Another game to cross of the list and thus another update

• Borderlands - 1 character level
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat
  • Risen 3 Enhanced Edition - Plat
  • Crysis  - Plat
  • Lost Dimension - Finish Story (again)

The Escapists: The Walking Dead:

Didn't play the original, and sure as hell ain't going to after having played this one.

This is a top-down, the walking dead themed, pixelated clusterfuck. It has some RPG elements and ton of busywork, which cuts down the time that's needed for exploration, which again is necessary as the game is mostly about crafting all kinds of things and therefore you need to find items. It's a counter-productive system, with poor mechanics, glitched NPCs, poor inventory management system and a lot of repetitive back and forth.

The much needed items to survive and progress in the game are randomly generated so you might spend hours just trying to find a single item that you need for crafting what you want.

It's not a good game, and I won't bother doing the DLC for it. Anyone would be better off to just read the comics or watch the TV show instead, it's likely you'd enjoy it more than this game.

I'm so glad someone else has non enjoyment from The Escapist WD as I bought it as it was in the sale and liking WD I thought this would tie my over until the new season started!

I was wrong.... This is still not fully completed and god knows when I will ever complete it.

Boring, so boring!

Update:

Escape Plan 3% to 71% (I only have one trophy left from the main game, unsure when I will get around to it as another don't die type thing) :rolleyes:

Gone Home, completed now 100%

Working on Uncharted 4, cleaning up all the collectibles and FFX (part of another project)

1 hour ago, MortalRikku said:

I'm so glad someone else has non enjoyment from The Escapist WD as I bought it as it was in the sale and liking WD I thought this would tie my over until the new season started!

I was wrong.... This is still not fully completed and god knows when I will ever complete it.

Boring, so boring!

Update:

Escape Plan 3% to 71% (I only have one trophy left from the main game, unsure when I will get around to it as another don't die type thing) :rolleyes:

Gone Home, completed now 100%

Working on Uncharted 4, cleaning up all the collectibles and FFX (part of another project)

It's a shame really. I think it would've been a better game, if they had gotten rid of the "housework" stuff and if the stats would be maintained after building them up once. That way the focus could have been just on the exploration for items and crafting (although that would also need to be tweaked).

At least it's fairly short and if you put a lot of the items on the ground, it'll make getting all the weapons post-game reasonably quick.

Since I got the physical copy, I've already put it up for sale to hopefully make at least some money back from this.

I played a wee bit of Metal Slug 3 yesterday, as in the first mission. My wife was done early with her study stuff so we started on LEGO Marvel's Avengers but both of us were tired so we went to sleep pretty soon.

I really liked the first mission from Metal Slug 3, once again everything is improved compared to the first game. Lovely backgrounds this time too, and much more varied. I even found an alternative route!

Stats:

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%, current: 9%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS1
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS2
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MSX
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS3
  • Psychonauts || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9% (but will restart the campaign)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 0%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS4) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Metal Slug Anthology (PS4) (Eliminated: MS1, MS2, MSX)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

15 hours ago, Fredoline05 said:

Time for an update.

After finishing Heavy Rain I decided to play something else (I didn't have the motivation to take on Super Exploding Zoo right away. So I started up The Amazing Spider-Man 2. This morning I finished that game and said to myself: ah what the hell let's do that super exploding zoo stuff. So I started up the game and got some nice progress done.

Super Exploding Zoo!: start 12% / goal: platinum / current 82%

I managed to get every offline trophy and am now looking for a boosting partner to get the multiplayer done to get the game off my list. (If interested I started a gaming session on this site for that)

PS: I still don't like the game

I found a boosting partner faster than expected. The boosting of the online trophies didn't take very long and so Super Exploding Zoo is done.

That's 2 games done, 1 to go. I should have enough time for Uncharted to finish it before the end of season 1. If things go smooth I'd even try 100% instead of just the platinum.

But first I need to choose what to make my 50th platinum. I was thinking about making AC II the 50th since I really like the AC games and already have the plat from Black Flag, Unity and Syndicate. On top of that I'm not far from finishing AC II.

Thanks again for this event, It really helps kicking 'old' games from the backlog, Without it I think I'd never have finished Super Exploding Zoo!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fredoline05 said:

I found a boosting partner faster than expected. The boosting of the online trophies didn't take very long and so Super Exploding Zoo is done.

