Bizzy_Montana_

Bulletstorm PS3 custom server discussion

82 posts in this topic

I highly doubt they will bring back servers for BulletStorm on PS3 but I read some news about BulletStorm remaster for PS4 so thats what I think they meant, that you will be able to enjoy it on PS4.

That means absolutely nothing and you might be hyping people for absolutely no reason. Pretty sure they are going to come up about something related to the remaster instead which was already announced, but I don't know if was released yet.

As people have said, this is much, much more likely to be about the remaster. Don't expect any old PS3 servers to return anytime soon.

That exciting news they plan to share is likely about the remaster

At least you were honest about wanting the online trophies. I see to many of these kinds of letters to devs begging to bring the servers back online saying "There's many of us who LOVE your game and it's online multiplayer" just bullshitting through their teeths. While it might be true, a handful of dedicated players isn't enough to have a reason to keep some games online.

From the economical point of view I guess that rebooting the servers won't be very uselful, but who knows. Thought I'd share it with you anyway.

I'm still waiting for a Steamworks version of Bulletstorm on, huh, Steam. Would like to get rid of my Origin, GFWL-ridden version.

"We have some exciting news to share soon" is so PR-esque, btw...

Edited by Lance_87

It would be nice if they did, but I agree with everyone else. They are likely hyping a remaster. Which would still be good but not help those of us who have the PS3 version in backlog . . .

Hyping people can be a painkiller to any game, just look at no man's lie I mean sky, giving hope when there is none in the first place will just make us hate it more, and to me this is just hyping people that trophy hunt about getting them online trophies and when it does not happen people will be pissed.

The only hope here is that they are talking about the remaster so we could get it soon or even a date of it coming out.

It would be nice to see them back up, as the game is perfectly playable on 360 and PC...it kinda bugs me that this is the only platform it's down on. That said, I actually do enjoy the MP. There are some very easy trophies I never did bother to get :(

I'm sure that they are talking about a remaster, which I would totally be behind....but opening the PS3 servers again would go a long way with gamers.

Maybe the remaster will have online servers and that's what they're hyping you in that email? Most remasters don't come with their online active (The Uncharted Collection, The Ezio Collection, Bioshock 2, just to name a few), so a remaster with the online might be coming

Maybe the remaster will have online servers and that's what they're hyping you in that email? Most remasters don't come with their online active (The Uncharted Collection, The Ezio Collection, Bioshock 2, just to name a few), so a remaster with the online might be coming

Add Darksiders II to the list.

sound like they're talking about the Remastered version will have an online multiplayer of its own shipping with the game ( since you told them about thinking of getting the remaster version when it's out ).

pretty sure its gonna be the remaster reveal .. but who knows maybe they will re-open the ps3 servers as a bonus ? eh anyways i sold my bulletstorm long time ago  :spank:

It has to be about the remaster news as I don't think they will open the PS3 servers at all.

Add Darksiders II to the list.

Indeed, but I was just stating off the first couple that came to mind right away  :)

Looks like the rumors about the remasters were true. Meh, i would've preferred that they converted the original from GFWL to Steamworks...

If the servers come back online I'll be on there ready to help people get the platinum as well as get it myself. A great game I never got to 100%

Sadly you were most likely wrong. They announced a remaster. What a surprise

On 21/03/2018 at 0:05 AM, NeM2k2 said:

Bulletstorm's online can be access again using a replacement Gamespy authentication server - see https://github.com/gonespy/bstormps3

Does this really work for trophies? I missed the DLC back in the day, I may get them off the US Store but don't have a US game yet to try it.