A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

Season III; Update #4

Steins;Gate: I finally finished my first playthrough!  I really like this VN.  I heard great things about it, of course, but not everyone always has the same opinions.  But it is really good.  My only qualm is sometimes I wish you could preview both responses before sending them since sometimes the keyword you choose results in some weird responses by Okabe.  But other than that it was great.  I'm excited to work through the other endings and getting a bigger idea of the full story.

Overall

• Lost Dimension: Plat
  • Steins;Gate: Story
  • Kingdom Hearts: Story
  • World of Final Fantasy: Plat

Another Update Done!

My Progress:

L1acad9.png

Finally beat the grind-demanding boss in chapter 2, so i should be able to move at a faster pace through the game now!

Lefac08.png

Reached the end of episode 4, so only 2 more left.

L2787b1.png

Need only 1 more playthrough for Oxenfree

L3e44a9.png

I also Completed and plated Hellblade, but as i boight and played it right at release, im not going to include it in my backlog...

On 2017-08-13 at 11:22 AM, coldsphinx93 said:

Maybe I'll join too just for a little more motivation to actually play my games. Short list as I'm joining so late:

1. Adventure time secret of the nameless kingdom - platinum (33/36)

2. Mini ninjas - finish story 

3. Gundam breaker 3 - finish story [COMPLETE]

4. Ys memories of celceta - platinum (37/52)

5. Mei Q - finish story

I've been holding off the Ratchet & Clank plat for about a month now, just to make it my 200th plat. Which recently ended up happening. So that's anotehr game crossed off the list. It's a great reboot that I highly recommend.

Until the end of this season I'll probably be alternating between Watch Dogs 2 (I'll change my goal to getting the plat for this one) on workdays and Ar Nosurge on weekends. The I'll use a game that's not on the list (Aegis of Earth) as filler. That's the plan anyway

• Abyss Odyssey - get 100% - started Season II (7/10)
  • Killing Floor 2 - Plat (7/10)
  • Lego Marvel Avengers - plat (6/10)
  • Ride (PS4) - Plat (8/10)
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - plat (9/10)
  • Watch Dogs 2 - plat
  • Dead Effect 2 - finish story (6/10)
  • République - plat (8/10)
  • Apotheon - Try out the game (7/10)
  • Alone With You - plat (PS4) (2-6/10
  • Level 22 - 100% (6/10)
  • Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star - finish story

Small update: I finished WRC 4 (Platinum).

Well, I know I would not be able to finish all my listed games, but I was not expecting having a too slow pace on this event... (I think it's because I focused on games I had played on KYC 4 - like F1 2015 and Handball 16). At least, I will go on vacation from September 21st, so probably I can finish at least more 2~3 entries from my list before end of Season III (and my Season IV list will be considerably shorter...).

Season III; Update #5

Kingdom Hearts: I finished this game.  Ug, I love Kingdom Hearts so much.  it was my first video game ever and still it has a place in my heart.  And man, it's just a good game.  I'm going to work on cleaning up some miscellaneous trophies before I start on my next playthrough.

I may come back and add another goal soon, we'll see.  But for now, done!

Overall

• Lost Dimension: Plat
  • Steins;Gate: Story
  • Kingdom Hearts: Story
  • World of Final Fantasy: Plat
Edited by Alternatewarning

I'm new to this so I'm not sure if I'm following the rules or not.

Here are my games and the goals during October 1st till January 1st. 

1.) Horizon Zero Dawn - Platinum 

2.) Dishonored 2 - Platinum 

3.) RE: Revelations 2 - Platinum 

4.) Final Fantasy VII - Platinum 

Edited by Firefoxie

Small update: Truck Racer was Plat'ed by me.

Now I can say I will be able to finish at least five goals of Season III - three goals were aldeary completed, and due to near vacation, I'm planning finish the story mode of Ni no Kuni and/or Atelier Sophie, and Plat Punchline once for all... On the other hand, Rocket League keeps improbable, and it is highly possible that I will not even touch Infamous FL and/or Sly 3 this month...