That's 2 games done, 1 to go. I should have enough time for Uncharted to finish it before the end of season 1. If things go smooth I'd even try 100% instead of just the platinum.

But first I need to choose what to make my 50th platinum. I was thinking about making AC II the 50th since I really like the AC games and already have the plat from Black Flag, Unity and Syndicate. On top of that I'm not far from finishing AC II.

Thanks again for this event, It really helps kicking 'old' games from the backlog, Without it I think I'd never have finished Super Exploding Zoo!

I keep considering getting back to Super Exploding Zoo to plat it. My save corrupted back when I played it first during the final levels and since then I had no motivation to start from scratch. Not particularly liking the game doesn't help either :lol:.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I keep considering getting back to Super Exploding Zoo to plat it. My save corrupted back when I played it first during the final levels and since then I had no motivation to start from scratch. Not particularly liking the game doesn't help either :lol:.

Yeah, save file corruptions suck -_-

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, save file corruptions suck -_-

Sure does, it's even worse when it corrupts the file on the cloud as well :shakefist:. It somehow keeps happening whenever I'm a decent chunk into the game Metro 2033 Redux was another one that corrupted on the final checkpoint...

12 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Sure does, it's even worse when it corrupts the file on the cloud as well :shakefist:. It somehow keeps happening whenever I'm a decent chunk into the game Metro 2033 Redux was another one that corrupted on the final checkpoint...

Bloodborne is the first time I've had this happen on PlayStation. Had a game back on X360 where I had to keep doing backups to USB after a corrupt file, very annoying. I remember back in the day though before people started treating their discs better, a few disc games that just crashed after a certain period of time. Arkham Asylum was very annoying for me in simulating that effect, I had actually rebooted the X360 a few times already before figuring out that it was a plot thing. Very nasty from Rockstar, especially since there's a couple of seconds of black screen.

Edited by BillyHorrible
Arkham

52 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It's actually a very fast plat. You don't even need to finish all the levels, just enough of them to unlock the last world. And once you've done that you can easily pick up all the trophies. So if you want the plat, just go back for it and you'll have it in no time. The online trophies are a bit bugged though. It seemed pretty random for them to drop or not (when doing exactly the same stuff) but with a boosting partner it doesn't take long either.

5 minutes ago, Fredoline05 said:

It's actually a very fast plat. You don't even need to finish all the levels, just enough of them to unlock the last world. And once you've done that you can easily pick up all the trophies. So if you want the plat, just go back for it and you'll have it in no time. The online trophies are a bit bugged though. It seemed pretty random for them to drop or not (when doing exactly the same stuff) but with a boosting partner it doesn't take long either.

I only have 3 trophies left, the baby boomer, getting all stickers (which i couldn't do due to the corrupted file) and the online trophy "I will survive", which when I tried to boost it didn't work for some reason.

I decided to add a couple more games to my list, as I've gone through most of them already.

• Crysis  - Plat
  • Alekhine's Gun - Finish Story
  • Dungeons 2 - Finish Story/Campaign

As additional info, progress in Borderlands is slow, my main gripe with the game is that XP earned isn't proportional to your level and neither are the item drops. I'm level 54 (I think) and keep getting weapons for level 40+...

Regarding Lost Dimension, I'm on the 3rd floor (out of 5) and as luck will have it another character I needed friendship level with turned out to be a traitor. So the game already screwed me twice on that front.

Oh the attack on backlogs.

Something I keep trying to do unsuccessfully.

This year I am actually trying to stick to finishing the games that I have brought to play.

Even if I only finish the story and nothing more.

I pretty much have all the LEGO games.

But when I finish one I really don't want to continue on another.

But this year I will endure and get through everything (I hope)

• Like 1

Update :

Got a lot of God of War 3 - Remastered done this week.

I only have the Challenge of Olympus and a run on Titan difficulty remaining. 

My impressions on the game... It's fantastic! 

I expected an Hack n' Slash at first but finally, this game as an action/adventure.  Bosses bigger than life and little puzzles here and there. Loved every minute of it :)

Here's my progression

COD: AW - Story completed / Done

GoW3 : 82% / Plat

ACII: 61% / Plat

Everybody gone Rapture : 0% / Plat

Heavy Rain :  0% / Plat

Update:

La87750.png

I have played until the end of the first "real" level (not counting the apartment). It's kinda rough around the edges but yeah this game is fun. Some good humour, a Deadpool true to the comics (if a bit more heterosexual than normal) and generic-but-not-bad gameplay. There's little more to be said; if you enjoy Deadpool then you will probably enjoy this game.

