A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

Update: 

I have 2 platinums to go through with this Season 1 backlog challenge wich are:

- Everybody gone to the Rapture 0%

And

- Heavy Rain 0% ---> 18%

I almost started the first one but i realized that it will be a short-ish platinum compared to Heavy Rain wich will likely that longer due to multiple playthroughs (i never played the game so i wanted a blind playthough before looking at a guide). So i'll keep Everybody Gone Rapture to play in between Heavy Rain playthroughs if i get bored. 

My impressions so far of Heavy Rain:

I really like the story of the game!

Control wise... Well it is QTEs.. 

This game feels more like a long movie with some cluncky QTEs appearing from time to time.

Wich i'm not necesserly complaining about.. It's actually relaxing after a long and busy day at work to play those kinda games ( same reason why i love telltale and Lego games )

My body is getting worse and worse, but I was able to crank out a few more trophies. My goal is to crank up the games in my backlog to 20% or higher.

• Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD (23%)
  • LEGO Dimensions (13% => 22%)
  • Psychonauts (8% => 21%)
  • Sly 2 (34%)
  • World of Final Fantasy (11%)

Sadly I didn't find any strength to continue with WoFF. Time to hit the sack and try to sleep off this head cold. -_-

Little Update: I completed all DLC trophies of Magic the Gathering 2014.

For now I will make a small break (I should complete Sonic's Genesis Collection and I want to start my "recently bought" Madden NFL 17... :D) and re-start Naruto and/or Jeopardy next week (maybe I'll try That Trivia this week...).

EDIT: taking advantage of the fact that main post has not yet been updated, I'll say that I completed That Trivia Game too!! So, I have finished my two smaller tasks.

Edited by JoaoQuique

Good news: I managed to survive my head cold.

Bad news: I won't able to get my 20% trophy completion goal this week. World of Final Fantasy was horrible. It seems all of the trophies are only available near the end of the game. Guess I'll have to advance the story. :(

• LEGO Dimensions (22%)
  • Psychonauts (21%)
  • Sly 2 (34%)
  • World of Final Fantasy (11% => 14%)

13 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Good news: I managed to survive my head cold.

Bad news: I won't able to get my 20% trophy completion goal this week. World of Final Fantasy was horrible. It seems all of the trophies are only available near the end of the game. Guess I'll have to advance the story. :(

• LEGO Dimensions (22%)
  • Psychonauts (21%)
  • Sly 2 (34%)
  • World of Final Fantasy (11% => 14%)

EDIT: Disregard the last post.

• Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD (23% => 26%)
  • LEGO Dimensions (22%)
  • Psychonauts (21%)
  • Sly 2 (34%)
  • World of Final Fantasy (14% => 20%)

Managed to get some story progress in both of my RPGs on the list. I really should be sleeping, it's 4 AM where I am. :|

Time for a short update.

Continued a bit with Dungeons 2, and completed 3 more missions in the campaign. That leaves 2 missions as far as I know. Starting to get bored with the gameplay though as the approach to every mission is pretty much the same and the controls are just plain bad. RTS without a keyboard and mouse will always be average at best it seems.

Did some more stuff in Psychonauts. Really liked the Milkman level's setup, sad it took the game so long to present a cool looking level. I think the game is okay, some good humour but it's all very linear while people claimed it was up to the Donkey/Banjo level of quality and it's not.

Can't wait to play Donkey Kong 64 again on the Switch.

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3%
  • Deadpool || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, finish: 40%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%, current: 9%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS1
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS2
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MSX
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS3
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS4
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS5
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS6
  • Õkami HD || PS3 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Psychonauts || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 21%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9% (but will restart the campaign)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 100%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS4) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • The Last Guardian (PS4)
  • Metal Slug Anthology (PS4)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

On 31/12/2016 at 10:09 AM, Chris1-1sirhC said:

Can I join please

Season 1

1. Assassin Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper DLC

Goal: 100%

Current: 0%

2. L.A Noire

Goal: Overall 100%

- Main game - get 7 unearned trophies

- A Slip of the Tongue DLC - get 2 unearned trophies

- The Naked City - get 3 unearned trophies

- Nicholson Electroplating DLC - get 1 unearned trophy

Current:

Main Game: 75%

A Slip of the Tongue DLC: 80%

The Naked City DLC: 70%

Nicholson electroplating DLC: 90%

Reefer Madness DLC: 100%

3. Fahrenheit

Goal: Platinum

Current: 6%

Can I please add

4. Batman A Telltale Series

Goal: Platinum

Current: 0%

A quick update: I managed to battle through sniffles and headaches to bring you this:

LEGO Dimensions: 45% (67%) (Forgot that the trophy collection was inconsistent because the DLC doesn't count for the platinum)

Completed the story on the main game. Now I just need to get some miscellaneous trophies (and do the DLC packs to hopefully get my completion up to a better ration) and the plat will be mine. Going to work on Sly 2 next - I have to be away from the PS4 today so I'll bring my Vita to work.