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls || Goal: Platinum || Progress: 36/36 (100%)

Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal || Goal: Story completion || Progress: Chapter 7

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart || Goal: Story completion || Progress: Chapter 6

My first update has me finally getting the collectible trophies and a handful of other miscellaneous ones for the platinum in Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls. I beat it back in April 2016 so it took almost one and a half years to go back to it because I hated the game so much. I still don't like it, but there's some things that it does well like the Monoku-Man puzzles. I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone, though.

Two more tasks, I think I'll take on Dungeon Travelers 2 next.

With a busier summer than anticipated which is now over I've decided to change my list to tailor some of the games I play when I have the free time to (this list will carry over to season 4 as well most likely):

Season 3/Pre-4:

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Platinum (45% 29/51)

TWD: New Frontier - Platinum (0%)

Infamous Second Son - Platinum (7% 5/48)

AC Unity - 100% (70% 41/58)

I'll add to this list as it gets completed due to not knowing how much time I'll have available - but expect more to be added.

On 4.9.2017 at 7:10 PM, Firefoxie said:

I'm new to this so I'm not sure if I'm following the rules or not.

Here are my games I'd like to platinum during October 1st till January 1st. 

1.) Horizon Zero Dawm

2.) Dishonored 2

3.) Resident Evil Revelations 2

4.) Final Fantasy VII

Almost! Just choose a goal you want to achieve for each game (ie Platinum, Story, 100%, specific trophys,...)

• Like 1

Weekly Update #1:

This week I've managed to make some significant progress on Dragon Age Inquisition, aiming to get the platinum within the next couple of weeks, as well as some progress on Second Son in the form of a collectibles clean up. 

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Platinum (54% 34/51)

Infamous Second Son - Platinum (22% 15/48)

TWD: A New Frontier - Platinum (0%)

AC Unity - 100% (70% 41/58)

In addition to this I've decided to add two new games to my list:

TWD Season 2 - 100% (55% 20/40)

Minecraft Story Mode - 100% (13% 7/51)

Whilst they're both Taletale, I still figured it would achieve me a few S Ranks and Plats to help clean up my list - without taking up too much time to allow me to remain focused on inquisition :D 

SIII update:

I had 2 games left for S3

1- got the plat on Tearaway Unfolded.

Finally got it, took me about a year off the game to get back to it and enjoy the grind for the collectables and stuff.

2- Homefront: Revolution

I just have up on the game and even sold my copy of it. After many attempts to play it, I can say that I really disliked it. Bad graphics, glitches, complicated controls and bad story/caracters.

Here is my list for Season 4.

1. Assasins's Creed Revolution

Finish story and DLC story and minimum of 75% of trophies. Currently at chapter 4

2. Final Fantasy XV. Platinum.

Currently at 0%

3.Last of us. 

finish story + DLC with all the collectables. Currently at 0% of the story. My plan is that eventually before the release of the 2nd, to do the game + on survivor .

4. Batman Arkham asylum

Finish story and at least rank B.

Currently at 0%

5. Rise of the tomb Raider. Platinum.

Currently at 0%

6.Skyrim. Allready got the plat but finish all the DLCs 

Edit: I'll be starting my Season 4 around the 22nd of september. I'm currently out of the country for a month without gaming consoles so when I'll be back, I won't be able to wait another week before playing hehe.

Edited by dadoudelidou
  • Like 1

It's been quiet on my end for a while, as I've been playing games that weren't part of my list. I recently got the plat in Watch Dogs 2 though, so I have another reason to update.

The game is a lot of fun, even though the story and characters aren't particularly engaging. The city interaction and gameplay in general is phenomenal though. The online is fun as long as it's played on occasion, but there is no balancing at all so be prepared for some rally bullshit moments.

So the last game left is Ar nosruge, which I might end up carrying over to the next season, as it's a fairly long game and I only finished phase (chapter) 1 out of 3 so far.