Will play more today and tomorrow, but Sunday is Star Wars tabletop day for me combined with an evening of the new Netflix series on Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events, so likely no gaming whatsoever that day. I hope I've finished the story by the end of tomorrow so I can start on The Witcher on Monday.

Stats:

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Deadpool || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 7%
  • Õkami HD || PS3 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9% (but will restart the campaign)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 0%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

By the way, I have now added Õkami HD to my list. Talked about that game earlier when I got it, but seeing as I want to play it during KYC3, I should have finished it by the end of the season, or pretty soon into the start of season 2 at the most. If Psychonauts remains for the KYC3 as well then I'm going to put both Psychonauts and Õkami HD in slots where I have a lot of time to game.

Alright time for another update.

• Crysis  - Plat
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat

Well, that's Alekhine's Gun sorted. Ended up getting the plat in it, as it turned out to be shorter than I had expected.

Alekhine's Gun:

It's essentially a wanna be Hitman.The game was bashed in every review, but isn't as bad as advertised.

It really is a stealth game at it's core, going guns blazing will get you killed real fast, as there's no health regen or medkits and the likes. The assassinations are interesting and have a decent variety to them.

There are a couple of bugs, some texture clipping and frame rate issues during some cutscenes (they're really just a slideshow). Those are pretty much the most noticeable problems. What bothered me most was the grainy filter that found it's way into the PS4 version. Everything looks worse than it should and as a result the game seems dated. Would this have come out over a decade ago, it would probably have been considered a good game.

Other than that I'm now on the 4th floor of Lost Dimension, still have a few missions to get S rank on, on previous floors though.

• Like 1

So I guess it is time for an update...

I completely finished all of my goals! :)

I wanted to finish everything before I went back to school because I knew I would not have a lot of time to play anything there. 

Goals: Platinum achieved on the following games

1. Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Siege

2. Demons Souls

3. The Deadly Tower of Monsters

4. Day of the Tentacle Remastered

5. Madden 11 

6. Disney Infinity 3.0

So I guess I will share my thoughts on each game.

Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Siege

A very fun and innovative multiplayer FPS. I bought this at launch and played it heavily with friends for months. I had most of the trophies other than the Terrorist Hunt related ones by playing naturally. Those ones however required lots of grinding. I would highly recommend this game though.

Demons Souls

My new favorite PS3 game. Very challenging but very rewarding. After beating the first boss a couple years ago, I spent many hours on and off grinding souls to get my soul level higher and it really paid off when I finally decided to tackle the game at full force. I would easily recommend this game to anyone wanting something fun and hard to play. 

The Deadly Tower of Monsters

Short but not a bad game. This was a free PS Plus game last year that I thought looked interesting. It has cheesy commentary but that is on purpose. Its making fun of crappy B movies from decades ago. The concept of the game was interesting. Good luck finding some of the collectables without a guide though.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Very easy platinum trophy but I wanted to play this because of how much I enjoyed these types of point and click mystery games on my PC as a kid. Aka Freddy Fish, Pajama Sam, Putt-Putt etc. Funny dialog I would recommend you not skip. I wouldnt mind more of these games coming to PSN. Recommended for a short but fun game and a quick laugh.

Disney Infinity 3.0

Its a shame these games will no longer receive anymore support. I really enjoyed playing them. Especially 3.0 because I am a big Star Wars fan and cant wait to play through all of the stories aka playsets. Not hard platinums but some of the feats can be a little annoying. I would recommend these games solely for the playsets and sandbox modes since the online is soon to shutdown.

So thats it for season one for me! However I will still be working on platinums at school, just very minimally. I hope to have Call of Duty World at War, Final Fantasy XV and Gauntlet platinum trophies before season two starts. Good luck to everyone else :) 

• Like 3

I've come up with some backlog goals for Season 1, so sign me up, please:

Dishonored Definitive Edition || PS4 || Goal: Daud DLC story completion || Start: 68%
Dragon Age Inquisition || PS4 || Goal: Story completion inc Trespasser DLC || Start: 37%
Tales of Graces f || PS3 || Goal: Story completion || Start: 11%
Yakuza 5 || PS3 || Goal: Story completion || Start: 14%

Dishonored - Absolutely love the main game, but I ran out of steam before getting far into the DLC.  I was given the sequel for Christmas, so I want to check out the Daud DLC before I start that.

