A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I am really in doubts about what to do. Perhaps I'll just buy Metal Slug Anthology and Psychonauts (I can say no to ICO/Shadow easier because it's on PS3), and I'll still start on Bloodborne... What to do, what to do...

Fuck it. I am going to continue on Bloodborne. There, I said it. You hearing this, @MMDE? I'M DOING BLOODBORNE AGAIN! I might still buy Metal Slug Anthology (fun retro games that don't take that long to play through) and Psychonauts (fun retro platformer made by Double Fine) but other than that I still want to focus on my backlog games, there's too many gems in there that I have not played through yet. I haven't even done The Witcher 3, for crying out loud! With how much fun Bloodborne became after I got the hang of it, it's a shame that I stopped playing (because of the first KYC event and after that I kept getting distracted by other games).

ICO/Shadow and Bloodborne are all great games. When it comes to difficulty, I'd rank Bloodborne the easiest by far, then ICO then Shadow of the Colossus. ;p I still haven't got the platinum for Shadow, and it's mainly due to 2 bosses in hard time attack! ;\ I guess I will have to try on those again at some point. ICO got this speedrun, a bit requiring, but nothing mind blowing. Shadow is just painful with it's hard time attack. The bosses takes longer to kill on hard, as they got more weak spots you gotta do then, and I think you got less time than on normal too. :(

I bought Psychonauts, will do that at some point. Played it a bit on PS2, but never finished it, as I wasn't that huge of a fan. With trophies I might give it more of a chance.

22 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Doing Bloodborne means I want some long time blocks to play so I'll definitely want to play some other stuff when I know I only have an hour or so (or when the missus is home because I just know she'll start talking to me even though I'll explain every time that I can't pause Bloodborne), I will mostly fill this by my yearly goals I think.

There is a workaround. Just quit the game when your "missus" needs you. It will save your exact location and enemies killed etc. Won't work in the middle of a boss fight or in the middle of some intense action or anything, but most of the time you can just walk slowly away in some corner away from any enemy and just quit the game. From there you can just load the game back up and you will be on the exact same location with the same enemies killed. Enemies not killed will have their full health back I think. This works as a "pause" function, just so you know. :)

48 minutes ago, MMDE said:

ICO/Shadow and Bloodborne are all great games. When it comes to difficulty, I'd rank Bloodborne the easiest by far, then ICO then Shadow of the Colossus. ;p I still haven't got the platinum for Shadow, and it's mainly due to 2 bosses in hard time attack! ;\ I guess I will have to try on those again at some point. ICO got this speedrun, a bit requiring, but nothing mind blowing. Shadow is just painful with it's hard time attack. The bosses takes longer to kill on hard, as they got more weak spots you gotta do then, and I think you got less time than on normal too. :(

I bought Psychonauts, will do that at some point. Played it a bit on PS2, but never finished it, as I wasn't that huge of a fan. With trophies I might give it more of a chance.

There is a workaround. Just quit the game when your "missus" needs you. It will save your exact location and enemies killed etc. Won't work in the middle of a boss fight or in the middle of some intense action or anything, but most of the time you can just walk slowly away in some corner away from any enemy and just quit the game. From there you can just load the game back up and you will be on the exact same location with the same enemies killed. Enemies not killed will have their full health back I think. This works as a "pause" function, just so you know. :)

Yeah all of those games I'm in doubts about buying seem to be universally regarded as great. I've played at least one of the Metal Slugs on an actual arcade machine, and going by the trailers they've aged quite well. I never played ICO, Shadow, Psychonauts or any of the remaining Metal Slugs but I've heard loads about Shadow, I love the Psychonaut devs and seeing as I like one Metal Slug, I will probably like them all. As I'm not a completionist, I will probably not be going for the platinum trophies (except for maybe Psychonauts) so I should have little to no frustrations with these games :)

Well, I wanted to imply that my wife seems to subconsciously feel when I am in the middle of something that I can't be destracted while attempting, like bossfights in Bloodborne or attempting a perfect run in something, and then start talking to me right off the bat so with these games I'd rather just play while she's not home.

