A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

I would like to join for season 1 with these games:

Rise of the Tomb Raider; (Goal: 61% -> 100%)

Watch Dogs 2 (goal 10% -> Plat)

Far Cry 4 (goal: Story Completed)

Mafia 2 (goal: 57% -> Plat)

Persona 4 Golden (goal: 1% -> Story Completed)

Cool idea man :awesome: 

Well anyways my plan was to start with WD2.

Edited by Bumperklever

I'm in. 

Red Dead Redemption currently at 1% - Goal: Finish the game

Mass Effect currently at 2% - Goal: Finish the game

Remember Me currently at 4% (not looking forward to this one, looks like a fairly easy plat but don't really like the controls at all!) - Goal: Finish the game

On 29/12/2016 at 1:29 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Season 1:

• Borderlands (98%) - 1 character level (grinding levels for 100%, which is taking forever)
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead (23%) - Plat
  • Monster Monpiece (in case I won't finish it during the pre-season) (81%) - Plat
  • Risen 3 Enhanced Edition (77%) - Plat
  • Crysis (12%) - Plat

PS: percentages might change, as I'm playing a few of these during this month.

Well, I can't progress further in Risen 3, I'm in the final part of the game and 90% of the textures stopped rendering, which makes the plat impossible to get as I can't navigate through several floors of a tower without knowing where up or down is. Good times.

Was able to get the plat in the end, I guess it can get crossed of the list after all. Thank fuck for that.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
managed to find a workaround

Update #1: Remember Me was as annoying as I remember it. The combo system is great in theory but its more or less impossible to get a grip on when being new to the system. I don't get why you get a new combo option when you can't fill it up. The camera is generally bad, especially during platforming and bossfights (Kid X-mas). Instructions are irritatingly vague even though the game is spammed with tutorial/guiding sequences. Someone told me it will get better when I unlock more senses. During the Kid X-mas fight I lowered the gameplay setting to motivate myself to continue. Bagged three trophies which doubled my percentage from 4 to 8. Always something!

Can I join please

Season 1

1. Assassin Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper DLC

Goal: 100%

Current: 0%

2. L.A Noire

Goal: Overall 100%

- Main game - get 7 unearned trophies

- A Slip of the Tongue DLC - get 2 unearned trophies

- The Naked City - get 3 unearned trophies

- Nicholson Electroplating DLC - get 1 unearned trophy

Current:

Main Game: 75%

A Slip of the Tongue DLC: 80%

The Naked City DLC: 70%

Nicholson electroplating DLC: 90%

Reefer Madness DLC: 100%

3. Fahrenheit

Goal: Platinum

Current: 6%

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that the lack of updates lately was only due to a quite busy holiday season. I will do the next proper update tomorrow. BUt i really wanted to post my own Season I list before midnight :)

So, my list will be the following:

Wet || PS3 || Story complete

Lollipop Chainsaw || PS3 || Story complete

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Depair Girls || VITA || Story complete

Uncharted: Golden Abyss || VITA || Story complete

Assassins Creed Unity || PS4 || Story complete

Firewatch || PS4 || Story complete

So, thats two games per system, and all goals are Story only. I will probably go for one or two plats, but i have to check which ones are manageable. I will also post more infos about the individual games on my list tomorrow, just wanted this to be done :)

First time doing something like this. And it's January 1st today so why not

Season 1

Sonic and Sega all stars racing 40%

Goal- Platinum/100%

Harry Potter and the half blood prince 72%

Goal- Platinum/100%

Need for speed shift 3%

Goal- Platinum/100% 

Ratchet and Clank all 4 one 27%

Goal- Platinum/100%

Batman Arkham asylum 24%

Goal- Platinum/100%

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 10%

Goal- Platinum/100%

Edited by MiseryMystery

Ok, so i was in the middle of updating - or, to be more precise, doing the OP new from the ground up, because of changing the sort order - and i must have taken too long, because it seemed to have timed out and all editing was gone... im starting over now and will be pre-editing in word, and then just copy&pasting. 

This left me a little bit frustrated, because ive been working on it quite some time, so im not sure if i will be done with it today. If not, i will finis it on the 4th of january, becuase te next two days im at work an wont be able to make any progress.

1 hour ago, gernboes said:

Ok, so i was in the middle of updating - or, to be more precise, doing the OP new from the ground up, because of changing the sort order - and i must have taken too long, because it seemed to have timed out and all editing was gone... im starting over now and will be pre-editing in word, and then just copy&pasting.

You might want to consider setting up a spreadsheet instead and just linking to it in the OP, it could make it easier for you to keep track of the participants in each new season of the event.

I'll probably sign up, haven't quite decided which games yet.

