How many VR games have you bought ?

AffectatiousDonk

I was listening to Beyond (IGN) podcast today and they mentioned how even though there is a small base of VR players the amount of games they are buying is quite high ( similar Eco system to Vita ). I was wondering among the more hardcore gamers (obviously this site) whether there was truth to this. So how many games have you bought.

Disclaimer : At present I have bought almost everything ( 18 titles ) but have avoided a couple due to fears of motion sickness and also price vs potential value ( Rigs and Battlezone )

Edited by cjshaitan

I have to write them out because I don't even know how many.

PlayStation VR Worlds (came bundled)

RIGS

Battlezone

Batman Arkham VR

Eagle Flight

Job Simulator

Wayward Sky

PlayStation VR Worlds

Ace Banana

Carnival Games VR

Tethered

Harmonix VR

Sports Bar VR

Thumper

Tumble VR

15 100% VR games

I wouldn't count Loading Human cause I purchased it, played it and returned it the next day.. lmao.

If you want to include the games that have VR capability (to my knowledge at least)

Star Wars Battlefront

Catlateral Damage

17 if including the games that have a VR mode.

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

I have to write them out because I don't even know how many.

PlayStation VR Worlds (came bundled)

RIGS

Battlezone

Batman Arkham VR

Eagle Flight

Job Simulator

Wayward Sky

PlayStation VR Worlds

Ace Banana

Carnival Games VR

Tethered

Harmonix VR

Sports Bar VR

13 100% VR games

I wouldn't count Loading Human cause I purchased it, played it and returned it the next day.. lmao.

If you want to include the games that have VR capability (to my knowledge at least)

Star Wars Battlefront

Catlateral Damage

15 if including the games that have a VR mode.

Sounds like we are similar, I have heard Loading Humans is not great, if you are enjoying VR would recommend Tethered and The Assembly Edited by cjshaitan

Sounds like we are similar, I have heard Loading Humans is not great, if you are enjoying VR would recommend Tethered and The Assembly

Yep I have Tethered and I love it. It's such a cute game. What's The Assembly about? (also thank you Angel, you reminded me that I own Thumper as well.. so make that 14 & 16) And yeah I don't recommend getting Loading Human.. It's a waste of money.

edit: I do have Tumblr VR as well.. lmao..

Edited by DuckSwimmer

VR Worlds
Hatsune Miku
Thumper
Harmonix
Until Dawn Rush of Blood
Tumble VR
Assembly

As well as a bunch of VR capable games like Tomb Raider, Catlateral, Infinite Warfare, etc.

Picking up Robinson the Journey shortly as well.

Sad to hear people are not liking Loading Human; that was next on my list.

• Like 1

VR Worlds

Hatsune Miku

Thumper

Harmonix

Until Dawn Rush of Blood

Tumble VR

Assembly

As well as a bunch of VR capable games like Tomb Raider, Catlateral, Infinite Warfare, etc.

Picking up Robinson the Journey shortly as well.

Sad to hear people are not liking Loading Human; that was next on my list.

Save yourself from the choppy quality that'll most likely make you nauseous and don't get it.. If they somehow update that and there's a price drop on it.. Then I would say it's up to you.. but for playing such an unfinished game and especially since it's 40 bucks.. Save yourself the money and get Robinson instead. I'm picking that up today because I'm reallyy curious about that game.

Edit: Eagle Flight is another good option too (o:

Edited by DuckSwimmer

Save yourself from the choppy quality that'll most likely make you nauseous and don't get it.. If they somehow update that and there's a price drop on it.. Then I would say it's up to you.. but for playing such an unfinished game and especially since it's 40 bucks.. Save yourself the money and get Robinson instead. I'm picking that up today because I'm reallyy curious about that game.

Edit: Eagle Flight is another good option too (o:

I've been eyeing Eagle Flight. I'll probably end up picking it up once it goes on sale, even if just by a small amount. Would you say it's "big" enough to warrant it's current price?

I've been eyeing Eagle Flight. I'll probably end up picking it up once it goes on sale, even if just by a small amount. Would you say it's "big" enough to warrant it's current price?