Edited by BillyHorrible
ctrl+enter instead of shift+enter made me publish post before it was ready

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah all of those games I'm in doubts about buying seem to be universally regarded as great. I've played at least one of the Metal Slugs on an actual arcade machine, and going by the trailers they've aged quite well. I never played ICO, Shadow, Psychonauts or any of the remaining Metal Slugs but I've heard loads about Shadow, I love the Psychonaut devs and seeing as I like one Metal Slug, I will probably like them all. As I'm not a completionist, I will probably not be going for the platinum trophies (except for maybe Psychonauts) so I should have little to no frustrations with these games :)

Well, I wanted to imply that my wife seems to subconsciously feel when I am in the middle of something that I can't be destracted while attempting, like bossfights in Bloodborne or attempting a perfect run in something, and then start talking to me right off the bat so with these games I'd rather just play while she's not home.

lol, k. Well, if not going for the trophies, then both ICO and especially Shadow of the Colossus is a really good time. Shadow is little more than riding around in a big beautiful world to the location of the next big boss you gotta figure out how to climb and kill. 16 of these bosses, and that's it really. There's things like a lot of limited fruits you can eat to gain more health, which are well hidden all over the world. There are also lizards with a white tail that you can shoot and eat the tail to get more stamina. These are also well hidden all over the world and limited. Stamina allows you to hang on and climb for a longer amount of time. Also greater stabs. If you get enough stamina you can climb to an easter egg location at the top of the massive temple you start at. It's MASSIVE, and takes several playthroughs to get enough stamina to climb. Was more interesting stuff there in the PS2 demo. You also got hard mode where bosses have more weak spots you gotta harm them in and there's also time attack in NG+ which gives you new equipment and interesting strange stuff for completing. Even different stuff between hard and normal time attack. :S

Bloodborne is honestly pretty easy, and the platinum is definitely worth going for, if for no other reason than to experience the entire game. Honestly not much more to it. Just remember to take backup of your save before ending your first playthrough. Only a handful of missable stuff, but you can do it in NG+ where everything carries over.

ICO is just a relaxing, for the most part, 3D puzzle platformer, with some few basic stressful hack n slash battles once in a while. You get to explore a massive beautiful castle and just get lost in this far away world.

• Like 1

Well, I just bought Psychonauts and Metal Slug Anthology.

I still might buy ICO and Colossus, mind you, but I'm on my PS4 now.

I want to do Psychonauts during the KYC3 event in March at the latest so I'm putting it on my list for S1. Apparently I had deleted the Bloodborne update files so while it's busy fownloading I'm going to do some AC II, and I'm thinking about doing the first Metal Slug. I'm going to put the first Metal Slug on my S1 list anyway, even if I don't get to it today.

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS1
  • Psychonauts || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 57% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 0%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

On 1.1.2017 at 10:54 PM, Fredoline05 said:

I hope it's ok that I did this backlog update, if it's allowed I plan on doing it each month (in spoilers so those who don't want to read it can easily skip it)

Of course you can include those. I actually could see me posting similar stuff, but i think im too lazy to maintain such a list :)

On 5.1.2017 at 8:53 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Seeing as "season 1" lasts three months, I'm going to have to think about putting another game on there - only things I have left now are 100%ing AC II (which should not take long) and LEGO Marvel's Avengers (which I'm only playing when the missus joins in). I don't really feel like going through everything from AC right away - it's going to be a long term goal. Come to think about it, @gernboes, I think I'm going to add some yearly goals, if you don't mind. It's stuff that I want to do this year but not in one go or even in a specific season. I'll keep AC II on S1 since I've already put it there and I've gone through most of the stuff already bot the other two games don't go in a specific month.

P.S. @gernboes: I just realised, in the OP you've talked about not removing games from lists once they're on there but now in the new list set-up, older seasons are removed anyways. Just an observation.

