How many VR games have you bought ?

AffectatiousDonk

On 24/11/2017 at 0:07 PM, CjShai said:

Yes, it makes a massive difference. 

Can you explain how it's different on the Pro? I thought that box thingie we got with PSVR for in between the headset and the PS4 was to help the PS4 get to the Pro level. But I don't have a Pro (yet) so I don't knoe if the actual Pro is still better.

I dont believe the box does anything to increase the VR power/ability in relation to the Pro. The new VR ships with a box that allows 4K pass through a separate issue but no doubt a frustration for any other early adopters with a 4K TV.

In as far as the difference I don't know specific numbers I base it solely on my experience running it for a few months on a regular PS4 and then for the rest of the time on the Pro. In my opinion I wouldn't buy VR if you didn't have a Pro. The improvements in stability and smoothness for me are the difference between suffering motion sickness or not in various games. So for me personally worth it. 

Edited by CjShai

Well, I've been thinking about getting a Pro for a while (I don't have a 4K television but seeing as Pro also fixes framerates...) and having VR makes it even more appealing, just have to find the right price.

I already did VR on my regular PS4 and I thought it was pretty cool. I got motion sickness in a few movement based games but not in all of them. Figured it was just because my senses weren't used to getting contradicting information yet.

I may get a Pro in the end, it's just a question of when, I think. The costs shouldn't be too high since I already have a regular PS4.

• 3 weeks later...

only have about 3. i recently bought a VR and it seems to be the last of the bundle (they sold out pretty fast on day 1) despite the price drop. wasn't the updated model but i will take what i can enjoy with minimal spending of money.

planning on starting a VR game in a few weeks i'm not sure how long dynasty warriors 7 will take (not even close to getting a ETA of completion) till i fill in more trophy requirements. the game will be weeping doll.

Edited by kingdrake2

24 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

only have about 3. i recently bought a VR and it seems to be the last of the bundle (they sold out pretty fast on day 1) despite the price drop. wasn't the updated model but i will take what i can enjoy with minimal spending of money.

planning on starting a VR game in a few weeks i'm not sure how long dynasty warriors 7 will take (not even close to getting a ETA of completion) till i fill in more trophy requirements. the game will be weeping doll.

... There's an updated model?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/10/02/updated-playstation-vr-model-announced

Pfew, seems to be only updates I'm not bothered eith, except that integrated headphone, which would be cool. Still happy with my 60% off purchase, then.

2 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I've only got Skyrim VR (came with)

and Until Dawn Rush of Blood (PS+)

(I just got my VR a few days ago)

What do you guys recommend?

I played the first first two chapters of Farpoint and so far, I'm loving it.

If you have someone to play along, I'd recommend Playroom VR and Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes. And for Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes, I'd recommend for the non-VR player to have the manual printed out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2017 at 1:26 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I've only got Skyrim VR (came with)

and Until Dawn Rush of Blood (PS+)

(I just got my VR a few days ago)

What do you guys recommend?

Superhot is amazing. It's a must IMO. If you want an easy platinum with some good laughs, Job simulator is pretty good. I tried out the demo and died laughing making copies of my brain and chucking it at the robot.

On 12/22/2017 at 1:32 PM, Pickle Rick said:

I played the first first two chapters of Farpoint and so far, I'm loving it.

If you have someone to play along, I'd recommend Playroom VR and Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes. And for Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes, I'd recommend for the non-VR player to have the manual printed out.

Agreed on keep talking and Nobody explodes. It's a great game to play with your roommates, spouse, etc.

Right now I have:

Superhot (LOVING it)

Keep talking and Nobody explodes (intense, but very fun)

Rigs: Mechanical Combat (Not started)

PSVR Playroom (great free game, worth a play)

GT Sport (VR is just a small portion of the game)

Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality (haven't started)

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
More games

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Superhot is amazing. It's a must IMO. If you want an easy platinum with some good laughs, Job simulator is pretty good. I tried out the demo and died laughing making copies of my brain and chucking it at the robot.

Agreed on keep talking and Nobody explodes. It's a great game to play with your roommates, spouse, etc.

Right now I have:

Superhot (LOVING it)

Keep talking and Nobody explodes (intense, but very fun)

Rigs: Mechanical Combat (Not started)

GT6 (Not started, but heard VR is just a small portion of the game)

I've heard of Superhot and I was interested in it when I noticed it came to PS4. I think it's weird that they sell separate versions for VR and non-VR though, couldn't VR just have been a €5 DLC?

