Battlefield One vs Call of Duty IW vs Titanfall 2

linkdevivo

Hey guys.

Out of the 3 AAA fall shooters that have recently come out, a lot has been said. I've seen differing opinions on what game is better and which one they enjoyed more. I'm curious to see what the PSNP community thinks about this. I follow the Kinda Funny guys since Beyond 200 and they have a clear IW > BF1 > TF2 going on. how does the trophy hunting community rank them?

Link

I've only played IW and BF1 so far, but I prefer IW overall.

Story for BF1 was fairly forgettable overall, was really short and even though it was better than the last few BF campaigns it's still pretty average for a shooter. The 5 different stories was a cool idea that allowed for drastically different environments between the stories but seems fairly lazy overall since other than the couple flying levels the maps were just MP maps so it seems very lazy.  Online I liked but the issues it's had as far as stat tracking continually breaking kinda put me off it after I finished the plat. I'll still for sure go back to it for DLC trophies.

IW has probably the best campaign in any of the CoD games released on PS4. Doesn't start dragging at the tail end like some of the BO3 levels did, and there's no horrendous trophy grinding either. I'm alright with multiplayer but like it slightly less than BO3. You aren't required to spend that long in it for trophies if you don't want to (if Dominion doesn't bug for you, which it probably will). I love Zombies though, even getting dicked over by the EE boss 3 times I've put nearly 50 hours into since the game came out. IW did a really good job making the traditional mechanics their own and it's a really great map overall.  If you like previous Zombies you'll likely feel right at home in IW zombies and in which case it's worth it just for that along with the campaign if you don't care about the MP. 

Titanfall really would have done better if it were released at a different time. EA basically kicked it out to die sticking it right between CoD and BF, which people will buy off name recognition alone. Would have done better in a less busy time period instead of competing with the two biggest shooter series there currently is. I'll still play it but it came out at a really bad time. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

Heck Im only hearing to play BF1 or Titanfall 2 instead of IW. Honestly I am not interested in IW anymore since I tried the beta to play the multiplayer. I gotta say they did a really good job on the multiplayer menu layout. But playing the actual multiplayer itself it was horrendous. I didnt bother playing it again cuz I know im not gonna touch this game ever again. Including zombies cuz dang.. It doesnt convice me at all. I rather stick treyarch zombies. But the only thing I do like from IW is how good they did on the graphics and designs from the space levels and guns. The only problem is its Call of Duty.

• Like 1

I've only played IW and BF1 so far, but I prefer IW overall.

Story for BF1 was fairly forgettable overall, was really short and even though it was better than the last few BF campaigns it's still pretty average for a shooter. The 5 different stories was a cool idea that allowed for drastically different environments between the stories but seems fairly lazy overall since other than the couple flying levels the maps were just MP maps so it seems very lazy.  Online I liked but the issues it's had as far as stat tracking continually breaking kinda put me off it after I finished the plat. I'll still for sure go back to it for DLC trophies.

IW has probably the best campaign in any of the CoD games released on PS4. Doesn't start dragging at the tail end like some of the BO3 levels did, and there's no horrendous trophy grinding either. I'm alright with multiplayer but like it slightly less than BO3. You aren't required to spend that long in it for trophies if you don't want to (if Dominion doesn't bug for you, which it probably will). I love Zombies though, even getting dicked over by the EE boss 3 times I've put nearly 50 hours into since the game came out. IW did a really good job making the traditional mechanics their own and it's a really great map overall.  If you like previous Zombies you'll likely feel right at home in IW zombies and in which case it's worth it just for that along with the campaign if you don't care about the MP. 

Titanfall really would have done better if it were released at a different time. EA basically kicked it out to die sticking it right between CoD and BF, which people will buy off name recognition alone. Would have done better in a less busy time period instead of competing with the two biggest shooter series there currently is. I'll still play it but it came out at a really bad time. 

Amazing summary. This is what I was looking for when i started this thread. So for you it goes IW > BF1> TF2?

Haven't played Titanfall yet so l can only compare Battlefield 1 and CoD IW.

Battlefield 1 = Coca Cola

CoD IW = localized supermarket brand coke.

P.S = Campaing of Battlefield 1 was short yeah, but it was astonishing. It was like a documentary! It was one of the best WW 1 campaings l've ever played.

Ok. but why? need details. not just one's good, one's generic.

I only own IW. Didn't play the beta for BF1 or Titanfall 2.. Although me being a Call of Duty diehard.. I really don't like IW.. Just how they make the guns and how killing works in that game.. it doesn't click. In some COD games you hear a "tic" noise and a red hitmarker when you've successfully killed an enemy. There's nothing in IW and it's throwing me off like crazy.

I definitely would pick one of the other two.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

I have only played Battlefield 1, but I can tell you that the game is great. The single player campaign is good by FPS standards, although it is a bit short. The multiplayer is great.

The BF1 is more "clean" than the IW multiplayer (can't really say much about Titanfall 2 as I haven't played that game nor its predecessor). No killstreaks, not a bunch of weapon customization or anything of the sort. Actually there's barely any customization at all. It's all about the gameplay. Personally I find the game to be impressively balanced in terms of weapon efficiency - there are few weapons I feel are notably worse. They all serve different purposes, and I have three load-outs with different weapons in each class.

Besides you have to look at the setting: BF1 is set during the WW1, whereas the others are futuristic.

I can't tell you to avoid the two other games, but I can promise you that BF1 will be worth your while if you give it a chance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BF1 is outstanding in all aspects. Except in Hardcore mode which is a disappointment. But the campaign is very fun and really well done. I have yet to finish it as I tend to only play the MP. But is is worth the money in my opinion.

IW multilayer is total BS. I played the beta and thought maybe I just need to give it time. It was meh. But I was really sure I'd get it and all would be good. We'll until some one ran on all fours like a panther and kill 3 of us in one hit while being shot. I was done. I gave it another shot and someone else did the damn panther run. I deleted that game quick. Thundercat mode and this damn space wars crap ruined it for me.

Edited by ChaosLegionSpawn