So, the update is done, but im not entirely finished, links to the profiles of some new participants are still missing, and for some reason the formatting just wont work as intended... In my pre-edited document, everything is the same format, but when pasting into the forum editor, some stuff suddenly is differently formatted, for whatever reason...

A few things about the update. I moved completed games from the pre season list to the new "Eliminated" list. I will keep all pre season lists with the remaining games for the duration of the first season, so there is enough time for any remaining updates. So, for future seasons, there will always be the list of the previous season, the list of the current season, and the list of eliminated games from all season combined. If your update is final and you want your list of the previous season removed, just tell me so (it would look tidier this way). I hope i wrote this in a way everybody can understand :) (english isnt my first language, if you havent noticed ;))

49 minutes ago, Fitzquaid said:

You might want to consider setting up a spreadsheet instead and just linking to it in the OP, it could make it easier for you to keep track of the participants in each new season of the event.

I'll probably sign up, haven't quite decided which games yet.

Thanks, i might consider that, seeing the new forum editor is a pain in the ass...

35 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Nice thread.

If I still can join, these would be my games for season 1

Shantae Risky's revenge (100%)

Nights of Azure (Platinum)

Mafia 2 (platinum and DLC)

POP The two thrones (Platinum)

Sure, you can join. But i will include you in the next update!

Edited by gernboes
  • Like 2

Yay Season 1 has finally started :)

I'll probably get to it starting wednesday (my day off from work) and I'll attack Heavy Rain.

I just had a look at my backlog and I think I'll be around for a while in this topic

Backlog update December 2015:

Spoiler

Games on backlog begin of the month: 155

Games added to the backlog during the month (new games + finished games that released new trophies): 24

Games removed from backlog (100% finished): 5

Games on backlog end of the month: 174

Finished games:

Orc Slayer

Spoiler

In this game you're a human that tries to slay orcs after they took over the world, basically it's a shooter and you try to kill everything that moves: mostly orcs but also other stuff like flying pigs. A pretty easy game to finish but a fun no-brainer shooter.

Letter Quest Remastered

Spoiler

In this game you kill enemies by forming words. It came free as a PS+ game so I gave it a try. Eventhough it's much of the same it managed to keep me going untill all trophies were obtained

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops

Spoiler

Another free PS+ game (although I bought the DLC to get to 100%). In this game you control an army and you have to kill the enemy (and destroy their buildings and tanks, ...) and even zombies. A pretty fun game and definately one I would advice everyone to try. 

ZOMBI

Spoiler

Another game that came free with PS+, but a big game nevertheless. It's a survivor horror game that I found pretty interesting. Ok, there are some unrealistic things going on (offcourse zombies will carry a gastank on their back!) but if you can look past that the game is quite interesting and challenging. It's not your average zombieshooter but a real survivor game. To complete the game 3 playthroughs are needed (difficulty doesn't stack) and I can tell you that survivor mode is quite the PITA. A platinum I'm proud off though!

Color Guardians

Spoiler

Last but not least Color Guardians: the 4th game I finished this month that came from PS+. It's a rythmic based game that can proove itself harder than you'd expect, but practice makes perfect and so I managed to get all the trophies. 

All by all not a bad month finishing 5 games but the sales have made a huge inpact on the number of games on my backlog

I hope it's ok that I did this backlog update, if it's allowed I plan on doing it each month (in spoilers so those who don't want to read it can easily skip it)

Happy new year and happy trophy hunting to all!

Alright, I guess I'll make my first update for season 1.

• Borderlands (98%) - 1 character level (grinding levels for 100%, which is taking forever)
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead (23%) - Plat
  • Monster Monpiece (in case I won't finish it during the pre-season) (81%) - Plat
  • Risen 3 Enhanced Edition (77%) - Plat
  • Crysis (12%) - Plat

Risen 3:

Technically I still platted Risen 3 last month, so I guess it doesn't really count. Nevertheless I'll give my thoughts on it. To sum it up, it's an action RPG, with heavy focus on quests, some of them interesting, most mundane. The combat system is very simplistic and not fleshed out well. It's very similar to the "Gothic" franchise, which is to be expected I guess considering it's from the same developer. Although it feels fairly unpolished, t still was fun and hours went by playing it. From chapter 3 onwards though, a lot of technical problems crept up. Character suspended in the air, stopping game progression. NPCs and environments not rendering, the latter happening more and more frequently the further I got in the game.

Anyway, I don't recommend it due to the graphical mess it turn into. I'M baffled how this was re.released for PS4 in this state. Not to mention that most of it's weak points were also present in the first 3 Gothic games and it seems the developers learned fuck all since then.

Crysis:

I'm an FPS fan, more so from the old school variant (Doom, Quake, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem) than the military shooter kind.