EDIT: Okay, so since there were no new posts, I decided to edit this one with my new update:

• Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD (26%)
  • LEGO Dimensions (67% w/o DLC)
  • Psychonauts (33%)
  • Sly 2 (40%)
  • World of Final Fantasy (20%)

While I was freezing my butt off this morning at the farmer's market, I completed Episode 2 and 3 of Sly 2. Then I napped for a few hours and finally pulled myself out of bed to get into the Asylum in Psychonauts, and I completed the Scavenger Hunt. Sadly I am now down to 1 Astral Layer because Lungfishopolis and that worm mini-boss in the Milkman Conspiracy were brutal as (censored profanity). :angry:

Edited by NebbyLunala
No new posts?

I just want to say that I'm going to try to get through Bound today, might be ages before I get PSVR back. I was at 3% before today and it might be possible to miss all trophies from now until the end, nothing is story related.

PS. Just decided since it's so short, I want to try two playthroughs. First I'm going to do myself, second will be for all memory shards and with a map.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Well, finally made some progress, even this late in the night, thanks to podcasts and live streams, which is good because I need to platinum the middle three games before the end of the month so I have plenty of time to work on KHDDD and WoFF, which will be the longest grind.

• LEGO Dimensions (85% w/o DLC)
  • Psychonauts (47%)
  • Sly 2 (40%)
Edited by NebbyLunala

I finished my first playthrough of Bound. Nice little game, I think. Will probably do the second playthrough soon.

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story and collectables || start: 3%, current 9% (9% after first playthrough)
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9% (but will restart the campaign)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 100%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Bound (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

I think it's about time to do an update, although progress before this weekend was pretty slow.

I played Ghostbusters PS3 for a bit at the start of Jan, this has got to be the best movie tie in game I've ever played, only a couple of missions in so far, got a bit bored of the long loading times when you die so gave up for a bit, I did though manage to get slimed so that my 1500th trophy is 'Feeling Funky' B)

Assassin's Creed Black Flag PS4, this is my first Assassin's Creed game and I'm really enjoying it, I'm sure after a few games (I got the Ezio Collection for Christmas) I'll be as sick of the 'Ubisoft towers' as everyone else, but at the moment I'm enjoying triggering them to get the collectibles etc.  One bit I really can't do is the stealth stuff, I ended up giving up in mission 4-2 because I got seen over and over again, so decided to go off and be a pirate instead for a while.  I've so far spent 25 hours in this game, and the vast majority has been sailing around plundering ships, but I also noticed there is a stealth outfit for completing 15 assassination contracts so I went off and did those.  Outfitted in my new stealth outfit (I'm not sure how much it reduces people spotting you, but it does seem to make people stop searching for you quicker, so if you hide quickly enough you'll get away with being spotted) I was finally able to progress with the story, it still took me a few attempts but mission 4 is now done.

Spoiler
  • Contrast || PS4 || Start 14% (Rank E) || Goal: Story complete ||
  • Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story complete || Current 17% (D)
  • Outrun || PS3 || Start 4% (E) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • Ghostbusters || PS3 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Story complete || Current 15% (D)
  • Little Deviants || Vita || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • Motorstorm RC || Vita || Start 5% (E) || Goal: Rank A ||

Edited by richtayls
  • Like 1

Did the second playthrough of Bound. I'm done with the game now, I've seen enough of the speedruns to know it's not for me. I'm not that big of a completionist and those finnicky jumps will just annoy me, it's not worth it.

Spoiler

Season I

• Bound || PS4 || goal: story and collectables || start: 3%, finish 56% (9% after first playthrough)

2017 long goals

Eliminated from Backlog

• Bound (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

@gernboes not going to do it now because I'm on my phone but I'm thinking about splitting up that eliminated list per season, so it will remain clear how much I managed to do per season.

Things are moving much faster now that I have finished my exercise and grocery shopping for the week and I am feeling much better. Managed to complete Episodes 4 and 5 of Sly 2 for the Vita and during the evening got to work finishing up the LEGO Dimensions trophies... after the PS4 updated it. Seriously, that game gets too many updates. Let me guess, another set of new DLC trophies? :( I took the wait to complete Waterloo World and revisit Black Velvetopia in Psychonauts to get the secret garden trophy, then managed to get the Speedy Thing Goes In trophy for LEGO Dimensions and played through the entire story levels of Fantastic Beasts DLC which got me the last trophy to pop my first platinum on the list just before the last level. :D

• LEGO Dimensions (85% w/o DLC => :platinum:)
  • Psychonauts (47% => 55%)
  • Sly 2 (40% => 56%)