I've bought and completely played through Statik, which is a great little puzzle game. Too short for its full price but it's on a good sale right now. It makes great use of the dualshock controller - the game makes it seem like you have your hands stuck in a device, and all kinds of buttons inside that do stuff on the outside of the box, and each new puzzle has a new box, with you trying to figure out what the buttons can do.

After finishing StatikI decided I could allow myself to buy another VR game, which instead of Tethered or Time Machine VR (both on a sale) quickly became Accounting+ when someone made this game known to me. Haven't played it yet, will do so next weekend I think.

8 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

I've heard of Superhot and I was interested in it when I noticed it came to PS4. I think it's weird that they sell separate versions for VR and non-VR though, couldn't VR just have been a €5 DLC?

I've bought and completely played through Statik, which is a great little puzzle game. Too short for its full price but it's on a good sale right now. It makes great use of the dualshock controller - the game makes it seem like you have your hands stuck in a device, and all kinds of buttons inside that do stuff on the outside of the box, and each new puzzle has a new box, with you trying to figure out what the buttons can do.

After finishing StatikI decided I could allow myself to buy another VR game, which instead of Tethered or Time Machine VR (both on a sale) quickly became Accounting+ when someone made this game known to me. Haven't played it yet, will do so next weekend I think.

We'll, they are both the exact same game from what I understand. The difference is that regular Superhot just uses the ps move while Superhot VR actually uses the PS VR AND the move.

Definitely worth the price tag Imo. Story is kind of short (if you're good), but the challenges add hours as you pretty much have to be an expert at it to plat.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Vr Games

Superhot Vr (Not played)

Farpoint

Skyrim

Doom VFR

PSvr Worlds

The Playroom VR

Job simulator (great)

Accounting+ (terrible)

Drive Club VR

Battlezone

Until Dawn Rush of blood (Not Played)

Tumble Vr

Keep Talking and no body explodes (Fantastic game to play with Friends)

Eve Valkyrie (Can't play super pukie)

Eve Gunjack (Not Played)

Pixel Gear

O! My Genesis VR (Not Played)

Lethal VR

DYING:Reborn VR (Not Played)

Mortal Blitz

Rigs (Not Played)

StarBlood Arena (Not Played)

VR compatible games

Gran Tursimo Sport

Resident Evil 7

The Assmebly (Not Played)

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (not played the VR part)

Bound (Not Played)

Trackmania Turbo (not played the VR part)

Superstardust HD (not played VR Part)

Edited by Hanzoadam

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

We'll, they are both the exact same game from what I understand. The difference is that regular Superhot just uses the ps move while Superhot VR actually uses the PS VR AND the move.

Definitely worth the price tag Imo. Story is kind of short (if you're good), but the challenges add hours as you pretty much have to be an expert at it to plat.

... So I should probably just buy the VR version then. Thanks for the short review, I'm not a completionist so replay value is debatable; usually I play through the story of a game and then get on with the next game.

13 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

... So I should probably just buy the VR version then. Thanks for the short review, I'm not a completionist so replay value is debatable; usually I play through the story of a game and then get on with the next game.

Same. Doubt I will spend a lot of time on the challenges since I have plenty of games to still play. I've put in roughly 4 hours (not including one section that my cousin wanted to try... Took him 2 hours to beat but never played the game before that and was towards the end) and I am on the last section of the game. It's hard at times, but I like the fact that you have to plan your next move and improvise when things don't go as planned! xD

Since my last post, I played through Accounting+ and I greatly enjoyed it, though it is very much a love-it-or-hate-it experience.

I've bought:

The Lost Bear

Time Machine VR

Robinson: The Journey

I played through The Lost Bear and I enjoyed it, it's too short for the full price but it's 50% off now.

I'm currently enjoying Time Machine VR. Bit less challenge and more learning than your usual game which irritated critics, but I'm glad I saw through their bias.

Here's my list so far, will probably update it over time. NP= Not played.

Dying Reborn VR - Short and Easy, disappointed they didn't include the full game with Platinum.

PlayStation VR Worlds - Good as an intro to VR

Fated The Silent Oath - Pretty short and easy too. Practically a walkthrough story with average graphics.

Playroom VR - Only played a little so far

Soul Dimension - Also short, not terrible but hard to follow and not much to it. I think it's supposed to be episiodic or something though so will have to look out and see if they make more of it.