Over the past months I finished up Far Cry Classic and Killzone and I didn't like either very much. Crysis on the other hand I enjoyed for the most part. Yes, it's somewhat dated by today's standards, but that doesn't really matter to a game's quality. Being able to stealth through basically the whole game or shoot your way through is a nice option to have. The weapons felt great (contrary to the other 2 previously mentioned titles)

So if I had to recommend one digital only FPS, it would be this one (and Far Cry Blood Dragon).

I might add another playthrough of Lost Dimension to the list for season 1, as I finished up 2 of the games on the list already. Or I stop procrastinating with Monster Monpiece.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

16 hours ago, gernboes said:

So, the update is done, but im not entirely finished, links to the profiles of some new participants are still missing, and for some reason the formatting just wont work as intended... In my pre-edited document, everything is the same format, but when pasting into the forum editor, some stuff suddenly is differently formatted, for whatever reason...

A few things about the update. I moved completed games from the pre season list to the new "Eliminated" list. I will keep all pre season lists with the remaining games for the duration of the first season, so there is enough time for any remaining updates. So, for future seasons, there will always be the list of the previous season, the list of the current season, and the list of eliminated games from all season combined. If your update is final and you want your list of the previous season removed, just tell me so (it would look tidier this way). I hope i wrote this in a way everybody can understand :) (english isnt my first language, if you havent noticed ;))

Good to know, I saw the OP before reading this post so I was wondering how you'd handle the eliminated list after multiple seasons.

Seeing as percentage statistics disappear (which I have no problem with), I think I'll stop updating "current" percentages. I don't really care for those end statistics anyway since I'm not a completionist and care about "finish the story" more than "get the platinum". I do think it'd be nice to keep platform info though, and starting percentage is good to know for how much in my backlog the game was. So my list would look like this:

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%

Eliminated from Backlog

• Actual Sunlight (Vita)
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

In other news, I'm probably buying Psychonauts and Metal Slug Anthology in the current sale. I've played through none of those before, but I did play Metal Slug 2 on an actual arcade machine. If I buy them I'll use them for this event as well as for my own nostalgia gaming event. I've got much more games in that event but for this backlog event, I only want to mention PS4/PS3/Vita games.

@BillyHorrible I would actualy like to keep the platform info in the eliminated list, but not everybody provides that info, and i decided in favor of a unified look and against keeping it in some cases and omiting it in others... (but if you want it included, and keep providing formatted lists, no problem!) 

Personaly, i will continue to post start and end percentages, as well as ranks, but only in my updates, i dont care for them in the op. 

Also, somebody has suggested a method that might solve my problem with formatting, so i hope i will get that sorted out. 

Edited by gernboes
Typos

First update for Season 1:

I completed Escape Plan finally, will need another playthrough on certain levels to collect 3 stars etc.

It's a really lovely game, its all in black and white with some exceptions. I love Lil and Laarg they are totally adorable characters and playing at this time of the year all dressed for Christmas :wub:

The puzzles are mixed from really easy to just frustrating.

The only negative feedback I can think for this game is just some of the controls are just random and you can't control where Lil is going to float too when you do those levels :jaymon:

Will be working on getting the rest of the trophies for the main game this week then moving onto the next title which I haven't decided what yet.

:lol:

On 2-1-2017 at 10:49 AM, gernboes said:

@BillyHorrible I would actualy like to keep the platform info in the eliminated list, but not everybody provides that info, and i decided in favor of a unified look and against keeping it in some cases and omiting it in others... (but if you want it included, and keep providing formatted lists, no problem!) 

Personaly, i will continue to post start and end percentages, as well as ranks, but only in my updates, i dont care for them in the op. 

Also, somebody has suggested a method that might solve my problem with formatting, so i hope i will get that sorted out. 

Sure, I'll keep providing complete lists :)

I can do percentage updates if people like that kind of info but I won't put it in the main stats either.

I also figured that without percentages, it might be good in the "elminated" list to mention which ones have been fully completed, like so:

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

I'm currently on 25% for AC Revelations by the way, planning on doing a big update once I get through its story.

On 18/11/2016 at 10:36 AM, gernboes said:

Season I:

• Heavy Rain (PS4): current 90% / goal: platinum (100%) / last trophy obtained: September 16th 2016 
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4): current 24% / goal: platinum / last trophy obtained: January 5th 2016
  • Super Exploding Zoo! (PS4): current 12% / goal: platinum / last trophy obtained: July 30th 2015 

A first update here:

I've played Heavy Rain all day and needed 3 more playthroughs to get it done, but I finally have the platinum, so that's 1 game done, next up will be Super Exploding Zoo! (not looking forward to it)

Update.

Call of Duty: AW.   Story completed

Being absolutely not a fan of military FPS, i wasn't expecting much of this title at first so it explains why it sat for so long in my backlog.

