Which game type is the best one to level up classes and your rank

MilanYildirim

This is my first Battlefield game l actually played its mp. From DICE I only played Battlefront before which has a better mp mode imo, because there was at least one small map where l can actually see my enemy and outskill him/her or vice versa. While playing Battefield 1, l usually get killed without understanding what's going on by some camper on the other edge of the map. You can tell that it is not so much fun to me.
Long story short, as title says which game type is the best one? Is there a small map? I haven't tried all ( what l mean by small for like Cargo on Battlefront ) 

Edited by MilanYildirim

I play conquest as I find myself averaging 12,000 score per match. That's if I lose. The problems with conquest is that the matches can be long (About 25 - 30 minutes each) and the map sizes are all pretty big. I don't mind these problems too much as I enjoy the feel of a large scale battle.

But to suit with your preferences it may be worth a try to play TDM or something along those lines. The maps are smaller when compared to the maps you will get in conquest. but the XP you will receive will be lower when compared to something like Conquest.

In conclusion, the modes that will usually yield the most score per minute would be conquest (my choice), domination and operations. But in terms of fitting with your preferences, something like Team Deathmatch is what your looking for. 

Edited by - Cammy -
  • Like 1

Domination is like conquest only on a smaller scale: fewer people, smaller maps (only three flags per map), first team to reach 100 points instead of 1000. The games usually last around 10 minutes instead of thirty. Haven't played domination that much, but the games I've played have been intense with perhaps higher emphasis on team play as opposed to conquest where I often play with people who do their own thing instead of following orders - scouts in particular.

• Like 1

Other people have answered your question very well, and I agree with most of them. I do, however, want to address your point of skill

You seem to have the perception that the only time skill comes into play is when you and the other person are in a firefight. That's not true with Battlefield. When you're playing Battlefield games, skill is also positioning and situational awareness. In other words, how you move around the map, and knowing what's going on around you/where the enemies are at also contributes to your "skill."

So, rather than shy aware from the rewarding large-scale warfare that Battlefield is known for, I would recommend you try to work on your in-game awareness through Domination, TDM, or Rush at first. It's not really something you can teach, but with enough practice I'm sure you'll develop it naturally.

When I first picked up Battlefield 3 after playing CoD all my life, I didn't have much fun as well. I played TDM for the first couple of months, but eventually I moved over to Conquest. Now small-scale games like CoD or Titanfall are boring in comparison. Hopefully you'll reach the same point with enough time.

• Like 2

Other people have answered your question very well, and I agree with most of them. I do, however, want to address your point of skill

You seem to have the perception that the only time skill comes into play is when you and the other person are in a firefight. That's not true with Battlefield. When you're playing Battlefield games, skill is also positioning and situational awareness. In other words, how you move around the map, and knowing what's going on around you/where the enemies are at also contributes to your "skill."

So, rather than shy aware from the rewarding large-scale warfare that Battlefield is known for, I would recommend you try to work on your in-game awareness through Domination, TDM, or Rush at first. It's not really something you can teach, but with enough practice I'm sure you'll develop it naturally.

When I first picked up Battlefield 3 after playing CoD all my life, I didn't have much fun as well. I played TDM for the first couple of months, but eventually I moved over to Conquest. Now small-scale games like CoD or Titanfall are boring in comparison. Hopefully you'll reach the same point with enough time.

I do agree positioning and situational awareness is also some sort of skill.However, l still would love to have a map where l can clash chest to chest. It's quite frustrating for me to get killed by a dude on my back, l just feel like l could have taken him down if l was able to see him you know.

Edit : l do appreciate all the input. Thank you guys.

Edited by MilanYildirim

I do agree positioning and situational awareness is also some sort of skill.However, l still would love to have a map where l can clash chest to chest. It's quite frustrating for me to get killed by a dude on my back, l just feel like l could have taken him down if l was able to see him you know.

Edit : l do appreciate all the input. Thank you guys.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. If you prefer face-to-face combat, the maps you should gravitate toward are Argonne Forest and Suez. They're the two most linear maps in the game. You'll still get flanked from time to time, but significantly less than every other map.