A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

So this will be my first time participating in one of these so my list is gonna be this:

(Pre-Season)

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake (Vita) 55% || Goal 100%

Persona 4 Golden (Vita) 54% || (pre-season) Goal: Story complete

Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) 46% || Goal: 100%

And these are the ones I will begin working on after season starts:

Persona 4 Golden (Vita) 54% || (final) Goal: Platinum (100%)

Battlefield Hardline (PS4) 62% || Goal: Platinum

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PS3) 5% || Goal: 100%

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) 0% || Goal: Platinum (100%)

• Like 2

I really like this idea since I have a quite a lot of games on my pile of shame with mixed percentages, so i will definitely join this event for the first season. Probably not for the Pre-Season because the Skyrim remaster will keep me busy for the rest of the year. At least that will give me enough time to think about my list.

• Like 1

I'm going to finish off a couple of games I'm really close to 100% with.

Pre-Season

1. Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Current completion: 57%

Goal: Platinum

2. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS3)

Current completion: 73%

3. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4)

Current completion: 55%

Edited by WilliamGeorge11

I'm interested but have a question. Does it have to be games already started or can it be one we haven't started. I have games I bought 2 and 3 years ago and never started?

I do have some games I intend on finishing that I started that would fit this list.

Edited by snakebit10

I'm interested but have a question. Does it have to be games already started or can it be one we haven't started. I have games I bought 2 and 3 years ago and never started?

I do have some games I intend on finishing that I started that would fit this list.

That's not a problem at all, you can put games on your list that you never played before!

Edit:

I canged the wording of the rules a bit to make that point clear.

Edited by gernboes

Updated the OP with list of current participants, i hope, the lists are correct ;)

Also, although i originally said, up to 3 games for the pre-season, i'll accept the lists with 4 games. Just keep in mind there is only little over a month left in the pre-season, and try to put only so many games on your list you think you can make! (If you get done before end of december, i would say its ok to add still more games)

Sounds like an awesome community event! Can I add more games once the time period is done?

For now, my pre-season list is...

Outlast (PS4) 100%

Fez (PS4) 100%

Escape Plan (PS4) 100%

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4) 100%

I'm not entirely sure i get what you mean... For the pre-season, the original limit was 3 games, because it runs only until the end of december, but if you think you can finish those 4 games, that's fine! If you finish them and there's still time left, i would say it's also ok to add more games.  And for season 1 (which starts january 1st), you can and should submit your list before that date, so anytime between now and january 1st. If you can't make it before january 1st, it's also ok to submit it afterwards.

If that hasn't answered you question, feel free to be a bit more specific :)

Edited by gernboes

Alright, this seems like a good idea. I won't be doing the pre-season, but I'll join up for season 1 with the following games:

God of War

God of War 2

God of War 3

God of War Ascension

God of War Chains of Olympus

God of War Ghost of Sparta

So much variety, right?! Anyhow, I've had these games laying around for a pretty long time now, and they've never even come close to my PS3 yet...

This seems like a good opportunity to change that :D

Let's be ambitious and say I hope to plat all of them! :)

• Like 1

I like the idea of a 'casual' completion challenge, I'm very prone to playing a new game for just one session then never getting round to going back to it, leaving me with dozens of games that this website ranks as 'E', so I'm going with my oldest rank E games on each platform, if there is a story I want to complete it other than that I'm more than happy getting to rank A rather than slogging to an S rank.

PS4

Contrast - last trophy 2013, at 14% (E)

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag - last trophy 2013, at 1% (E)

PS3

Outrun - last trophy 2010, at 4% (E)

Ghostbusters - last trophy 2010, at 8% (E)

PS Vita

Little Deviants - last trophy 2013, at 1% (E)

Motorstorm RC - last trophy 2013, at 5% (E)

Updated the OP with list of current participants, i hope, the lists are correct ;)

Also, although i originally said, up to 3 games for the pre-season, i'll accept the lists with 4 games. Just keep in mind there is only little over a month left in the pre-season, and try to put only so many games on your list you think you can make! (If you get done before end of december, i would say its ok to add still more games)

I'm not entirely sure i get what you mean... For the pre-season, the original limit was 3 games, because it runs only until the end of december, but if you think you can finish those 4 games, that's fine! If you finish them and there's still time left, i would say it's also ok to add more games.  And for season 1 (which starts january 1st), you can and should submit your list before that date, so anytime between now and january 1st. If you can't make it before january 1st, it's also ok to submit it afterwards.

