Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ayeitsmikko

PS4 Trophies Re-unlocking?

9 posts in this topic

I recently switched Hard Drives from another PS4 that I bought (that had a 1TB Hard Drive) only because I wanted the Destiny PS4 (With the Gold Decals).  I sold my old PS4 (Regular Destiny White 2TB) to my friend, but I switched the Hard Drives so I keep the 2TB with the Gold Destiny PS4 and he gets my Old White Destiny PS4 with 1TB.

I had to reinstall the firmware on both as disconnecting the Hard drive will cause errors while turning on.

After setting up my new PS4, I recovered my account and downloaded all the games again back into the console. After playing a few games, I noticed trophies that I already unlocked before are unlocking again. The time and date stamp on the trophy does not change from the original unlock date, but it does add a screenshot on when I got the trophy.

Does anyone, who did a similar hard drive switch, know if this is a unique bug?

I'm just curious to see if I might be the only one experiencing this.

Your trophies were not synced to your machine, the system never knew you had them and thus unlocked them for the 'first time'.

Your trophies were not synced to your machine, the system never knew you had them and thus unlocked them for the 'first time'.

Well then, I guess the only benefit about that is if I REALLY want to get the screenshots along with the trophies. Haha Thanks though!

Well then, I guess the only benefit about that is if I REALLY want to get the screenshots along with the trophies. Haha Thanks though!

Just making sure you got it:

• it's not a bug
  • people use that (account wiping) for fastest achievers (injustice comes to mind)
  • you can get multiple screenshots of same trophies this way
  • some trophies look shit when autopopped (destiny autopops everyone when you log in, loads of orbit pictures, looks like shit)
  • it's easily preventable by syncing your trophies before playing anything
Edited by TheYuriG

• people use that (account wiping) for fastest achievers (injustice comes to mind)

I wonder if they'll be flagged when sly allows ps4 and vita games to be reported. Doing that on the ps3 would get a flag without question, so I'd hope that the people who do it on ps4/vita are treated the same way.

Edited by kuuhaku

I wonder if they'll be flagged when sly allows ps4 and vita games to be reported. Doing that on the ps3 would get a flag without question, so I'd hope that the people who do it on ps4/vita are treated the same way.

Highly doubt it. When you do that with a ps3 game, you can't prove you did it with your savefile or someone else's. On PS4 there is no way to do that with a savefile other than your own's, so all your trophies are legit even if the time between one and the other aren't actually what took you to achieve them. Times are still illegitimate per se, but wouldn't be possible to consider them cheaters.

Highly doubt it. When you do that with a ps3 game, you can't prove you did it with your savefile or someone else's. On PS4 there is no way to do that with a savefile other than your own's, so all your trophies are legit even if the time between one and the other aren't actually what took you to achieve them. Times are still illegitimate per se, but wouldn't be possible to consider them cheaters.

PS4 and Vita have been hacked (or jailbroken or whatever people want to call it.) With the CFW on the Vita it's possible to edit save files and the info on how to do it is publicly available. As for the PS4, it's only a matter of time until they figure out how to do it (or if they've already figured it out, until they make it public.) When that happens, I would hope PS4 games are treated the same way PS3 games currently are.

Edited by kuuhaku

PS4 and Vita have been hacked (or jailbroken or whatever people want to call it.) With the CFW on the Vita it's possible to edit save files and the info on how to do it is publicly available. As for the PS4, it's only a matter of time until they figure out how to do it (or if they've already figured it out, until they make it public.) When that happens, I would hope PS4 games are treated the same way PS3 games currently are.

I didn't mention the vita side because I know about its sad destiny, but never heard about PS4 hacks. Has it been done already? What a shame...

But yeah, hope it gets treated the same way PS3 too. Talking about the vita, can vita lists be reported like ps3 lists yet? Last time I checked that hacker guy, couldn't report his lists and never bothered to try again after.

I didn't mention the vita side because I know about its sad destiny, but never heard about PS4 hacks. Has it been done already? What a shame...

But yeah, hope it gets treated the same way PS3 too. Talking about the vita, can vita lists be reported like ps3 lists yet? Last time I checked that hacker guy, couldn't report his lists and never bothered to try again after.

We still can't report vita games yet. It'll probably be in the next site update.

Yeah they haven't made their tools public yet, but they've shown off what they can do so far. I'm not sure if I can link it, but search google for "ps4 plays pokemon" and you'll probably find more info.