Yearly goals are fine with me, maybe ill do some of them too, skyrim for example or Bloodborne are games i propably just wont complete in three months.

With not removing games from the list, i just meant during the season, so that you have to commit to your list and not randomly abandon games and switch to other games. When a season is finished, you have the choice of taking those games into the next season or take them of the list, so thats your cance to get rid of abandoned games. If i wouldnt allow that, people could end up with abandoned games sitting on their list and blocking those spaces

Also regarding size of the lists and the duration of the seasons, as i already mentioned at some point, im thinking about raising the limit, as i can see 6 games being to less in some cases (short games, or high starting percentages,...) Im just undecided as how to handle this... I dont want people to feel like they have to meet the limit and then having the same situation as with a big backlog in the first place, i want this to be a focused list that can be handled. So i thought about requirements to increase the list. For example, if you completed 3 out of your 6 goals, you can add up to another 3 games... Or if 4 are completed? Or something else? Im open for suggestions here! :)

Ill propably do the next update today.

Edited by gernboes
formatting test

5 minutes ago, gernboes said:

Yearly goals are fine with me, maybe ill do some of them too, skyrim for example or Bloodborne are games i propably just wont complete in three months.

With not removing games from the list, i just meant during the season, so that you have to commit to your list and not randomly abandon games and switch to other games. When a season is finished, you have the choice of taking those games into the next season or take them of the list, so thats your cance to get rid of abandoned games. If i wouldnt allow that, people could end up with abandoned games sitting on their list and blocking those spaces

Also regarding size of the lists and the duration of the seasons, as i already mentioned at some point, im thinking about raising the limit, as i can see 6 games being to less in some cases (short games, or high starting percentages,...) Im just undecided as how to handle this... I dont want people to feel like they have to meet the limit and then having the same situation as with a big backlog in the first place, i want this to be a focused list that can be handled. So i thought about requirements to increase the list. For example, if you completed 3 out of your 6 goals, you can add up to another 3 games... Or if 4 are completed? Or something else? Im open for suggestions here! :)

Having a maximum of six unfinished goals seems like a decent idea to me. Personally I try not to have too many unfinished goals at the same time, I still remember the 100% backlog event and the first golden oldies event quite well... But not being able to have more than six goals over three months can be off-putting for people who play a lot of (short) games, I think I generally play through more than six games a month even if I don't count the SNES games.

I have three open goals now, and I think I'll focus on Bloodborne for a while before I add any new ones. I only do LEGO Marvel's Avengers with the missus though and I don't know when I'll start with Psychonauts, so if I don't have the time for a Bloodborne session then I'll just drop a line about a new game goal here and immediately start playing that game. On second thought, might as well put Metal Slug 2 in there since I'll probably do at least one more Metal Slug before March is over (might do them all, but let's not add the next before I play through the current).

Update:

L8ebf3a.png

Played the first Metal Slug game. Man, is this more difficult than I thought it would be... Ended up completing it with 21 continues though I made a few boo-boos here and there.

First thing I noticed when I started it up was that it's actually a basic PS2 port and not really a new PS4 port. Shame... Nontheless it looks fairly decent. Seeing as I now only played the first game and I already enjoyed it, I will probably really enjoy the later games where the devs figured out what did and did not work.

Music is a basic one for over twenty years ago, I think it's fitting but my wife can't stand it, especially combined with the gun sounds and the enemies screaming. I've put the graphics on scanline and it's got really nice classic graphics, pulls me right back into the arcade memories.

All in all, I think I'm really going to enjoy this Anthology series. I think this is the first time I actually sat through a complete Metal Slug game, and I can hardly wait to play another one.

L50c47f.png

Completed Assassin's Creed II to 100%. I finished doing the feathers and after that I was on a roll - only had twelve or so subject 16 videos and three tombs to go as well as a couple of random trophies so I figured I'd plow through it so I could cross off another goal.

