So apparently PSN ID change could come in the future...

Maxie_M0us3

Looks like a lot of overthinking about something that will be done on the serverside of Sony, not sure how engines have anything to do with that, they just pull a $name from servers and that's it. If it was a multiplayer game having the ID being tracked, that would have been one thing though.

EMGNow also reported this, going further by stating that it seems like this set up would allow a permanent ID (presumably the one originally created, in my case BIOHAZARD-R-US) and the changeable ID, which is what will show to other players online.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/a-long-requested-psn-feature-might-be-coming-soon/

EMGNow also reported this, going further by stating that it seems like this set up would allow a permanent ID (presumably the one originally created, in my case BIOHAZARD-R-US) and the changeable ID, which is what will show to other players online.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/a-long-requested-psn-feature-might-be-coming-soon/

Something like Steam. I wonder how it'll work on sites like this. Also they talk about PS4 but things like that are supposed to happen on PC and mobile in the site and the app, too.

This actually looks pretty promising for once! If this does mean name changes then I'd say it would still take at least a few months to work out a system for people who want to change their name but it would be good news anyway. And just in time for PSX too.  :P  I know that making a big deal out of this would be crazy but this is exactly what I would want.

Goddam, this better mean that name changes are coming!

Calling bullshit until it comes out of Sony's mouth .. This has been rumored about for like 3 or 4 years, can't be assed to waste energy hoping when I doubt it will happen. Also .. the reason we can't change our PSNs currently is cos they fucked engineering the software in the creation stage and put stuff in the wrong fields. I'm not an engineer, but just because patch notes make it seem changeable, it might be a case of they fucked up too hard and it still can't be changed because the field the names are in can't be changed.

There is update 4.06 already out for PS4... But as usual, it is to "improve the quality of the system performance."

No PSN ID change to be seen.

The next big update is when we might see this introduced, like 4.50 for example.

Last year some people were given questionaires by SONY asking what we would like to see introduced, i was lucky enough to receive one of those questionaires and one of those options contained within it was regarding PSN ID changes.

The next big update is when we might see this introduced, like 4.50 for example.

Last year some people were given questionaires by SONY asking what we would like to see introduced, i was lucky enough to receive one of those questionaires and one of those options contained within it was regarding PSN ID changes.

I remember this one. Like almost everything in this survey have been made. We can hope it someday.

I think PSN ID changes are coming, i really do.

The next thing this leaves is what people might choose their new name to become... i would advise against making this public for obvious reasons :)

But do plan in advance, i mean why not... it's all fun, and for those people who really want this to happen i hope you get your wish.

I think PSN ID changes are coming, i really do.

The next thing this leaves is what people might choose their new name to become... i would advise against making this public for obvious reasons :)

But do plan in advance, i mean why not... it's all fun, and for those people who really want this to happen i hope you get your wish.

I already have my new name in mind for so long. Of course I won't tell it in case if somebody would steal it from me.

• Like 2

I don't think we'll be able to change usernames anytime soon  it's looking like Sony are in no rush to implement this, and it's all rumours until Sony verifies this anyway, so I'd take anything claiming to be an announcement about this (unless it's from Sony themselves) with a pinch of salt. It's not the first time this rumour has appeared too, which makes me all the more skeptical about the legitimacy of it.

Edited by Lady Blanc