Season III

• Abyss Odyssey - get 100% - started Season II (7/10)
  • Killing Floor 2 - Plat (7/10)
  • Lego Marvel Avengers - plat (6/10)
  • Ride (PS4) - Plat (8/10)
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - plat (9/10)
  • Watch Dogs 2 - plat (8/10)
  • Dead Effect 2 - finish story (6/10)
  • République - plat (8/10)
  • Apotheon - Try out the game (7/10)
  • Alone With You - plat (PS4) (2-6/10
  • Level 22 - 100% (6/10)
  • Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star - finish story

Eliminated from backlag:

Spoiler

• Killzone - Plat (Pre-season) - 4/10
  • Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition - Plat (planned for Season 1, completed during Pre-season) - 3/10
  • Borderlands - get last trophy for 100% (Season 1) - 8/10
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat (Season 1) - 5/10
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 6/10
  • Crysis  - Plat (Season 1) - 7/10
  • Lost Dimension - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 8/10
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat (Season 1) - 6/10
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Plat (Season 1) - 4/10
  • Dungeons 2 - Plat (Season 1) - 5/10
  • Need for Speed Rivals - gaining a few ranks as Racer/Cop - finished racer career  (Season 1) - getting back to this eventually 6/10
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue - Finish Story (Season 1) - 6/10

• Oceanhorn - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Valley - Finish Story - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Adventures of Mana - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Sword Coast Legends - Play through the story once (Season 2) - 8/10
  • Destroy All Humans - Plat (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Final Fantasy VII  - stopped playing as I didn't enjoy it (Season 2) - 5/10
  • Far Cry Primal - plat (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Sword Art Online Lost Song - Finish Story (Season 2) - 7/10

• Neon Chrome - try it out and see how it goes (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Severed - get some general progress done (Season 2) - getting back to this eventually
  • Fallout 4 - complete DLCs (Season 2) - 5/10 this is just referring to the DLC quality combined

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

I think ill join this 

Danganronpa 1+2 reload status:70%  goal:plat before danganronpa v3 is out

Danganronpa v3 (i know its out yet) goal: 50 percent before next season

ni no kuni wraith of the white witch: trophy staus 2%  goal: finish the story before 2

stardew valley goal:50% trophy status

Edited by LBPfool
adding on to goal of danganropa 1+2 reload
  • Like 1

Seeing as I'll be focusing on Child of Light and Stick of Truth for most of this month, I guess I might as well put up my list for season 4.

• Ar nosruge - finish story (started in S3)
  • Earth's Dawn - try out the game
  • Apotheon - make some general progress (started in S3)
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 - play through the story once
  • Ray Gigant - make some general progress (currently in chapter 2)

I might end up changing my mind about a few of these before S4 starts, but for now that's what I'll be going with.

Eliminated from backlog (updated)

Spoiler

Pre-Season

• Killzone - Plat  - 4/10
  • Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition - Plat - 3/10

Season I

• Borderlands - get last trophy for 100% - 8/10
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat - 5/10
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat - 6/10
  • Crysis  - Plat - 7/10
  • Lost Dimension - Plat - 8/10
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat - 6/10
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Plat - 4/10
  • Dungeons 2 - Plat - 5/10
  • Need for Speed Rivals - gaining a few ranks as Racer/Cop - finished racer career  - getting back to this eventually 6/10
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue - Finish Story - 6/10

Season II

• Oceanhorn - Plat - 6/10
  • Valley - Finish Story - Plat - 6/10
  • Adventures of Mana - Plat - 6/10
  • Sword Coast Legends - Play through the story once - 8/10
  • Destroy All Humans - Plat - 7/10
  • Final Fantasy VII  - stopped playing as I didn't enjoy it - 5/10
  • Far Cry Primal - plat - 7/10
  • Sword Art Online Lost Song - Finish Story - 7/10

