Four player local adventures...

Dreakon139

Well, I was seriously looking into Dungeon Siege III until I found out they left out 4 player local coop for absolutely no reason. I mean really, you support 4 players online, but only 2 local. Why punish gamers by strategically making your game worse for no reason whatsoever?

Now I'm back to square one.

Are there any 4 player local coop games like Dungeon Siege out there? Medieval, serious, top-down, leveling/progression, loot and equipment. The closest I've found is Castle Crashers, which is fun but lacks the story, the scale, the depth and the length of a legitimate retail RPG (even if DSIII isnt necessarily the best example of the RPG genre). Maybe Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, but friends and I have played through those games already.

Borderlands has 4-player splitscreen?

yes, i am pretty sure it does.

also, LBP has 4 controller compability...

idk why developers remove split screen though.. i find that annoying ;\ they focus more on online instead of focusing on local, like they did in the old days. its like if you want to play with a brother or something, he needs to buy his own ps3.

Are you sure? Every Google search I make for 'borderlands 4 player local coop', a lot of people are saying 2 player local, 4 player online. Did they add it in a patch or something?

no im not sure. i just thought that was possible since i know you can add a 2nd controller, and you can play with 4 players online... but i guess i was wrong then.

Can't really think of any except for LBP, in which it works since it's technically a 2D platformer. In games with complete 3D environments and in a 3rd person perspective, the screen being split in 4 would make things kind of shitty.

no im not sure. i just thought that was possible since i know you can add a 2nd controller, and you can play with 4 players online... but i guess i was wrong then.

Sorry, you are wrong, only 2 players can play in the same console/TV at the same time, even though there's online for 4.

In games with complete 3D environments and in a 3rd person perspective, the screen being split in 4 would make things kind of shitty.

While not the best example, I think Dungeon Siege III does this online. Despite everyone having their own full viewing area, they still force the 4 users to awkwardly share the same screen. If it weren't for poor usage of camera angles, or so I read in various reviews, I think 4 players on the same screen can be done right.... might get a little confusing but what isn't these days.

cod world at war and black ops have coop zombies... but that completely sucks..

Again, is it 4 player split screen?

While not the best example, I think Dungeon Siege III does this online. Despite everyone having their own full viewing area, they still force the 4 users to awkwardly share the same screen. If it weren't for poor usage of camera angles, or so I read in various reviews, I think 4 players on the same screen can be done right.... might get a little confusing but what isn't these days.

Yeah, it probably can be done right, but that'd be very hard to do :S .

And again, it's only 2 player split screen.

Mortal Kombat, 4 player tag battles.

Well, I'm looking more for a game that... ideally... is a sit down game with friends. Play through a story. Go up some levels. Get some flashy equipment. That kind of stuff. An adventure, you know?

I guess that LittleBigPlanet doesn't really meet that criteria come to think of it... but eh. Castle Crashers is closer to what I'm looking for, but not only have I already beaten it, it's not quite the serious adventure game I'm looking for. Dungeon Siege III (if the developers weren't lame) would have been the perfect mix of 4-player local coop and serious adventure... but alas...