So apparently PSN ID change could come in the future...

Maxie_M0us3

Hoping there's a possible chance that people who have a ps3 can change id names as well.

Hopefully all you'll need is either a PS4 or PC/Mobile: the problem is, is they're going to change the way the login works, and aren't releasing firmware updates for PS3 with new features, what's going to happen?

ps: and yes, they're actually still releasing new updates on PS3 to this day, but it's just for "stability and performance", which means they fixed piracy-related "exploits" and that's it.

Edited by Lance_87

I was thinking... Do you guys think that Sony might announce somehow (via conference or via PS Blog) the PSN ID change feature during PlayStation Experience 2016? I'm not saying I have high expectations about this feature to come this convention but... I feel that could be the right moment to announce it.

Let's have no expectations for PSX 2016!

I was thinking... Do you guys think that Sony might announce somehow (via conference or via PS Blog) the PSN ID change feature during PlayStation Experience 2016? I'm not saying I have high expectations about this feature to come this convention but... I feel that could be the right moment to announce it.

It's more than likely that they will talk 90% of the time of LAst guardian finally coming out in a few weeks after years than this....

This feature is one of the most asked in years and as we knows sony is 5-6 years? Since Beginning of Ps3 years that sony doesn't cares anymore about customers and what they really ask so more likely this will resta  rumor as many other times....

I know a lot of people have been excited for this for a long time, but I'll never use it.

I just don't want it to get out of hand. I'd be OK if they gave existing users 1 free change and then slapped a $50 price tag on additional changes.

I would also really like the option to list my friends by their permanent id. I don't want to bother with figuring out who the hell you are every time you decide that this new name is "cooler".

• Like 2

Hopefully all you'll need is either a PS4 or PC/Mobile: the problem is, is they're going to change the way the login works, and aren't releasing firmware updates for PS3 with new features, what's going to happen?

ps: and yes, they're actually still releasing new updates on PS3 to this day, but it's just for "stability and performance", which means they fixed piracy-related "exploits" and that's it.

Well yeah you could use those but still Sony needs to include of changing psn I'd names since that's part of the psn where in things like this I just think it doesn't make sense or any fairness not to include ps3 of allowing to change their usernames for those who don't have those at all. Make sense to include only that

It's more than likely that they will talk 90% of the time of LAst guardian finally coming out in a few weeks after years than this....

Nope, PS4KExperience will be about newest 4K and HDR additions to PS4 Pro.

• 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Rehab is for quitters :)

Mama raised no quitter, you got a drink? 

To stay on topic, I think this'd be great for people who want this, if Sony were to allow or do it, would've been good for the 1000 accounts I made just so I could change my name because was never satisfied xD

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

I am amazed this is still a thing. It's just a name and l don't see any of yours is xXxPussySlayerxXx or something like that. Grow the hell up and stop being so obsessive already.

So because someone want a psn name change they need to grow the hell up? Nice logic.

• Like 3