So apparently PSN ID change could come in the future...

Maxie_M0us3

These news made my hopes grow, but then another major system update was released for PS4 and nothing happened regarding name changes, so I don't know what to think anymore. Probably, it's never coming. ☹️

17 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

I find it quite ironic that you told me to deal with it when you guys are literally being the Grand Central Station of complaining.
Yeah, l am the one who needs to deal with it.

So your solution is to complain about people complaining? 

Edited by ryankamal1998
Double post
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

I find it quite ironic that you told me to deal with it when you guys are literally being the Grand Central Station of complaining.
Yeah, l am the one who needs to deal with it.

Oh, do I look like screaming all days long about my nickname? :awesome: Do I look like a whiner in every discussion possible? I don't think so. xD

14 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Couldn't come with a better answer. xD

Edited by Maxie the Mouse
  • Like 1

This would be a problem to be honest. Changing your name every now and then will cause confusion. 

*Wake up in the morning and goes checks out the Friends List on PSN*

- "Who are these guys, how and when did I add them?!"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ryankamal1998 said:

No, my solution is deal with it instead of creating sextrillion different topics about it and keep reviving it. In order to make my point, l had to say enough, y'now because enough is enough. This is getting really tiring. It's your fault for choosing dumb shit in the first place.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ee28max said:

This would be a problem to be honest. Changing your name every now and then will cause confusion. 

While I agree, JP actually got display names they can change, which is in addition to the PSN username.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5716-剣が君-百夜綴り/See-Saw

^ See, the username is See-Saw, but this is the display name: "中原麻衣 (See-Saw)"

• Like 1

The entertainment of people hoping someone will allow them to erase a decision they later regret is endless. I don't mind if Sony never allows people to change their Usernames.

In fact, I'd love it if Sony made a really bold disclaimer at Sign up that says "Are you really sure you want this user name FOREVER? Are you sure you'll never regret this name?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MilanYildirim said:

No, my solution is deal with it instead of creating sextrillion different topics about it and keep reviving it. In order to make my point, l had to say enough, y'now because enough is enough. This is getting really tiring. It's your fault for choosing dumb shit in the first place.

To be fair, a lot of people create their accounts when they're not mature enough to come up with names that they won't regret later.

I'm happy with my username, but I can understand why some people want to genuinely change it, even if it means it can only be done once a year or whatever.

• Like 4

I would love to change my name to my alt PSN account's name, Laurbeary, but being called Duck for 13 - 14 years really grows on you lol. I just wish PSN would implement a feature to give nicknames to friends(nickname only appears for you..and no I'm not referring to Real-name sharing) and/or sort friends in groups.. Having 400+ friends and a horrible memory, I tend to forget a lot of them lol. Having name changes be a thing would drive me insane.

it's incredible how some people can get pissed off just because others want to change their PSN ID. LOL 

People must have the right to do it if they don't like their current names. And the option wouldn't be affecting to anyone.

If you are happy with your current name, well, then a feature like this wouldn't must mind you in the first place because you wouldn't be interested at all. And, until now, I have not seen some kind of whining, it's only people commenting about being happy if it would be possible changing their names.

(and sometimes, the reason because someone change their name isn't because it's a lame one or a horrible one like XxTentacleHentaiXX, sometimes, you just got bored of the name and you can feel like it's time for a change, it's just something named individuality.)

Edited by Kirijo Mitsuru
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, StewartBros said:

No, they mustn't.  Why do people keep saying we're entitled to this, that and the other?  We're not.  End of.

You must have valid reasons to disagree. I really don't care if people change or not their names, But oh well, I never said this statement would be for everyone. The point is, why some people just bother about if others change their names or not, and I don't find that if such option is available then it's something wrong. Any PSN member must have the option to do whatever they want with their accounts. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jaehyun1009 said:

To be fair, a lot of people create their accounts when they're not mature enough to come up with names that they won't regret later.

I'm happy with my username, but I can understand why some people want to genuinely change it, even if it means it can only be done once a year or whatever.

I agree that there should be a possibility, even if it's hard to do, or limited (once per year or whatever). While I think it's a good thing to have just generally, jaehyun reminds me that 10 years ago my first account name was chosen without much care or thought, though it did mean something and wasn't just gibberish. I didn't think that 10 years later I would still be involved in gaming and that my name would have lasting consequences.