Really, really glad I got the Ezio games for PS4, it's so much fun playing through them again.

Stats:

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS2

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 57% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 0%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: ?/55, started 2017 on level ?)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Assassin's Creed II (PS4) (100%)
  • Metal Slug Anthology (PS4) (Eliminated: MS1)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

5 hours ago, gernboes said:

I think you made it clear enough in the OP, that a suggested amount of games would be between X-Y (otherwise you'd have given just one specific number)., I think it's fine, if it's up to everyone's personal preference to pick and choose a sensible amount of games they think they can tackle in the time frame given (I doubt anyone would list 20+ games or so, and even if, it's their battle and it won't hinder the enjoyment for anyone else).

You also made it clear that the games chosen shall remain on the list for the remainder of the season they were picked for and that adding games would be up to everyone's own volition. Which kind of resolves the dilemma you're having about raising limits. There will always be someone that bites off more than they can chew, or due to other circumstances might not find the time they thought they would to put into the games they listed. So I'd suggest leaving things as they are for the most part, it's a casual event after all.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 4

Oh shoot. I'm sorry! I completely forgot to setup my season 1! For the time being, let's go with...

Fez (PS4) 100% (I will likely finish this extremely soon.

Far Cry 3 (PS3) Platinum

Ultratron (PS4) 100%

Modern Warfare 3 (PS3) 100%

Xeodrifter (PS4) 100%

MLB 15: The Show (PS4) Platinum.

Setting my goals high! :D

Short update on progress...

• Borderlands - 1 character level
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat
  • Risen 3 Enhanced Edition - Plat
  • Crysis  - Plat
  • Lost Dimension - Finish Story (again)

So I decided to add another playthrough of Lost Dimension to my list. Not going for the plat once again, as I'm currently on floor 2 and one of the people I needed to build camaraderie with already revealed himself to be a traitor... Now here's to hoping the other 2 I still need don't screw me over as well at least for floor 3, after that it shouldn't matter anymore.

In other news, finally got some progress done in Monster Monpiece. I am now at the final boss, who's being a pain to beat so far. I also acquired 348/500 cards I need for one of the trophies, some decent progress in that regard at least.

Also played a little bit of Escapists: Walking Dead. Finished the 2nd mission. Not sure how to feel about this one... The game seems flawed on so many levels that it's difficult to really enjoy it. Somehow I expected more, as it's the second game of the series and thus should be more polished.

I'd like to join this. I've got a lot of stuff I want out of my backlog. I'll start with these for now.

• BlazBlue Central Fiction (Goal: Platinum)
  • God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Goal: Story Completion)
  • Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroine's Infinity Duel (Goal: Platinum)
  • Guitar Hero Live (Goal: Story Completion)

Ok, The update is done and everything should be in there now. As always, please check your entries if i missed something!

Now finally a few words about my list:

spacer.pngspacer.pngL6a6132.png
WET || PS3 || Story complete

I played this in 2010 and 2011, but my trophy greed got into my way and between trying for high scores and getting all collectibles, i simply forgot to have fun, so i abandoned it at some point. Its a third person sooter where you play a killer or something i think, and its very stylish, in the fashion of 70ies grindhouse movies. I dont really remember anything about the story, so despite being at 14% and having completed about alf the game before, ill start a fresh playthrough and just go for story completion and as many trophies as i feel reasonable.

L79ba0c.png
Lollipop Chainsaw || PS3 || Story complete

I played this for about a week in 2012, and again trophy hunger spoiled my fun with it... You play a zombie hunting cheerleader with a chainsaw in this. So how can you not have fun???? Again, i have completed about alf the game, but will start a new game, also going for story completion.

Lb25e1b.png
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Depair Girls || VITA || Story complete
My third game in the Danganronpa series. This one is a bit different gameplaywise from the first two. Those where visual novels with crime solving bits and Phoenix Wright like trials. This one is a third person shooter, set between the first two. I started this one at 0% during the Pre-Season, currently it sits at 8%. My goal here is at least story completion, but having platted the other two, i will probably go for the plat here too.