DAI - This ended up on my backlog because of the banter issues at launch where the characters never talked to each other in the field.  I stopped playing to wait for a patch, and by the time that happened I'd moved on.

Graces f - One of my many incomplete Tales games, started for the November Kill Your Completion event but owned for a good while before that.  The combat system really clicked for me more than the others.

Yakuza 5 - Yakuza 0 is out this month, so I figure I'd better hurry up and finish this one...

23 hours ago, gernboes said:

Just a quick heads up, wanted to let all of you know you can expect the next update on monday or tuesday! 

Just so my stats are up to date... only difference between this and my last post is that I played a bit more of Deadpool. Did not have any time to game yesterday so I'm going to continue on Deadpool tomorrow.

Spoiler

Season I

• Deadpool || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 12%
  • Õkami HD || PS3 || goal: story || start: 0%

2017 long goals

Eliminated from Backlog

• Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Welp first half through the story of watch dogs 2. Damn this game is getting more and more difficult each level (which is a good thing, but I definently didnt expect that.). I really enjoy this game, mostly because of its cringe and stereotypical characters and nice gameplay that can get challenging.

Probably going to plat mafia 2 after WD2 so I have both mafia plats and persona 4 has to wait since I got a new game serie into the bae list next to danganronpa, batman arkham etc. (which is the zero escape serie)

Update done!

And now my personal update. I didnt really focus on one game, but did a bit of game hopping :)

L6a6132.png

Almost finished with this one, im in chapter 9 of i think 12, and i played only one afternoon, so its pretty short. Gameplay wise its nothing really special, a third person shooter with just 4 guns and a sword, with acrobatics. You're constantly diving, sliding or wallrunning, because you're much stronger while doing acrobatics. But its very stylish and cool, its the closest you can get to playing a quentin tarantino game without him actually making one, some scenes feel like taken directly room kill bill. Im not sure ill get a high rank, as many trophies are score and collectibles related, and im just not going to bother with those.

Le47b38.png

An Assassins Creed game. Not much to say, you know what you get. About halfway through, i dont really car about the story so far, but i really like the setting, although i hoped that the french revolution would play a bigger role. Somehow it seems it just happens it has noting to do with you, and also there seems to be no dynamic. Its just the same state all the time. Maybe that changes later, but thats one thing, i actually think AC3 did better, there your really were a part of the independence war and took part in important battles etc.

Le87c46.png

Im almost finished with this one too, i think im 2/3 through the story. Really like it so far, not much what you could call gameplay, but i really like the story telling, right from the first minutes. At the beginning you're told a bit of backstory and do like really little decisions in there, which really works wonders to make it a bit of your own  story, and at least for me made me emotionally attached to the character and story. Also the decisions you make are (almost?) all dialogue based, but some of them are amongst the most heartbreakingly difficult ones in games ever for me...

The others i havent touched so far.

Update Time:

I haven't started Dead Rising 4 yet but I'll probably start it next week and I've not made any progress on Just Cause 3 yet as I've been addicted to making an island hut on Ark: Survival Evolved?? I'll be starting Assassins Creed: Syndicate next weekend too as I might be going to see the film and thought it would tie in nicely. I also haven't made any progress on Borderlands 2 yet but you can blame that on Ark and the Xbox sales haha? I'd like to add Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 and 5-7 onto the list as I'm currently playing it and it has been in my backlog for a while plus I fancied playing a Lego game? 

Edited by RizzleAbbey12

Finished up another game from the list, so here's another update.

Season 1:

• Crysis  - Plat
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Plat

Eliminated from Backlog

• Killzone (Pre-season)
  • Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition (planned for Season 1, completed during pre-season)

Alright, so I decided to power through Borderlands and instead of just going for 1 level I wrapped up the game by getting to level 61 and thus 100%. Took many hours, but at least I got to catch up with several episodes from the Idle Thumbs podcast while doing so.

I also completed a few missions (5 or 6) in Dungeons 2. Haven't quite made up my mind about that one yet... Started out not liking it, then I'm really enjoying the game for a while until something creeps up that annoys the hell out of me.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
decided to add another game