It's extremely fun!! It's fast pace, the movement is absolutely fantastic. Smooth movement, no choppy BS that you're getting in a lot of VR games. I pre-ordered it on Amazon so I didn't pay the full $40. But imo this is one of the only VR games that's worth every cent.

• Like 1

It's extremely fun!! It's fast pace, the movement is absolutely fantastic. Smooth movement, no choppy BS that you're getting in a lot of VR games. I pre-ordered it on Amazon so I didn't pay the full $40. But imo this is one of the only VR games that's worth every cent.

Oh wow. I'll definitely grab it at that rate! Sounds great. Thanks! :)

Since it is technically my roommate's VR headset and not mine, I only bought 1-2:

Summer Lesson

Thumper (not technically a VR game)

My roommate owns:

VR Worlds

Batman

Rez Infinite

Catlateral Damage (also not technically a VR game)

It doesn't help that there is a Vive lying around my place and probably at least 50 VR games on that.

• 8 months later...

Ack why must my wallet be murdered, I was fine to say "meh" about PS VR but the I saw Summer Lesson.  Unless it's playable w/o the VR kit, which I can already assume the answer ? then it's buy in or miss out.  Perhaps when there are discounts near the holiday seasons, but then I should upgrade to PS4P too ?. Sorry not trying to throw a pity party just overwhelmed atm.

Rigs

Farpoint

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

Psychonauts Rhombus of Ruin

Haven't been able to get too into Farpoint, but the other games have been very enjoyable. I liked Rigs way more than I expected as I was initially kind of on the fence about it because it really didn't seem like my kind of game. Keep Talking was also a very pleasant surprise, but you need someone to play with (locally, no second head set needed) if you want to 100%.

Psychonauts was a little disappointing for the price--too short and straightforward. But on the other hand... Psychonauts.

Edited by RNumbers

VR Game that I own :-

PlayStation VR Worlds
Tumble VR
Batman Arkham VR
The Assembly
Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood
Thumper
Volume
Star Wars Battlefront: X-Wing VR Mission (free)
The Playroom VR (free)

VR Games that I want to get :-

Resident Evil 7
Statik
Robinson: The Journey
Rez Infinite
Superhot VR
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
SuperHyperCube
Star Trek : Bridge Crew
Psychonauts Rhombus of Ruin
I Expect You To Die
Farpoint
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
Moss
Obduction
The Inpatient
P.O.L.L.E.N.

I'm hoping to see one or two VR games come out on PS Plus at some point. A game that is VR compatible, but also playable without VR

• 1 month later...

Psychonauts: Rhombus of Ruin

Robinson: The Journey
Batman Arkham VR

PlayStation VR Worlds

DriveClub VR

Farpoint (Aim Bundle)

Voltron VR (Preordered it)

I want to get Tumble VR and Tethered. I also got  some of those free experience things. Curious about EVE: Valkyrie and RIGS. And need to look up what Star Trek actually is.

• 2 months later...

VR Games I own:

Playstation VR Worlds

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Loading Human CH.1

Batman Arkham VR

Resident Evil 7

Job Simulator

FarPoint

Waddle Home

Catlateral Damage

Until Dawn, Batman, Job Simulator, and Resident Evil are all awesome. Honestly, I wasn't thrilled with the Farpoint experience. I find the game isolating and is just not my cup of tea - but I love watching my friends play it!! Loading Human is worth passing on for sure. The arm/hand embodiment is quite clunky and acts as a presence breaker. 

I'm hoping to pick up a Pro soon. Anyone use VR with their pro? Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought, last year:

EVE: Gunjack

Rise Of The Tomb Raider

VEV: Viva Ex Vivo

Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes

Bound

After a week or so, I noticed a production error in the headset and returned it, and the replacement set had the same flaw. Decided to wait until the production schedule wasn't so rushed. Saw a great Black Friday sale, and here I am again.

Already bought Farpoint + AIM controller with it. Might Buy Batman: Arkham VR, depending a bit on what next month's PS+ games will be.