L9e535b.png
Uncharted: Golden Abyss || VITA || Story complete
The only Uncharted game on VITA, i played this mainly in 2012 and a bit in 2014. I dont remember why i stopped, maybe because i play my vita primarily when im commuting, and a game like this just doesnt fit there for me... Again i will start a fresh game, and seeing i never managed to platinum an uncharted game, despite having played all of the other ones multiple times, i will again only go for the story completion.

Le47b38.png
Assassins Creed Unity || PS4 || Story complete

Having finally completed my first ever PS4 game, AC Black Flag, im finally ready for this (actualy i still have to finis AC 3, but thats for next season or so). Having bought it in some sale long ago, i started this at 0% on january 1st, and so far im at 16%. I will probably go for platinum, but im being cautious with my goals.

Le87c46.png
Firewatch || PS4 || Story complete

Bought this in some sale, i dont really remember when, and never played it so far, so its at 0%, not even regstered on psnprofiles. Noting else to say about it, just havent had the time so far, but im really looking forward to it. Probably will go for 100%, but i havent even looked at the trophy list, so, my goal so far is just story completion.

Edited by gernboes
typos
  • Like 2

Wanted to write this down before I forget : I opened Black Flag and my starting multiplayer level is 7.

Edit: don't know who it was anymore but some people were interested in doing the Black Flag grind along with me so I'm just posting this in several events I've participated in: I am ready to start grinding for the Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag multiplayer now on PS4 , who wants to join?

Also I played a bit with randoms and I'm on level 12 for now.

Edited by BillyHorrible
PS4 AC IV: BF MP?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Wanted to write this down before I forget : I opened Black Flag and my starting multiplayer level is 7.

Edit: don't know who it was anymore but some people were interested in doing the Black Flag grind along with me so I'm just posting this in several events I've participated in: I am ready to start grinding for the Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag multiplayer now, who wants to join?

Also I played a bit with randoms and I'm on level 12 for now.

I have black flag, but haven't played any MP on it and will prob move onto it after Season 1 of this event or it another event I'm part of has it going. ( if that makes sense)

And thanks for the heads up for ICO/SOTC  sale on ps3, have added that to my ever growing collection of games! Couldn't resist such a great price for those games :giggle::D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MortalRikku said:

I have black flag, but haven't played any MP on it and will prob move onto it after Season 1 of this event or it another event I'm part of has it going. ( if that makes sense)

And thanks for the heads up for ICO/SOTC  sale on ps3, have added that to my ever growing collection of games! Couldn't resist such a great price for those games :giggle::D

Yeah I'm probably going to buy those in the end as well, haven't yet though.

As for Black Flag, I have no idea when I'm going to finish it. I've made it a long goal for the whole year so I'm not necessarily shooting for S1. I'll see when I and others feel like playing.

• Like 1

Unexpected disaster @MMDE: I just booted up Bloodborne, but the game won't load my save file any more and I get a "game install incomplete" message if I try to continue or load a game...

I deleted the game and restarted it without the update file downloaded but starting the game like that doesn't even get me a game menu...

15 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Unexpected disaster @MMDE: I just booted up Bloodborne, but the game won't load my save file any more and I get a "game install incomplete" message if I try to continue or load a game...

I deleted the game and restarted it without the update file downloaded but starting the game like that doesn't even get me a game menu...

I  would actually die if that happened!

Hope you manage to get it working/recover your file!

• Like 1

I decided to go for plat in the Evil Within at the end of last year as it was a challenge now I have got the bug for getting platinums ever since. I am planning on going through my God of War games that I have left to platinum (the PSP games) along with survival horror games I have (silent hill 2, silent hill 3 etc) as I love survival horror games.  

Also plan on starting Doom (2016), bought Catherine for £2.50 off PSN which is a steal and want to start Virginia too on my PS4. I have ride to hell which I plan on starting as I want to see how bad it is along with the Metro games on PS4.... I have a lot more too!

