So apparently PSN ID change could come in the future...

Maxie_M0us3

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

That is the dumbest thing I've read in a long while here.

You don't own your account. This is clearly stated when you sign up.

Your opinion of course. Actually, they are our accounts, you are the user playing/buying/purchasing/using it. 

Or is it Sony the one getting games and playing games for you?

20 minutes ago, Kirijo Mitsuru said:

Your opinion of course. Actually, they are our accounts, you are the user playing/buying/purchasing/using it. 

Or is it Sony the one getting games and playing games for you?

It's not an opinion. It's the law. You don't own your account. Sony can withdraw it from you at any time, for any reason. You don't own your (digital) games, either, but let's not go down that rabbit hole.

4 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's not an opinion. It's the law. You don't own your account. Sony can withdraw it from you at any time, for any reason. You don't own your (digital) games, either, but let's not go down that rabbit hole.

Of course they are regulations about having an account, Sony must be preventing that some users abuse of having a PS account.

But, yeah, even they have the power to regulate your account, still, it's your account and I am not saying that you can sue them for withdrawing your account, but, still, the account is yours and you are a Sony customer. In any case, even if the account is yours or not, I don't find anything wrong about having the option to change your PSN ID if you want. Just like it's not an obligation for Sony giving us such option.

i think maybe we should stick to the topic here and not argue about who owns accounts :D

as long as i can play games on it and use it whenever i like it doesn't matter :D

Back to the ability to change PSN Names the last i heard any rumor of this was late last year in a post:

The patch notes for a recent update to Unreal Engine 4 make mention of PlayStation 4 SDK version 4.008.061, the updated software development kit the engine now supports.

As spotted by NeoGAF user Kirbasin, the page then goes on to say that Sony has updated its developer recommendations to allow users to be identified by their account ID, as opposed to their Online ID.

Other functions in the update also make reference to switching from the previous method of returning the online ID, to the new system that uses the account ID.

This could very mean Sony is planning to implement a name change feature of some sort, though it’s possible the update is referring to something else.

Quote from:- vg247.com

Would be awesome is this was added though!

49 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Then why are you doing it to yourself again and again? :lol:

The same reason people drink alcohol or smoke crack, it passes the time and is amusing. Even if you eventually have to deal with that hangover/withdrawal.

I took a day to figure out what my user ID was going to be. One of the best invested days of my gaming life.

My condolences to those who hate their PSN IDs. You do have options though.

1. Deal with it

2. Make a new profile

Look at how old this thread is. If you are waiting on a change you are beating yourself up needlessly.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

@Property_Damage You mean me or all whining dudes? xD I dealt with my ID but if this feature comes, I'll change it without hesitation. :)

Just the ones complaining in general, I'm not calling You out or anyone else for that matter specifically, I get that people want to change their names, personally it wouldn't matter to me since I took the time to craft a clever ID but to each their own, I've seen people with 20+ platinums make new ID's when ps4 launched, I thought that was silly, they spent a lot of time earning those trophies, just to abandon their account cuz of a new console, I have so many friends with stupid screen names it's not even funny, do I care what someone's ID is? No, but if it makes you happy, then go for it, odds are if they do add a name change feature, it'll probably cost like $19.99, maybe less, maybe more..is it still worth it to you then?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

it'll probably cost like $19.99, maybe less, maybe more..is it still worth it to you then?

M$ charges people for changing their Xbox Gamertag (username), though not 20 but 10 bucks, IIRC. It still will be better to have such possibility to change PSN ID and not necessarily use it than don’t have at all, like it is now, don’t you agree?

2 hours ago, Se7en said:

M$ charges people for changing their Xbox Gamertag (username), though not 20 but 10 bucks, IIRC. It still will be better to have such possibility to change PSN ID and not necessarily use it than don’t have at all, like it is now, don’t you agree?

I'm on the side of the fence where it wouldn't apply for me, I don't need it, don't want it and wouldn't use it if it was an option, I'm happy with my screen name but if it comes and you and others would use it, then go for it, idc

On ١٢‏/٥‏/٢٠١٧ at 3:17 PM, ee28max said:

This would be a problem to be honest. Changing your name every now and then will cause confusion. 

*Wake up in the morning and goes checks out the Friends List on PSN*

- "Who are these guys, how and when did I add them?!"

lol! exactly.

• Like 1

Totally in favor of implementing this option on PSN, but I've always wondered why people kept playing for so long with a nickname they did not like in the first place knowing it wasn't possible to change. :unsure:

6 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Totally in favor of implementing this option on PSN, but I've always wondered why people kept playing for so long with a nickname they did not like in the first place knowing it wasn't possible to change. :unsure:

For two reasons in my part 

A) It has half of the nickname I want (fuck the 234)

B ) I was like 14 at the time and I didn't think I'd use PSN as much as I do now, and didn't want to redo my plats 

• Like 1

Rather than getting a name change, we should get the option to delete games that we already have trophies on. Example: you don't want NBA 2K14, and you have a trophy on it? By all means delete it, and just renove any trophies that you have earned from your total count, and calculate your trophy level accordingly.

19 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Rather than getting a name change, we should get the option to delete games that we already have trophies on. Example: you don't want NBA 2K14, and you have a trophy on it? By all means delete it, and just renove any trophies that you have earned from your total count, and calculate your trophy level accordingly.

The ability to delete and re-earn trophies would be amazing. Shame it'll most likely never happen

• Like 1