A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

Finished up 2 more DLCs from Fallout 4. Automatron which was pretty good and Vault-Tec Workshop  which decent enough. Still 3 more DLCs to go.

Also started Killing Floor 2. It's fun so far, but the higher difficulties are a pain in the ass to get through. Main issues with the game are the matchmaking and some of the size of some of the maps.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

On 10.6.2017 at 7:10 PM, voodoo_eyes said:

Also started Killing Floor 2. It's fun so far, but the higher difficulties are a pain in the ass to get through. Main issues with the game are the matchmaking and some of the size of some of the maps.

Yeah, i also tried a bit of KF2, but im not sure yet if i am willing to invest time in it...

Ld78bf8.png

I did finish Hardline yesterday, so thats off my list, im not quite decided what will take its place though...

I did end up going for all collectibles, but i was also reminded of why i stopped playing the first time...

• unskippable cutscenes there was a mission i had to restart multiple times with a minutes long cutscene at the beginning, followed by a minutes long drive with nothing but a straight road and dialog, and then again a cutscene. Amounting to about 5 minutes (estimated...) unskippable, unnecessary content every time! And not only when starting the mission, but also if you die before the first checkpoint, which is not directly after the cutscenes... (Not the only, but the most annoying example...)
  • game freezing bugs or at least one bug. In the same mission as those cutscenes i talk above, there is a turret section right at the end of the mission, where, if you die and try to reload the checkpoint, the game gets stuck at the loading screen. Quitting and resuming also doesnt help... There is a workaround, but such a bug in a game thats a couple years old is ridiculous. Ridiculous but not surprising sadly, after BF 4, which had a bug also for years (and probably till this day) that just randomly wiped you entire campaign progress...
  • glitched trophies that just randomly decide if the pop or not...

I actually liked the gameplay and the story - nothing revolutionary, but ok. But the design and polish is at least partially really bad!

Hi, I'd love to join this! I'm going to aim to get 100% of all games done on my list in order to allow me to start on my three major games - ESO, Max Payne 3 and Stardew Valley. However before I start these games I want to have the majority of my games completed before starting - so I'll use this as a way of tackling games on my list in small packages (like the rules state :)).

So for the upcoming season (1st of July) I'd like to add the following games:

Uncharted 3 (PS3) Plat & 100% - aiming to get this done in around a month, currently at 18%.

GTA V  Plat & 100%- Two trophies left 91%, ironically the two which have been done on my previous accounts, with the level 100 being attained on about 8 different occasions in the past - with this character sitting at level 90 (more or less). 

Mini Ninjas Platinum (currently at 2%) - should be an easy one, just needs a day or two of playing to obtain, shouldn't be any issue at all (used to be a childhood fav).

Beyond Two Souls Platinum - 25% through and as of yet to finish my first play though, a few days of playing during the summer should pop me this plat :).

Fallout 4 Nuka World 100% - Last DLC left at 18%, thought I'd throw it in as it's the last journey to the S rank for this game, with a few final grindy trophies left, but nothing compared to some of the ones I've already conquered.

Far Cry 2 Platinum - Hardly casual, but I've been tearing through the multiplayer trophies and should have his done in around a month, currently sitting at 11%.

Whilst a couple of the games aren't as 'casual' of a backlog of some, I'll have free time to tear away at these games, and will most likely have all the 'casual' games (FC2 & U3 excluded :P) done within a month, and shall add some more games to the list by then. 

Hopefully the formality and what not is okay, and cheers for the event! :D 

Edited by Wxddlindan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gernboes said:

Yeah, i also tried a bit of KF2, but im not sure yet if i am willing to invest time in it...

It seems to be far less grindy than other MP shooters, which is a plus. Also no one idles in the games, as you only get XP for getting kills/healing which is great. The most annoying trophies are the difficulty ones and getting the kill on the Dr. The rest is pretty straightforward. I'm currently at level 15and maybe put in around 10-15 hours.

13 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It seems to be far less grindy than other MP shooters, which is a plus. Also no one idles in the games, as you only get XP for getting kills/healing which is great. The most annoying trophies are the difficulty ones and getting the kill on the Dr. The rest is pretty straightforward. I'm currently at level 15and maybe put in around 10-15 hours.

Sounds good, maybe ill play a little more then :)

14 hours ago, Wxddlindan said:

Hi, I'd love to join this! I'm going to aim to get 100% of all games done on my list in order to allow me to start on my three major games - ESO, Max Payne 3 and Stardew Valley. However before I start these games I want to have the majority of my games completed before starting - so I'll use this as a way of tackling games on my list in small packages (like the rules state :)).

Welcome on board! Ill add you in the next update!

