Bulletstorm PS3 custom server discussion

Bizzy_Montana_

12 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

Does this really work for trophies? I missed the DLC back in the day, I may get them off the US Store but don't have a US game yet to try it.

Yes, it works. I have been working my way through all the Anarchy trophies, including the DLC ones. I just have the team challenges & lvl 65 to go

36 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

Pretty sure the DLC has been removed from all the stores. Unless you bought it back when it was up, you'll be out of luck.

it's still available in the na store...was thinking of picking it up...waiting to see if all the mp trophies are obtainable first...

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-BLUS30651_00-DLCPACK000000002?emcid=pa-st-111690

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-BLUS30651_00-DLCPACK000000001?emcid=pa-st-111690

feel free to join in or follow the convo here for information on which games are playable and which trophies can be earned again :

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2018 at 7:05 PM, NeM2k2 said:

Bulletstorm's online can be access again using a replacement Gamespy authentication server - see https://github.com/gonespy/bstormps3

thanks for that i bookmarked it

i did something similar once, on ps3 i got a ps2 game to work online. i played one of the old battlefield games. was shocked to see 9 people actually playing. and even more shocked i got it to work lol. i even got dialup to connect to my ps3 a few times but eventually it would kick me offline for low speeds. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

My main concern is what the official PSN people will think about it. I know the page says they most likely won't care, but I'd still like some sort of guarantee before I try this.

Either do it or don't. You are not going to get banned for it. Sony do not care about trophies or the PS3, people who have modded multiplayer games like Modern warfare 2 and Modern warfare 3 didn't even get banned. The only thing you'll get banned for is having CFW on your console.

19 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

My main concern is what the official PSN people will think about it. I know the page says they most likely won't care, but I'd still like some sort of guarantee before I try this.

sly is fine with it as long as the trophies are earned as they original would have been able to be.

Edited by Leenewbe

On 24/03/2018 at 7:34 PM, RedRodriguez87 said:

The Gamespy servers don't directly communicate to PSN and when you use a Gonespy game, your ID is the one that @NeM2k2 generated while restoring Bulletstorm. Gonespy simply requires you to run a DNS server from your PC and put the DNS address into the PS3 and connect to the game. You don't tamper with PSN and as far as PSN is concerned with it, you're just signed into PSN with any old DNS but it tricks the game that you try it on into thinking that you're online. There's no security breaches with Gonespy and it doesn't affect PSN in any way, it's just your choice whether you think it's worth doing on your account or not, I played Unreal Tournament 3 for over 20 hours without any issues. Hundreds of games have been restored on PS2 independently, yet Sony never did anything to them over it. I think as long as it doesn't change the original game, it shouldn't affect anyone. Remember, they still sell these games and some of the DLC for the games, so why can't people play the games as they were intended? FEAR 2 for example still has the DLC on the PSN store for it and the DLC is map packs for the multiplayer and more than a few Gamespy games also have that problem. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The Gamespy servers don't directly communicate to PSN and when you use a Gonespy game, your ID is the one that @NeM2k2 generated while restoring Bulletstorm. Gonespy simply requires you to run a DNS server from your PC and put the DNS address into the PS3 and connect to the game. You don't tamper with PSN and as far as PSN is concerned with it, you're just signed into PSN with any old DNS but it tricks the game that you try it on into thinking that you're online. There's no security breaches with Gonespy and it doesn't affect PSN in any way, it's just your choice whether you think it's worth doing on your account or not, I played Unreal Tournament 3 for over 20 hours without any issues. Hundreds of games have been restored on PS2 independently, yet Sony never did anything to them over it. I think as long as it doesn't change the original game, it shouldn't affect anyone. Remember, they still sell these games and some of the DLC for the games, so why can't people play the games as they were intended? FEAR 2 for example still has the DLC on the PSN store for it and the DLC is map packs for the multiplayer and more than a few Gamespy games also have that problem. 

They don't seem to care when it comes to remove content from the Store for being obsolete/malfunctional.

They're still selling the Axel DLC for Twisted Metal on the PS3 despite being added through a free game update for everyone (i DO know it's not GameSpy...)

16 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

sly is fine with it as long as the trophies are earned as they original would have been able to be.

I'm afraid there has been a reversal as far as that opinion is concerned, so you should probably not link that comment on its own without the one below and screw over people who didn't know better. Apparently he was talked out of it behind the scenes. It sucks, I know, but it is what it is at the moment.

47 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

I'm afraid there has been a reversal as far as that opinion is concerned, so you should probably not link that comment on its own without the one below and screw over people who didn't know better. Apparently he was talked out of it behind the scenes. It sucks, I know, but it is what it is at the moment.

Those aren’t Slys’ comments, those are someone else’s. There has been no reversal. 

On 3/20/2018 at 7:05 PM, NeM2k2 said:

Bulletstorm's online can be access again using a replacement Gamespy authentication server - see https://github.com/gonespy/bstormps3

Wish I knew that before selling off my sealed copy :/

Edited by ArmoredSquirreXD

40 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Those aren’t Slys’ comments, those are someone else’s. There has been no reversal. 

MMDE is a mod on this site and, given how rarely Sly himself comments on anything, if he says he talked Sly out of it I'm pretty sure we have to take his word for it. For all intents and purposes as far as we are concerned we have to acknowledge that Sly's mind has been changed.

8 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

MMDE is a mod on this site and, given how rarely Sly himself comments on anything, if he says he talked Sly out of it I'm pretty sure we have to take his word for it. For all intents and purposes as far as we are concerned we have to acknowledge that Sly's mind has been changed.

They talked about the Demon's Souls private servers, as far as Gonespy is concerned, it has been given the all-clear by Sly. I think if he changed his mind, it would be worth him actually making a comment about it publicly to avoid confusion. I'd still go by the comment he made publicly as there's no evidence to suggest that Gonespy isn't allowed. With Demon's Souls it's by my belief that people run those servers privately without giving people the opportunity to run it on their own, so people don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but with Gonespy you can control it yourself by being your own host. 

You'd also see if you proceeded by one page that this post exists: 

and the first comment there is: "You've got an "okay" on that project as long as, as Sly said, it doesn't get out of hand AKA updated to allow you to unlock various trophies without doing the requirements legitimately etc. This stuff will likely be more clear soon." The "project" they would be talking about is Gonespy.

Edited by Sergen

6 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

If he says he talked Sly out of it I'm pretty sure we have to take his word for it. For all intents and purposes as far as we are concerned we have to acknowledge that Sly's mind has been changed.

I disagree but your mind is made up. I go by Slys comments until Sly makes another. It’s his site and I’m sure he’s kept in the loop of the progress of Gonespy. He will comment himself if things change. 

• Like 1

On 24.3.2018 at 7:00 PM, NeM2k2 said:

Yes, it works. I have been working my way through all the Anarchy trophies, including the DLC ones. I just have the team challenges & lvl 65 to go

so if i start the game now i can get platinum i never played it before ?

and would this work with wipeout hd or does this just work with games who had gamespy servers ?

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Thanks for the video guide, and written for the bulletstorm multi.

My question is the following, for the master trophy of anarchy, how can we do, since from what I understand, we emulate via our pc, a server of our own.

But the trophy asks to be a 2, clearly it is impossible to do right?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 11:31 PM, el_pampino said:

My question is the following, for the master trophy of anarchy, how can we do, since from what I understand, we emulate via our pc, a server of our own.

But the trophy asks to be a 2, clearly it is impossible to do right?

Not at all. You can either play with two PS3s connected to the same server, or two PS3s each connected to their own server. Regardless of which option you choose, you can invite the other player to a private lobby.

• Like 1