• Neon Chrome - try it out and see how it goes - 6/10
  • Severed - get some general progress done - getting back to this eventually
  • Fallout 4 - complete DLCs - 5/10 this is just referring to the DLC quality combined, if it weren't for the workshop-related DLC, it would have been a 7/10

Season III

• Abyss Odyssey - get 100% - 7/10
  • Killing Floor 2 - Plat - 7/10
  • Lego Marvel Avengers - Plat - 6/10
  • Ride (PS4) - Plat  8/10
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - Plat - 9/10
  • Watch Dogs 2 - plat - 8/10
  • Dead Effect 2 - finish story - 6/10
  • République - plat - 8/10
  • Apotheon - Try out the game - 7/10
  • Alone With You - plat (PS4) - 2-6/10 With each playthrough (5x) it becomes less enjoyable
  • Level 22 - get 100% - 6/10

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

So let's say I wanted to join the October 1st  start date. I am also doing the boost your trophy grade challenge and trying to remove my D and E ranks. Could I make my goal for games on here be reaching a C rank? Or does it need to be something bigger than that like story completion?

Edited by colinmazzini
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, colinmazzini said:

So let's say I wanted to join the October 1st  start date. I am also doing the boost your trophy grade challenge and trying to remove my D and E ranks. Could I make my goal for games on here be reaching a C rank? Or does it need to be something bigger than that like story completion?

I'm fairly certain that it would qualify for this event, as essentially you're setting yourself a goal to work towards. Which in the end isn't all that different from what everyone else is doing.

• Like 1

Update done!

On 14.9.2017 at 4:02 PM, colinmazzini said:

Yes, rankings are valid goals!

YpGVlq0.jpg

I FINALLY(!) managed to finish the original Mass Effect! I never had an Xbox, and the Mass Effect Trilogy was pretty much the only thing i wished i had one for... So when ME 2 released in January 2011. i got it on launch, played until March and got 22% of the throphies. At some point i heard that ME1 was coming to Playstation, so i stopped playing ME2, so i could experience the trilogy from the start. In December 2012 i got ME1 and started it for the first time, only got 4 trophies and stopped.

This time i want to get though through the whole trilogy and i finally got through the first part :)

The game itself didnt age very well in my opinion, but considering its age, thats understandable. If it was a standalone title, i probably wouldnt even have played it, but i see it as the start of the trilogy and hope the later games have aged better :)

But before tarting ME 2, i want to add a different PS3 game to my list:

Laf972f.png

Okami is one of my favorite games ever. I finished it back on PS2, and started playing the HD remaster on PS3, but never finished it there. Now that it has been announced for PS4 i want to plat it on PS3 before it releases on PS4, and probably play it again there. So ill add it to my list with the Platinum as goal.

Edited by gernboes
  • Like 2

Weekly Update #2:

Over the course of the week I've managed to platinum Infamous Second Son, make some general progress regarding a couple of my telltale games and cleared up all social club and rift missions for Unity, so overall a decent week :D 

S3/Pre-4:

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Platinum (58% 35/51)

Infamous Second Son - Platinum 

TWD: A New Frontier - Platinum (0%)

AC Unity - 100% (76% 45/58)

TWD Season 2 - 100% (73% 28/40)

Minecraft Story Mode - 100% (19% 11/51)

• The Secret of Monkey Island || PS3 || Start 9% (E) || Goal: Story + Rank A || Finished at 80% (A)

I've finished Monkey Island, I had played the first act years ago but started over as I couldn't remember any of it, I might go back and do the speed run and other miscellaneous trophies at some point but not now.