Lbf80d1.png

Ive decided to add Invisible Inc. to my list, a tactical stealth game with rogue lite elements, which encourages multiple playthroughs... So im not quite sure what my goal should be... Story completion doesnt seem to make much sense, and the trophy list is a nightmare, to be honest: average completion of 2%, Platinum below 1% and only 3 trophies with a rarity higher than 10%, so no way im gonna go for the plat! I got 1 trophy so far and already have rank B!

Ill just do as many playthroughs as i feel like and then move on...

• Like 1

@gernboes You'll be happy to know that even though I'm not posting here any more, I'm still merrily chipping away at my backlog... For the moment, I'm doing less on the 'actual' backlog games and more on getting additional work done in the Assassin's Creed games, like the yearly goals I made in here.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, DLC done.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, platinum done.

Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD, platinum done.

... And this weekend, I made some very good progress on getting the platinum in Assassin's Creed: Rogue done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@gernboes You'll be happy to know that even though I'm not posting here any more, I'm still merrily chipping away at my backlog... For the moment, I'm doing less on the 'actual' backlog games and more on getting additional work done in the Assassin's Creed games, like the yearly goals I made in here.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, DLC done.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, platinum done.

Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD, platinum done.

... And this weekend, I made some very good progress on getting the platinum in Assassin's Creed: Rogue done.

I'm going for the 100% on the franchise, but Rogue can be a pain with the 300+ collectibles, not sure if it's worse than unity though 

24 minutes ago, Wxddlindan said:

I'm going for the 100% on the franchise, but Rogue can be a pain with the 300+ collectibles, not sure if it's worse than unity though 

Collectibles in Rogue are done and I did those from Unity last year. unity is definitely worse, much worse. At least Rogue has variation, with Unity it's just chests, chests, chests, often locked and locked behind doors...

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Collectibles in Rogue are done and I did those from Unity last year. unity is definitely worse, much worse. At least Rogue has variation, with Unity it's just chests, chests, chests, often locked and locked behind doors...

Ha they were indeed... did them in my old account and remembered the pain of them, the multiplayer for unity was alright from what I remember - short of getting all the trophies in public games with non-trophy hunters as I hadn't discovered the site back then :(:P 

25 minutes ago, Wxddlindan said:

Ha they were indeed... did them in my old account and remembered the pain of them, the multiplayer for unity was alright from what I remember - short of getting all the trophies in public games with non-trophy hunters as I hadn't discovered the site back then :(:P 

Yeah I just went for the accolades solo, I went for a public session for that one mission that's (almost) impossible to solo, Tournament or something like that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah I just went for the accolades solo, I went for a public session for that one mission that's (almost) impossible to solo, Tournament or something like that.

Yeah I recall the mission now, although I've yet to do AC4 on this account so have the multiplayer to look forward to on that - however I've been informed that Wolfpack is an easy way of reaching level 50, so that's a relief :) 

13 minutes ago, Wxddlindan said:

Yeah I recall the mission now, although I've yet to do AC4 on this account so have the multiplayer to look forward to on that - however I've been informed that Wolfpack is an easy way of reaching level 50, so that's a relief :) 

Yeah you need to do one session in each MP mode which can be easily done in private sessions and after that it's all solo during wolfpack, though personally I played a lot with others to make it less monotonous. Black Flag is lots of fun to play, though going-for-plat-wise I thought Rogue was less of a bother due to easier mission constraints and no online.

22 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah you need to do one session in each MP mode which can be easily done in private sessions and after that it's all solo during wolfpack, though personally I played a lot with others to make it less monotonous. Black Flag is lots of fun to play, though going-for-plat-wise I thought Rogue was less of a bother due to easier mission constraints and no online.

Yeah they're both ready games, just need to finish up 3, 4 and unity on this account and I'll be done with the series (apart from liberations which I'll probably have platiniumed soon enough) - however I do have brotherhood and revelations which I'll pick up on PS4 to save any grinding there (as I've already had my fair share of those games :P)

L90d84d.png

I suddenly got in the mood for some space battles, and having dipped shortly into Rebel Galaxy, i decided i wanted something more tactical and something i could play more relaxed. So i decided to give Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy a try.As most of my games i bought it in some sale and never played it before. Its a turn based space battle simulator where you command a selection of ships ranging from fighters to capital ships, all of which  gain XP and level up, s you have a persistent fleet. You control movement, firing orders, energy and shield distribution and so on. Every shipclass has different firing arcs, some fire forward, and some fire broadsides like old naval ships. Its pretty fun so far, although i think it could get repetitive sooner , or later. The trophies seem pretty straightforward, but for some reason the plat is ultra rare. So, ill aim for story completion and will then decide if im going for the plat too.

• Like 1

It's time for an update again.