Eliminated from Backlog:

• LEGO Dimensions

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-blfdW-2B-kI/WJqzIRtWE4I/AAAAAAAAUME/AACX4ctoLQs82DAXZUoKG5qD5xTttOrywCLcB/s640/2017-02-07-234029.jpg

Welp, finally got THIS out of the way. Spent all day clearing up the last episodes of Sly 2. So much frustration... :facepalm:

But now I only have Razputin to deal with before I can dig into the muck and start working on the RPGs to complete the list for this season. :highfive:

22 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:
  • LEGO Dimensions (85% w/o DLC => :platinum:)
  • Psychonauts (47% => 55%)
  • Sly 2 (56% => :platinum:)

Eliminated from Backlog:

• LEGO Dimensions
  • Sly 2

@gernboes there, I did it.

Spoiler

Season 1

• Bound || PS4 || goal: story and collectables || start: 3%, finish 56% (9% after first playthrough)

2017 long goals

Eliminated from backlog in pre-season

• Assassin's Creed II (PS4)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Eliminated from backlog in S1

• Bound (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)

Edited by BillyHorrible

Another update done! WIth the next update, i will remove any remaining lists from pre-season! I think if there weren't any updates until now, there wont be any coming. That means, everybody that so far only has a pre-season list submitted will be considered inactive and removed (if there is a list of eliminated games, that will stay!). However, that does not mean that those are blocked or whatever! Everybody can rejoin by submitting a list for the current season. I just want to get rid of dead entries that wont see any progress. Expect this next update sometime at the beginning of next week.

As far as my progress, there isnt much to report, i played a few things on the side... Bought and started Yakuza 0, played the GR Wildlands beta and some smaller games. Im still busy going for the plat in AC Unity, and there are soooooooo many chests! The next game from my list will be Lollipop Chainsaw, and when im done with that, i think i will add one or two more games, because i wont have any games on home consoles remaining then, only Vita stuff...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

It took me a long time to "psych" myself up for this but I finally got to work on reaching the Platinum for Psychonauts...

And I decided to remove it from my list. I can't platinum the game. That punching mini-game is BRUTAL. Why did I even start this damn game!? :shakefist:

Seriously? I guess your gaming history must be less brutal than mine was because I sped right through it :D

I failed once on the last round but that's it (and only because my dog was distracting me by jumping on the sofa and crawling over me, making me hit two babies in a row).

It's not that bad, just try again at a moment when you're zen :)

30 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Seriously? I guess your gaming history must be less brutal than mine was because I sped right through it :D

I failed once on the last round but that's it (and only because my dog was distracting me by jumping on the sofa and crawling over me, making me hit two babies in a row).

It's not that bad, just try again at a moment when you're zen :)

Okay, I'm sorry. I apologize for almost giving up. I'll try it again when I feel ready for it. I'm just not good at hitting the targets fast enough. They always vanish when I try to hit them. In the meantime, I need to focus on getting more trophies for Dream Drop Distance. I want to make it my 13th platinum.

Just finished my second playthough of Heavy Rain.

And i forgot one clue sooooo i'll need another partial playthough....

I'll put Heavy Rain on the side for now even tho i only have a few easy trophies remaining (81% complétion) and i'll start Everybody gone to the Rapture.

I thought about it and i'd rather get the latter for my 9th platinum and keep Heavy Rain as my 10th Platinum :)

5 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Okay, I'm sorry. I apologize for almost giving up. I'll try it again when I feel ready for it. I'm just not good at hitting the targets fast enough. They always vanish when I try to hit them. In the meantime, I need to focus on getting more trophies for Dream Drop Distance. I want to make it my 13th platinum.

Once the center round starts, don't even walk up to them. Just stand in the middle, aim and smash.

Time for a ´killing´ update:

I just received the WD 2 plat and therefore eliminating that from my backlog. So Watch Dogs 2 (goal 10% -> Plat)

I really loved WD 2, mostly because of the charm it had and the pretty fun combat, where it mostly utilize your hacking skills.

I still have many things to finish in my backlog for this event:

• Rise of the Tomb Raider; (Goal: 61% -> 100%)
  • Watch Dogs 2 (goal 10% -> Plat)
  • Far Cry 4 (goal: Story Completed)
  • Mafia 2 (goal: 57% -> Plat)
  • Persona 4 Golden (goal: 1% -> Story Completed)

Probably going to do Mafia 2 next -> far cry 4 -> ROTTR.

I have newly bought rayman double pack (which I am playing rn) and danganronpa another story or the vita. I like rayman more then I liked P4. Maybe its just me but I dont like playing P4 for a short amount of time (half hour public transport with 1 change). I should probably just binch game it once to have the hang of it, maybe I will like it more then?

Edited by Bumperklever