Hustle Kings - Didn't play for long, controls were practically impossible to use with the Move controller. Was expecting it to use a two-hand move approach like other games so that it would feel like you were standing there holding the cue but unfortunately not.

Arizona Sunshine - Played a little bit, controls were a little clunky and it was difficult to aim the gun to line up with the sights.

Batman Arkham VR - My favourite so far, not very long but the graphics are good and the game makes you feel like you actually are Batman.

Farpoint - Played for an hour so far, got bored due to the repetitive nature of the game and the bland landscape.

Job Simulator - Good game, fairly fun to play and easy.

EVE Gunjack - NP

O! My Genisis - I actually enjoyed this one for the most part, only annoying thing was having to spend a few hours doing repetitive things to get the 100% to pop.

The Brookhaven Experiment - Just a classic monster shooter, stand in one place and move 360 degrees to shoot or slice up incoming hordes of the undead.

RIGS - Not a fan, played the intro then went into an offline multi match and was absolutely destroyed, barely had a chance to walk or shoot properly (This one is probably a bit bias because I sucked)

Resident Evil 7 - Couldn't make it more than 10 minutes after entering the house.

Werewolves Within - NP

Skyrim VR - Will be playing during Feb, looking forward to it.

I Expect You To Die - Another fun little wacky game, play as a spy trying to escape situations. Only played first two levels so far.

Robinson The Journey - Was expecting more from this, haven't finished it yet but so far not impressed.

Surgeon Simulator - NP

Accounting Plus - Quick easy platinum, not that funny imo but not terrible.

GT Sport - Played for a few minutes but haven't really started it yet.

• Like 3

Until Dawn Rush Of Blood

FFXV Monster Of The Deep

The Impatient (preorder)

Batman Arkham VR

Bravo Team (preorder with Aim controller)

Robinson The Journey

Mortal Blitz

The Playroom VR

I'm not counting normal games compatible with the PS VR so that's all for now. I can't wait to have access to my PS4 so I can enjoy the VR. 

Edited by itachi-destroyer

i bought a few more from the sale  puts the total to 5.

planning on beginning another soon. until dawn rush of blood sounds good at some point (can even use the cloud save feature) to get the plat.

Edited by kingdrake2

• 2 months later...
On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 8:38 AM, CjShai said:

I was listening to Beyond (IGN) podcast today and they mentioned how even though there is a small base of VR players the amount of games they are buying is quite high ( similar Eco system to Vita ). I was wondering among the more hardcore gamers (obviously this site) whether there was truth to this. So how many games have you bought.

Disclaimer : At present I have bought almost everything ( 18 titles ) but have avoided a couple due to fears of motion sickness and also price vs potential value ( Rigs and Battlezone )

I have bought quite a few. Of course my 9 year old plays it more than i do but i ry to catch them on sale. So far hasnt been to bad. Some good ones and some lame ones

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I first got the PSVR I bought a few titles:

- Playstation VR Worlds

- The Playroom VR

- Resident Evil 7

- Batman Arkham VR

- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

- Here They Lie

- Thumper

- Harmonix Music VR

- I Expect You to Die

- SUPERHYPERCUBE

- Headmaster

- Werewolves Within

Throughout all the sales I picked up a bunch of other titles and yet never played them. I'm recently trying to get through and platinum or 100% my backlog of games and I was surprised how many VR titles I actually bought. 

- The Brookhaven Experiment

- Carnival Games

- Farpoint

- Rez Infinite

- Skyrim VR

- Paranormal Activity

- Don't Knock Twice

- Bloody Zombies

- Dying: Reborn

- The Inpatient

- Dead Hungry

- Accounting +

- Job Simulator

- Surgeon Simulator

- The American Dream

- Sneaky Bears

- The Lost Bear

- Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin

- GNOG

- Statik

- Floor Plan

- Fruit Ninja VR

- Doom VFR

- Theseus

- Robinson The Journey

- Dino Frontier

- Island Time

- The Invisible Hours

- Moss

- Crisis on the Planet of the Apes

So all together I bought 42 VR titles. There are also a couple that were free on PS+ (Bound, HyperVoid, Volume, RIGS). Others that I plan to buy if/when they are on sale: Superhot VR, Shooty Fruity, Drunken Bar Fight, Knockout League, Spring Vector, Eagle Flight, Solus, Monster of the Deep FFXV

• 4 weeks later...