Season 2:

• Oceanhorn - Finish Story - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Severed - just get some general progress done (already started this one) - benched
  • Valley - Finish Story - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Adventures of Mana - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Sword Coast Legends - Play through the story once (Season 2) - 8/10
  • Destroy All Humans - Finish Story - Plat (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Final Fantasy VII (started during another event) - Finish Story - stopped playing this, because I didn't like it
  • Far Cry Primal (just started) - plat (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Sword Art Online Lost Song - Finish Story (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Lego Marvel Avengers (PS4) - Finish Story (Season 2)
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - Finish Story
  • Fallout 4 - complete DLC
  • Neon Chrome - try it out and see how it goes
  • Abyss Odyssey - get 100%
  • Killing Floor 2 - check out how what the gameplay is like

Fallout 4: - completed 5/6 DLCs so that I now only have Nuka-World missing

Killing Floor 2 - currently level 19, got the difficulty trophies out of the way as well as the boss kills. Need another 15 online wins (which is starting to be a pain as EU servers are mostly deserted at any time of day it seems and the ping anywhere else is at least 140+). Other than that also missing getting to level 25, which is going to be a tad grindy.

Neon Chrome - played maybe for about an hour, it's alright, but there are far better top-down shooters out there. This game basically sets you pack to the first mission, unless you manage to kill the boos on mission 4.  I think it's like that on regular intervals, as I believe now I can start at level 5 as I've beaten the previous mission. When you die you keep the money which you can use to buy upgrades, anything else gets reset that means perks and weapons.

Abyss Odyssey - a rogue-lite that's fun for the most part. If you die you get a second chance to revive your body an an altar (if you get there that is). In case you die with the replacement character though, you'll have to start from the beginning. You get to keep all the gold you've acquired on your run and stay at the same level you were at when you died. You gradually move down the levels and occasionally get to choose a different path to reach sections with side events. The one real problem I have with this game is that there's no way to save your progress, so if you want to take a break you better leave the game running or you'll have to start over from the beginning. The game isn't overly long, but it's an annoyance that really didn't have to be in the game.

On 2017-6-17 at 0:15 PM, voodoo_eyes said:

It's time for an update again.

Season 2:

• Oceanhorn - Finish Story - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Severed - just get some general progress done (already started this one) - benched
  • Destroy All Humans - Finish Story - Plat (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Final Fantasy VII (started during another event) - Finish Story - stopped playing this, because I didn't like it
  • Far Cry Primal (just started) - plat (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Lego Marvel Avengers (PS4) - Finish Story (Season 2)
  • Fallout 4 - complete DLC
  • Neon Chrome - try it out and see how it goes
  • Abyss Odyssey - get 100%
  • Killing Floor 2 - check out how what the gameplay is like

Fallout 4: - completed 5/6 DLCs so that I now only have Nuka-World missing

Killing Floor 2 - currently level 19, got the difficulty trophies out of the way as well as the boss kills. Need another 15 online wins (which is starting to be a pain as EU servers are mostly deserted at any time of day it seems and the ping anywhere else is at least 140+). Other than that also missing getting to level 25, which is going to be a tad grindy.

Neon Chrome - played maybe for about an hour, it's alright, but there are far better top-down shooters out there. This game basically sets you pack to the first mission, unless you manage to kill the boos on mission 4.  I think it's like that on regular intervals, as I believe now I can start at level 5 as I've beaten the previous mission. When you die you keep the money which you can use to buy upgrades, anything else gets reset that means perks and weapons.

Abyss Odyssey - a rogue-lite that's fun for the most part. If you die you get a second chance to revive your body an an altar (if you get there that is). In case you die with the replacement character though, you'll have to start from the beginning. You get to keep all the gold you've acquired on your run and stay at the same level you were at when you died. You gradually move down the levels and occasionally get to choose a different path to reach sections with side events. The one real problem I have with this game is that there's no way to save your progress, so if you want to take a break you better leave the game running or you'll have to start over from the beginning. The game isn't overly long, but it's an annoyance that really didn't have to be in the game.

with God mode enabled tho FF7 takes maybe 15 hours to plat.

On 05/06/2017 at 9:44 AM, rikwebb said:

Update:

Final Fantasy 14 - 23% - Goal : Finish Story and some crafting parts (For now)

Lego Movie - 100% - Goal - Platinum - Platinum Achieved!

The Last Of Us - 24% Goal - Do story a couple of times on Hard then get the jokes/optional convos/gun upgrades along the way

Dragons Dogma - 7% - Goal - Finish Story

Final Fantasy X - 13 % - Goal - Platinum

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 0% Goal - Platinum

Got the plat for Lego Movie on Saturday so thats now out of the way, think i might start Dragon's Dogma if i get time during the week

Finally unpacked my stuff after my house move but don't have any internet currently

Update:

Final Fantasy 14 - 23% - Goal : Finish Story and some crafting parts (For now)

Lego Movie - 100% - Goal - Platinum - Platinum Achieved!