Season III

• Mass Effect 3 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion+ Rank A || Current: 1% (E)
  • Assassins Creed || PS3 || Goal: Story Completion ||
  • The Secret of Monkey Island || PS3 || Start 9% (E) || Goal: Story + Rank A || Finished at 80% (A)
  • Frobisher Says || Vita || Start 10% (D) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round || PS4 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Rank A || Current: 37% (C)
  • NCIS || PS3 || Start 52% (D) || Goal: Platinum ||
  • Tropico 5 || PS4 || Start 6% (D) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A || Current: 17% (A)
  • Shadow of Mordor || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A ||

Eliminated from Backlog

• Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4
  • Ghostbusters || PS3
  • Mass Effect || PS3
  • Contrast || PS4
  • Mass Effect 2 || PS3
  • Motorstorm RC || Vita
  • Little Deviants || Vita
  • Outrun || PS3
  • Game of Thrones || PS4
  • Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 5 || PS3
  • The Secret of Monkey Island || PS3
Edited by richtayls

I ended up finishing and platting Ar nosurge during this season after all. Was a bit unexpected as the average completion time for this one is 40-50 hours, but I ended up needing only 30.

Was a really cool game with some neat new and different mechanics. I definitely recommend it, if you're into JRPGs and don't mind occasional corny dialogues (it's a sci-fi romance novel kind of game after all. The game is very dialogue heavy (90% can be skipped though), so that might be a bit of a turn off for some people. It's one of those underrated games, similar to Lost Dimension and Time and Eternity.

With that in mind I'm going to update my lists accordingly.

Season IV

• Earth's Dawn - finish the story
  • Apotheon - make some progress (started in S3)
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 - plat
  • Ray Gigant - make some progress (currently in chapter 2)

Let's see how many I can get through during the upcoming 3 months. Might add one or another game from PS Plus or so down the line.

Eliminated from backlog (updated):

Spoiler

Pre-Season

• Killzone - Plat  - 4/10
  • Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition - Plat - 3/10

Season I

• Borderlands - get last trophy for 100% - 8/10
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat - 5/10
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat - 6/10
  • Crysis  - Plat - 7/10
  • Lost Dimension - Plat - 8/10
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat - 6/10
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Plat - 4/10
  • Dungeons 2 - Plat - 5/10
  • Need for Speed Rivals - gaining a few ranks as Racer/Cop - finished racer career  - getting back to this eventually 6/10
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue - Finish Story - 6/10

Season II

• Oceanhorn - Plat - 6/10
  • Valley - Finish Story - Plat - 6/10
  • Adventures of Mana - Plat - 6/10
  • Sword Coast Legends - Play through the story once - 8/10
  • Destroy All Humans - Plat - 7/10
  • Final Fantasy VII  - stopped playing as I didn't enjoy it - 5/10
  • Far Cry Primal - plat - 7/10
  • Sword Art Online Lost Song - Finish Story - 7/10

• Neon Chrome - try it out and see how it goes - 6/10
  • Severed - get some general progress done - getting back to this eventually
  • Fallout 4 - complete DLCs - 5/10 this is just referring to the DLC quality combined, if it weren't for the workshop-related DLC, it would have been a 7/10

Season III

• Abyss Odyssey - get 100% - 7/10
  • Killing Floor 2 - Plat - 7/10
  • Lego Marvel Avengers - Plat - 6/10
  • Ride (PS4) - Plat  8/10
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - Plat - 9/10
  • Watch Dogs 2 - plat - 8/10
  • Dead Effect 2 - finish story - 6/10
  • République - plat - 8/10
  • Apotheon - Try out the game - going to continue with this one in season 3
  • Alone With You - plat (PS4) - 2-6/10 With each playthrough (5x) it becomes less enjoyable
  • Level 22 - get 100% - 6/10
  • Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star - plat - 7.5/10

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Hi. I'm new to this community backlog challenge thing. Gonna post some targets I hope to achieve by the end of the year; I have a big backlog with not much time due to school work.

Targets:

Infinite Warfare - Platinum

Watch Dogs 2 - Platinum

Resogun - 100% on PS4

Uncharted 3 - go back and get platinum with 100% on PS4

Uncharted 4 - go back and platinum + 100%. Already done the dlc though.

Heavy Rain - go back and platinum.

Start The Last Guardian and get the platinum

Start Assassin's Creed Revelations and get the platinum