worth a buy?

Now back when i got my Borderlands 1 & 2 I was told to pass on the pre-sequel. I looked it up and people complained about the low gravity fighting and how some of the trophies were stupid hard, like doing a 360 spin and no scope a guy. I was at convention earlier this month and during a panel even David Eddings (Gearbox VP and voice of claptrap) said the pre-sequel is his least favorite borderlands game and its cause of the pre-sequel is why he really pushed to get Borderlands 3 done.

That all being said, i almost have the plat for Borderlands 2. I'm finally going to finish it up and I can buy the pre-sequel for like $7 online. Is it worth it? or should i just keep it as a pass and invest time into something else until 3 comes along?

If you enjoy Borderlands then it is definitely worth $7. I enjoyed this game more than the original but less than 2, still, you can't really go wrong for $7. 

My experience with this game is on PC and PS4 though, I haven't played the PS3 version. 

Parker

• Like 1

Yes it is worth it. Not as good as the other entries, but all in all an enjoyable game if you enjoy the series.

I actually enjoyed the low gravity, and found myself trying to jump boost when I went back to BL2 :P

The trophies are all pretty easy (platted it twice), just be ready for a grind, but if you like borderlands games this should be no surprise to you...

If you can, pick up the dlc, it's actually more fun than the main game, and cuts down on the grind.

So imo go for it, its a bargain!

Like Parker I enjoyed it more than Borderlands but less than Borderlands 2. It's worth buying if not just to complete the Borderlands collection. The anti-grav combat is made out to be far worse than it really is. In fact, the stjpidly high jump adds an extra element of fun to fighting. Its hilariously awesome to be able to headshot an enemy from 500 feet in the air.

That said, it is really repetitive, and some of the humor does fall short of BL2, but the insane customization is still there and it is still really fun with friends.

Besides, at $7, you can't go wrong.

well i was thinking "if the VP didnt really like it..." but then i was also thinking of getting tales from the borderlands which everyone loves and was thinking "well if im gonna get all the games..."

If you love Borderlands as a series you should of course get them all. I do the same with my favourite franchises.

• 2 weeks later...

$7 is worth it, and I'd say any price $10 or less is worth it, maybe as much as $12. But the game has a ton of frame rate drop while playing online (Good luck fighting The Invincible Sentinel with 2+ players. Drops to like 10fps. At one point I emptied an AR clip of 85 bullets and did not see a single one fire cuz of the frame rate drop), the humor is meh, the side missions aren't that good, and you can tell it was trying so hard to replicate what made BL2 great, but fails. The story is damn good though, especially Handsome Jack's decent into madness. That's probably the best feature of the game

• 2 weeks later...