9 minutes ago, lynx_1985 said:

I decided to go for plat in the Evil Within at the end of last year as it was a challenge now I have got the bug for getting platinums ever since. I am planning on going through my God of War games that I have left to platinum (the PSP games) along with survival horror games I have (silent hill 2, silent hill 3 etc) as I love survival horror games.  

Also plan on starting Doom (2016), bought Catherine for £2.50 off PSN which is a steal and want to start Virginia too on my PS4. I have ride to hell which I plan on starting as I want to see how bad it is along with the Metro games on PS4.... I have a lot more too!

Congrats on getting plat for Evil Within, nightmare difficulty has always put me off going for it!

16 minutes ago, MortalRikku said:

Congrats on getting plat for Evil Within, nightmare difficulty has always put me off going for it!

Yeah the platinum was extremely difficult to get that's why I wanted it so bad! 

Just had a cheeky look at your PSNprofile; Murdered Soul Suspect is on my plat list too, opinions seemed to be very polarising but I really enjoyed that game

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Install the update file again? =P

2 hours ago, lynx_1985 said:

Murdered Soul Suspect is on my plat list too, opinions seemed to be very polarising but I really enjoyed that game

2 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

Murdered Soul Suspect was a great game imo. I really enjoyed the characters and the story.

I got very annoyed by the game. Kinda fun story but bad gameplay and annoying to plat because some stuff gets locked off (I took note of that beforehand and then got stuck on something else entirely). As lynx said, very polarising indeed.

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

Install the update file again? =P

hardy har har, yeah it's downloading again. Here's hoping...

Update:

L57216c.png

Didn't get past the savefile error :( hopefully I can get past it next week but for now I'm out, sadly. Haven't got long stretches of gaming time until two weeks from now, I think.

L2d0ca8.png

Played a bunch of wolfpack. Started a bit with randoms but they were kind of ruining the game (running and killing instead of racking up points, ignoring other people's locks et cetera), so now I'm going solo unless anyone from PSNP wants to join in.Doing quite well, getting about three levels every two sessions right now.

L5508b1.png

Played two levels together with the missus.it's kinda fun but the special actions sometimes don't register and we've encountered a game breaking bug already.

Stats:

Spoiler

Season I

• LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%, current: 7%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS2

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 20/55, started 2017 on level 7)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Assassin's Creed II (PS4) (100%)
  • Metal Slug Anthology (PS4) (Eliminated: MS1)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

7 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

hardy har har, yeah it's downloading again. Here's hoping...

Update:

L57216c.png

Didn't get past the savefile error :( hopefully I can get past it next week but for now I'm out, sadly. Haven't got long stretches of gaming time until two weeks from now, I think.

Ok. Did you by any chance just turn off the PS4 or quit the game while playing the game? You're supposed to exit the game inside Bloodborne, like using the in-game menu, option->quit game, to quit the game. That way it saves properly and you avoid a corrupt save file from you turning the console off while it is saving, because the game is auto saving quite often. :P Usually not a big issue anyway, but it can harm your save file if you're very unlucky. All the Souls games usually have a warning about how you might corrupt your save if you don't exit the game properly, especially if you didn't do it properly last time.

Edited by MMDE

13 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Ok. Did you by any chance just turn off the PS4 or quit the game while playing the game? You're supposed to exit the game inside Bloodborne, like using the in-game menu, option->quit game, to quit the game. That way it saves properly and you avoid a corrupt save file from you turning the console off while it is saving, because the game is auto saving quite often. :P Usually not a big issue anyway, but it can harm your save file if you're very unlucky. All the Souls games usually have a warning about how you might corrupt your save if you don't exit the game properly, especially if you didn't do it properly last time.

I always exit games properly, ever since a shutdown during my Xth death in Arkham Asylum corrupted the save :)

There's a lot of chatter online about this "game installing" problem in Bloodborne, unfortunately. Better not remmove it again until I complete it.