If Sony doesn't allow an option to check what said user's last username was, then a PSN ID change is probably going to cause a lot of confusion and frustration.

I don't want people to think they don't know who this person is if there's no option to look a popup showing who this person's last username was. Happened to me on a MMORPG I used to play quite extensively. Lost of a lot of friends I made over the years because I changed my name one too many times.

Edited by Spaz

2 hours ago, Kirijo Mitsuru said:

Any PSN member must have the option to do whatever they want with their accounts. 

They're not our accounts.  They belong to Sony, not to us.  Ergo, we cannot do whatever we want.  I'm not looking to argue with you, I'm simply stating that we are not entitled to change our accounts as we wish - as you say we are - because we DO NOT own our accounts.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

They're not our accounts.  They belong to Sony, not to us.  Ergo, we cannot do whatever we want.  I'm not looking to argue with you, I'm simply stating that we are not entitled to change our accounts as we wish - as you say we are - because we DO NOT own our accounts.

I'm not arguing, but, even if the accounts are belonging to Sony, the point is that I don't understand why some people can get pissed off because other members of PSN would like to have the option to change their names. I mean, if they change it or not, it is not affecting in a negative way to others. Sorry if my explanation wasn't clear and created misunderstandings. And it really doesn't cause a big problem to Sony at all. Of course, Sony can decide what to do and what don't. 

Edited by Kirijo Mitsuru

2 hours ago, MilanYildirim said:

I can also understand why they want to change but they lose me when they create countless topics and bitch about it constantly. 

This has been one of the most requested features on the PSN yet Sony has said very little about this if at all. It's no surprise there's unrest over this topic, although to be fair I'm probably not the best person to judge this situation since I want this feature to come as well even though I personally don't want to change my username... yet.

11 hours ago, StewartBros said:

what are you chatting? ofcourse the accounts are ours,

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Velaxity said:

what are you chatting? ofcourse the accounts are ours,

You need to read the EULA if you believe that. You do not own the account. This is true for almost every type of subscription service.

You may be granted a certain amount of control and autonomy, but ultimately Sony owns the account. They control what you can do with the account, how you use it and at the end of the day, they can shut your account down.

Now, you are afforded certain rights, from a legal perspective, especially pertaining to privacy and protection of personal information, but you only 'own' the account to the extend that Sony specifies in the EULA and as is required by law.

Accordingly, you are absolutely NOT entitled to do what you want with the account.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, diskdocx said:

You need to read the EULA if you believe that. You do not own the account. This is true for almost every type of subscription service.

You may be granted a certain amount of control and autonomy, but ultimately Sony owns the account. They control what you can do with the account, how you use it and at the end of the day, they can shut your account down.

Now, you are afforded certain rights, from a legal perspective, especially pertaining to privacy and protection of personal information, but you only 'own' the account to the extend that Sony specifies in the EULA and as is required by law.

Accordingly, you are absolutely NOT entitled to do what you want with the account.

That's why I don't like buying digital games. Their normally not cheaper than physical annd they don't even belong to us.

On 12/05/2017 at 1:17 PM, ee28max said:

This. It's already a problem on here when people decided to change their username every damn month, I don't know who anybody is anymore.

• Like 1

This would be the #1 update sony could bring, unless it's a giant effort due to how they set up psn years ago, it'd make them a bunch of cash. A lot of people don't change their PSN names since they like the trophy history.

This would be the #1 update sony could bring, unless it's a giant effort due to how they set up psn years ago, it'd make them a bunch of cash. A lot of people don't change their PSN names since they like the trophy history.

On 12/05/2017 at 11:38 PM, StewartBros said:

It literally doesn't have anything to do with a name change option.

Edited by Joe56780

There's actually quite an easy solution for someone changing their name and you not knowing who they are. Just have it so you can check their name history, much like how it's done on here and on Steam. It could create an activity on the 'What's New' section as well. Sure, it's still annoying if someone is doing this constantly, but this could be discouraged by charging for it with a 6 month cooldown in-between name changes or something.

The people who are against this strike me as kind of selfish. Just because you're happy with your name doesn't mean it shouldn't be an option for others. There's no good reason not to allow this, it's just a matter of Sony figuring out a way to do it. The PSN has been around for over 10 years now. I find it a little ridiculous that it has taken this long tbh.

• Like 2