The Last Of Us - 24% Goal - Do story a couple of times on Hard then get the jokes/optional convos/gun upgrades along the way

Dragons Dogma - 18% - Goal - Finish Story - Got in some play time over a couple of nights and earned 8 trophies i think

Final Fantasy X - 13 % - Goal - Platinum

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 100% Platinum Achieved

• Like 1

Small update from my site.

Megadimension Neptunia V-II (PS4)

L62e16c.png

Started playing the game at the end of May and I'm near the end of my first playthrough. Overall it has been fun so far and it was quite challenging in some fights, which was kinda unexpected for a Neptunia-game. Also love those Next Gen-transformations, especially Vert. I'm really digging that color scheme (even made her my PSN-avatar) :holy:

Didn't play the game for the last two weeks as I focused on Dirt 4 since then. I guess it's unrealistic that I will finish the game by the end of the season as I still have 10+ hours of rallys to do in Dirt 4. That game started out great but became quite a bore by now as the procedurally generated tracks have no real variety and there are only five different locations. :(

But as I got bored of it I will start playing Deponia as I know that I will enjoy that game much more atm. I just have to think of the Organon-hymn and I'm already in good mood. ^_^

Season II

• Deponia (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Gravity Rush 2 (PS4, goal: 100%)
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita, goal: Platinum)
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4, goal: Platinum)

Quite depressing that I only finished one of the games so far. But when I look at the overall list it's not that bad, I guess. xD

Spoiler
  • Burnout Paradise (PS3, all DLC, for Billy's event)
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip (Vita, plat, for Billy's event)
  • flOw (Vita, 100%, for Billy's event)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3, plat, for Billy's event)
  • flOw (PS3, 100%)
  • Full Throttle Remastered (Vita, plat, new purchase since April 1st)
  • Toyboy Turbos (PS3, 100%, new purchase since April 1st)
  • DiRT Showdown (PS3, plat)
  • Bomberman Ultra (PS3, 100%, for Billy's event)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4, remaining Multiplayer-DLC)
  • Yooka-Laylee (PS4, plat, new purchase since April 1st)
  • Arcade Game Series: Galaga (PS4, plat)
  • Earthlock: Festival of Magic (PS4, plat, new purchase since April 1st)
  • Danger Zone (PS4, 100%, new purchase since April 1st)

Edited by Crimson Idol

Update Done

As for my progress, i've mainly been playing Star Hammer, which is easier than expected, and after having a thorough look at the trophy list, i'll probably go for the plat with this one.

Also played a little bit of Mass Effect and Hyperdimension, but made only little progress.

• Like 2

Well, I guess it's time to start preparing the list for Season 3, as i probably won't get much more progress done until then.

My Killing Floor 2 progress sort of stagnated at level 20 with 13 wins left for a trophy. Can't ever find a match in Europe and winning a game on US East servers is a coin toss.

In Fallout 4 DLC I've completed all of them except Nuka-World. Have two things left to do, one is to kill 40 enemies while under a specific buff and redeem 100.000 tickets. I got about 3-4.000 and getting more involves playing games at the Nukacade, which yield a max of around 600. So that's not going to be fun.

Season III

• Abyss Odyssey - get 100% - started Season II
  • Fallout 4 DLC - wrap up - started Season II
  • Killing Floor 2 - Plat - started Season II
  • Lego Marvel Avengers - Replay levels for collectibles
  • Ride (PS4) - Try out the game
  • Watch Dogs 2 - Finish Story
  • Dead Effect 2 - Try out the game
  • République - Finish Story
  • Apotheon - Try out the game

Eliminated from Backlog

• Killzone - Plat (Pre-season) - 4/10
  • Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition - Plat (planned for Season 1, completed during Pre-season) - 3/10
  • Borderlands - get last trophy for 100% (Season 1) - 8/10
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat (Season 1) - 5/10
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 6/10
  • Crysis  - Plat (Season 1) - 7/10
  • Lost Dimension - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 8/10
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat (Season 1) - 6/10
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Plat (Season 1) - 4/10
  • Dungeons 2 - Plat (Season 1) - 5/10
  • Need for Speed Rivals - gaining a few ranks as Racer/Cop -(finished racer career - getting back to this eventually) (Season 1) 6/10
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue - Finish Story (Season 1) - 6/10

• Oceanhorn - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Destroy All Humans - Plat (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Final Fantasy VII  - stopped playing as I didn't enjoy it (Season 2) - 5/10
  • Far Cry Primal - plat (Season 2) - 7/10

• Neon Chrome - try it out and see how it goes (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Severed - get some general progress done (Season 2) (getting back to this eventually)

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Is it time for season 3 already?

Might have to make a list.

1 hour ago, Wxddlindan said:

Believe season 3 starts on the 1st July, so I'd go for it. Got a list together already :D 

Yep, thats correct, season 3 starts on july 1st, you can post your list anytime now!