I actually enjoyed the campain! Short but efficient, i might even try at some point other COD titles. The only thing that bothered me was the final boss fight.. Way too easy..

Next : God of War III , never played a GoW game in my life, i'm apparently in for one hell of a fun ride B)

• Like 1

Update:

L50c47f.png

During pre-season, I finished the story and went on to Brotherhood, then during the holidays I went back to it to do some side stuff since I did not have time to play long sequences, what with family visitors and all. I am now plucking away at the remaining feathers (got about half of them left), there's three more Assassin Tombs, most of Subject 16's videos and some of the random trophies. This is already the only AC game I've 100%ed twice (once on X360 as my very first 100%, once on PS3) and now is going to be lucky number three while it's also going to be my thirtieth platinum.

I really like how much better the view is in this 'remaster', though the facial animations have become a bit narmy - special mention goes out to the woman that Duccio is seducing.

I really enjoyed replaying this game once more. Italy is awesome and Ezio is one of my favourite assassins, and even if they still do some crazy stuff in this game (why the hell don't they just all run after Borgia and get it over with?) and the controls were not as fluent as in later games, it's still a game that deserves to be called a classic.

My only hope is that some day, II and Brotherhood will be streamlined into a single new game, to see Ezio and Italy with real current gen graphics.

L653f2d.png

I played through the main story but not through the DLC (yet). Looking forward to 100% completing this game for the first time now that multiplayer has been removed.

I believe this game to be as good as, if not better than, AC II. The only thing which I keep having problems with is the crying Lucrezia, which is like a child with a boo-boo and goes on for way too long if you don't immediately know which wall to drop down from.

Lcf8953.png

This game probably benefits the most from the 'remaster'. During my replay on PS3, it became obvious just how bad the viewing distance was, and with that I mean how the whole city looked like a bunch of cardboard boxes stacked next to each other.

I think I actually like this game a lot more now in the remake than I did back when I first played it, don't know why.

By the by, I noticed that animus data fragments are not needed any more for the Desmond sequences, which is why I played through those all right at the start.

S4bdaf3.pngSab1941.pngSc60d32.png

I really liked playing through the Ezio games on PS4, though the most fun I'll get out of this is 100%ing Brotherhood and Revelations for the first time. As big as an AC fan as I am, the prospect of having 100%ed all main games is the biggest draw for me (having less games to keep the PS3 around for helps), I even decided to play through the AC III and AC Black Flag multiplayer (III done, Black Flag to go).

List:

Spoiler

Season I

• Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3%

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 57% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 0%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Seeing as "season 1" lasts three months, I'm going to have to think about putting another game on there - only things I have left now are 100%ing AC II (which should not take long) and LEGO Marvel's Avengers (which I'm only playing when the missus joins in). I don't really feel like going through everything from AC right away - it's going to be a long term goal. Come to think about it, @gernboes, I think I'm going to add some yearly goals, if you don't mind. It's stuff that I want to do this year but not in one go or even in a specific season. I'll keep AC II on S1 since I've already put it there and I've gone through most of the stuff already bot the other two games don't go in a specific month.

Back on the topic of another game to choose for season 1... I am heavily conflicted about the current sale. I kind of really want to get Psychonauts, Metal Slug Anthology and ICO / Shadow Of The Colossus, but part of me is saying no because I have so many games already in my possession... One particularly persistent part of my brain is going "Remember when you started and really enjoyed Bloodborne, but stopped because of an event? Perhaps you should just go back to that..."

I am really in doubts about what to do. Perhaps I'll just buy Metal Slug Anthology and Psychonauts (I can say no to ICO/Shadow easier because it's on PS3), and I'll still start on Bloodborne... What to do, what to do...

Fuck it. I am going to continue on Bloodborne. There, I said it. You hearing this, @MMDE? I'M DOING BLOODBORNE AGAIN! I might still buy Metal Slug Anthology (fun retro games that don't take that long to play through) and Psychonauts (fun retro platformer made by Double Fine) but other than that I still want to focus on my backlog games, there's too many gems in there that I have not played through yet. I haven't even done The Witcher 3, for crying out loud! With how much fun Bloodborne became after I got the hang of it, it's a shame that I stopped playing (because of the first KYC event and after that I kept getting distracted by other games).

Doing Bloodborne means I want some long time blocks to play so I'll definitely want to play some other stuff when I know I only have an hour or so (or when the missus is home because I just know she'll start talking to me even though I'll explain every time that I can't pause Bloodborne), I will mostly fill this by my yearly goals I think.

P.S. @gernboes: I just realised, in the OP you've talked about not removing games from lists once they're on there but now in the new list set-up, older seasons are removed anyways. Just an observation.