About COD:Declassified's Graphics? Fear Not!

Hello everybody, I am sure that I am not the only one that when originally saw BLOPS: Declassified's graphics, was a bit concered. Let's face it, the visuals were nowhere near what one would expect from the Vita. Apparently things have gotten much much better over the past few months. In fact, it almost looks really close to the console version. I know graphics are not everything, but it certainly helps!!! The following story can be found at gameplox.com or specifically at http://www.gameplox....uch-better-now/ .

"Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified Graphics Are Much Better Now

Posted by Caleb in Vita & PSP News

black_ops_declassified_graphics_comparison-1024x530.jpg

Back in August, Sony showed off the first footage from the PS Vita exclusive, Call of Duty: Black Ops – Declassified, and fans were disappointed for many reasons, namely the poor graphics. The PS Vita is capable of great visual quality that is exemplified by the gorgeous OLED screen, so the poor visuals surprised many. The good news is that the team at Nihilistic Software has greatly improved the visuals of the game since we last saw it.

Above, I have featured an image that compares a screenshot of the game released in August (on the left) to two recently released screenshots on the bottom-left and top-right. You may want to make the image larger to see the difference more clearly. You can see that many textures have been improved upon on the guns, characters, and buildings; oh yeah, and the snow doesn’t look like it’s just a white plane anymore. The top and the bottom screenshot both feature the same light machine gun, but the gun on the bottom is now more clear and visually appealing with the improved lighting.

Sure Call of Duty: Black Ops – Declassified still runs in 30 frames per second and doesn’t quite compare to other PS Vita games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss visually, but it’s great to see notable changes and improvements in just a few months time. Call of Duty: Black Ops – Declassified doesn’t have an official release date yet, but one would assume Activision is aiming for a simultaneous launch alongside Call of Duty: Black Ops II on November 13th."

Edited by Vote Mitt Romney

I'm not worried about graphics at all, I'm worried about the story. From what I can tell, there will be no actual campaign but it will be set up kind of like Unit 13 where it's a bunch of seperate missions. If that is the case I'll be really disappointed and will wait for a price drop before I make a purchase.

Parker

I'm not worried about graphics at all, I'm worried about the story. From what I can tell, there will be no actual campaign but it will be set up kind of like Unit 13 where it's a bunch of seperate missions. If that is the case I'll be really disappointed and will wait for a price drop before I make a purchase.

Parker

I was extremely disappointed with unit 13 so I'll avoid this if that is true.

I am suprised that some of you did not like Unit 13. I found it to be quite fun and enjoyable. Anyway, I know that the missions are based similarly to Unit 13, but I thought there was a story that was set in the middle of BLOPS I and II. At least that is what I thought I heard.

I am suprised that some of you did not like Unit 13. I found it to be quite fun and enjoyable. Anyway, I know that the missions are based similarly to Unit 13, but I thought there was a story that was set in the middle of BLOPS I and II. At least that is what I thought I heard.

I heard the same thing, that there would be a story or at least a bridge to gap the events between each game. Or, at least I heard it was supposed to be it's own story. I don't think this will be the game changer that will be released on the Vita. Perhaps a Battlefield would help the system? 1943 perhaps? ;)

I heard the same thing, that there would be a story or at least a bridge to gap the events between each game. Or, at least I heard it was supposed to be it's own story. I don't think this will be the game changer that will be released on the Vita. Perhaps a Battlefield would help the system? 1943 perhaps? ;)

Hmm...... a hand-held Battlefield....I don't know if that has been done before. I would like to see that and a Medal of Honor game on the Vita!!!

If that is the case I'll be really disappointed and will wait for a price drop before I make a purchase.

Games like Camp or Die unfortunately never have real drastic price drops like other games do. Black Ops is 2 years old and is still $37 used. It should at least be $15.

I enjoyed Unit 13 but I think the experience would have been much better if we had an actual story instead of just completely unrelated missions the whole game. Resistance: Burning Skies did it, so it can't be that hard to include am actual campaign in a Vita shooter. Maybe there is a campaign in this one (I sure hope there is) but I've read conflicting stories so I guess we'll see when the game releases.

Games like Camp or Die unfortunately never have real drastic price drops like other games do. Black Ops is 2 years old and is still $37 used. It should at least be $15.

True, but that is for the console versions which will sell a whole hell of a lot better than the Vita version. Unless this is the game that makes people go out and but a Vita (I doubt it) I have a feeling the price will be dropped soon after the holidays.

Parker

While that may be so, Black Ops is arguably the best COD ever! It is not suprising the price has not dropped much at all.

While that may be so, Black Ops is arguably the best COD ever! It is not suprising the price has not dropped much at all.

WAW was better. Nothing like being a Nazi with an MG42 and creeping up behind a Russian and seeing him literally explode as you shoot him up. Hand and feet flying everywhere. I don't know why COD got rid of the gore. Leaving a bouncing betty at the top of a ladder and see some dumbass get his ribcage blown open ^_^. After WAW I moved on to Battlefield. Black Ops isn't as bad as everyone says it is. Everyone hates Black Ops and praises MW3.... I feel like it should be the other way around. MW3 was beyond garbage.

Edited by Electoral College

WAW was better. Nothing like being a Nazi with an MG42 and creeping up behind a Russian and seeing him literally explode as you shoot him up. Hand and feet flying everywhere. I don't know why COD got rid of the gore. Leaving a bouncing betty at the top of a ladder and see some dumbass get his ribcage blown open ^_^. After WAW I moved on to Battlefield. Black Ops isn't as bad as everyone says it is. Everyone hates Black Ops and praises MW3.... I feel like it should be the other way around. MW3 was beyond garbage.

You know what, W@W in my mind is better than any MW game, and I love all the games in the MW trilogy!!! W@W is probably tied as being my favorite COD. I totally agree, they should have kept the gore. I don't want to hear the BS that they can do it in the campaign, but not in the MP. Give me a break, it made everything feel SOOO much more realistic! :D

Strange, I may not agree as I think both are fantastic games, but I hear the exact same opposite. I hear nothing but crap from everybody about MW3, and nothing but positive about BLOPS. :hmm:

Strange, I may not agree as I think both are fantastic games, but I hear the exact same opposite. I hear nothing but crap from everybody about MW3, and nothing but positive about BLOPS. :hmm:

Probably because MW3 is hardly different from the previous ones in terms of graphics and all around design. Some are even saying that MW3 was a step back from Black Ops and I can agree since Black Ops multiplayer felt balanced and the maps varied whereas MW3's felt too crowded and all around broken. One thing I am really thankful that Black Ops did was they did not cater to the 5uP3r1337 and did not put in the awful quickscoping mechanic for snipers so that way you actually have to snipe when using one.

On that note, the guns do what they are supposed to do e.g. shotguns are used for close quarters, and rifles are used for low-to-medium range whereas in MW3 people just need lightweight pro and dual shotguns and the kill count raises itself. Now that is not to say Black Ops is perfect, but in comparison to MW2 and MW3 I would play Black Ops any day of the week.

Edited by omegarevan

Hmm...... a hand-held Battlefield....I don't know if that has been done before. I would like to see that and a Medal of Honor game on the Vita!!!

If it's Battlefield, then it has to be a MP only title (and hopefully it's 1943, I love that game!!! :D). Whereas Medal of Honor should, in my opinion, be a classic World War II shooter and perhaps it could span to the modern day era? It could possibly be one story spanning that long or just a series of "campaigns" of each war as an everyday soldier in pure madness.