If that hasn't answered you question, feel free to be a bit more specific :)

Ahhh! That makes much more sense! Thanks for the clarification. I will be looking through my list and likely changing it multiple times as I plan attacking the backlog hard over winter break

Sounds like an excellent idea Gernboes, I would like to join as well. I will submit my first season games in a few weeks but for the preseason there are 3 PS4 games I really need to get back to and 2 PS3 games I have bought everything for but never played. So now is the perfect time. It will be nice to mix these in with some of the short crap I am playing at the moment :)

Preseason Games

PS4

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor 16 % - Platinum (base game)

Mafia 3 9 % - Platinum

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X 60 % - Platinum

PS3

Spyros Adventure 0% - Platinum

Skylanders Giants 0% - Platinum

• Like 1

Since I always have that goal to bring my backlog down and been pretty good at it, I'll join this with these games for January and won't do pre-season:

PS3

Prince Of Persia 24%

Goal: Plat

Red Faction: Guerrilla 51%

Ni No Kuni 5%

For Jan 2017 I'd like to start out at 4 games.

Bully (PS4)

Currently 13% (last earned 31st May 2016)

Goal: Platinum (100%)

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (PSVita)

Currently 10% (last earned 3rd August 2016)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles (PSVita)

Currently not started (Bought in sales this summer)

Knack (PS4)

Currently 17% (last earned 4th September 2014)

Goal: Story Completion and A-ranking as minimum.

Edited by booshy_89

AWESOME!!!

Been waiting for an event like this for a long time... I just want to play through the stories, I can't bring myself to 100% a lot these days, and I have many games with at least one trophy earned so they get disqualified for other backlog events I've joined.

Pre-season: I want to finish the stories in Watch_Dogs 2 and The Deadly Tower Of Monsters, which are respectively at 30% and 0% now. I might add more but those are the two I will be gunning for this month, at least. I might add the Ezio trilogy, depending on how soon I get it.

I will try to figure out a list of games for the first season before January, but this will probably in part depend on the next two PS+ updates. I would want to add Fractured Butthole but I don't know if it will be released in time (Horizon Zero Dawn seems ready for season 2, but also with that one I can't rule out further delays). I will mostly play games I already have at least one trophy in though because the unstarted ones will be ammo for the next Hemiak KYC event.

Here is a proto-list for season one, with current completion percentages. I might change some, if not all of the titles though. All of the goals are story completion, with the exception of LEGO Marvel's Avengers which has a 100% goal. All of these games are on PS4, by the way.

Bloodborne (3%), Bound (3%), LEGO Marvel's Avengers (5%), Shadow Of The Beast (1%)

Question: Are you going to ask people to write reviews of the games in this thread (like in the Hemiak KYC events) or is it more of a short stat updates kind of thing?

Edit: just read through the OP a bit more and you don't count new games as being part of the backlog, so forget my comments on Watch_Dogs 2, Fractured Butthole and Horizon Zero Dawn then. Personally every game I own but have not played through yet is on my backlog, so I didn't think about adding new games. I guess The Deadly Tower Of Monsters is a no-no then as well, seeing as I obtained it this month on PS+?

Edited by BillyHorrible

Awesome thing to do!

Pre-Season

- LEGO Marvel Avengers | 31% | Platinum & 100%

- Sniper Elite 3 | 2% | Just finish the Story

- God of War | 71% | Platinum & 100%

Season (I will probably add a couple more here, I just have to decide which one of them)

Red Dead Redemption | 6% | Platinum (Finally, I will make it)

- Bioshock | 12% | Platinum

- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix | 39% | Platinum & 100%

I'll join in.

My pre-season backlog (going over the recommended 3 titles):

Mighty No. 9 (0%) --> Story Completed
Titan Souls (2%) --> Story Completed

Dark Cloud (0%) --> 100% Platinum

Disgaea 5 (74%) --> 100% Platinum EDIT: DONE
Hitman Go (18%) --> 100% Platinum EDIT: DONE

Disgaea 5 and Hitman took way less time than expected.. I'm going to add Dark Cloud to the original list because I think it's doable.

Edited by Normalcy1