ycheah

Easy king trophy glitch

81 posts in this topic

Wow I hope that's not just a 1 time thing I'm giving it a try soon

 

Edit: Ok I didn't remember that there's isn't a restart option, but still I tried to pause right before the crash. So for it starts like any other game and my PS3 crashed in one of the attempts. There's details missing there OP

Edited by Max_Playne
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what OP is talking about, there is no "restart" option in the pause menu, only resume and quit. And the game doesn't allow you to pause if you've hit something, it just pushes you to the end of run screen. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what OP is talking about, there is no "restart" option in the pause menu, only resume and quit. And the game doesn't allow you to pause if you've hit something, it just pushes you to the end of run screen. 

I think he meant closing the game and starting it again, I'm just downloading it again to test by myself

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah sorry i miswrote

Of course i meant during your crash at the very end of a flipzone quit and restart immediately

 

Sadly i didn't hit SHARE earlier so i only got a screenshot from wave 4 with nearly 7.5million points 

I'd like to add it to this thread but i'm not sure how to get the picture from the ps4

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched your video, and I don't quite understand how this is working for you.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2016 at 6:38 PM, BlackJudas77 said:

I watched your video, and I don't quite understand how this is working for you.

 

1. Play until you find a void portal

2. Go into said void portal

3. Play until end of void area

4. Right when the screen starts to turn white pause the game and quit to menu

5. Start again and your score won't go away

 

I just did it and it works myself, thanks for posting that video. 

Edit: Fairly certain this doesn't work for perfect regions though (and I would assume the same with air tris). I got King but didn't get Yeagar, which would basically be impossible to not get doing this and getting King. 

Edit2: Air Tris do carry over, so it seems just Perfect Regions don't count. 

Edit3: And just complete one region in Apocalypse (hit a portal) and that pops. 

Edited by Gage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gage said:

1. Play until you find a void portal

2. Go into said void portal

3. Play until end of void area

4. Right when the screen starts to turn white pause the game and quit to menu

5. Start again and your score won't go away

 

I just did it and it works myself, thanks for posting that video. 

Edit: Fairly certain this doesn't work for perfect regions though (and I would assume the same with air tris). I got King but didn't get Yeagar, which would basically be impossible to not get doing this and getting King. 

Edit2: Air Tris do carry over, so it seems just Perfect Regions don't count. 

Edit3: And just complete one region in Apocalypse (hit a portal) and that pops. 

The perfect regions worked for me when using this exploit 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FOS_2000 said:

The perfect regions worked for me when using this exploit 

How did it work for you? Like when did it pop or whatever.   I played for like an hour straight and had to legitimately get 6 in one run to get the trophy.  

Edited by Gage
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I used this trick and unlocked King trophy. After that I went to Apocalypse mode and after the second run I got Meteoroid TrophyFor last I went back to normal mode aiming to get 6 perfect regions but instead I got Wright trophy after a couple of runs. It took me less than 1 hour to do all of this. Nice find mate.

What if we do the trick a second time? Never managed to get a second Void portal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE:

I used this trick in the first region and then I did 1 perfect region and died. After 6 times I got the trophy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gotten every trophy I could using this glitch. Which was pretty much all but the leveling trophies. 

 

I must say, this is a nice find. If more people use this, the trophies won't stay Ultra Rare anymore =P 

 

The way the glitch works is that, after you activate it, everything you do counts as if done in a single round (round, not level). It even works for the leveling challenges. For those of you who don't get Yeager using it. I've found that dying once resets the area counter (I'm just guessing the counter exists, might be something else). What you can do is repeat the first level without colliding 6 times. After which, you'll get it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little confused by how you replicate the glitch in Region 1 to get the Yeager trophy. Do you enter the void portal in R1 and then die over and over upon entering R2?

 

I don't think I've ever seen a portal in R1 in all the times I've played (maybe I'm just playing on the wrong day).

 

Edit: Ended up just doing it the old-fashioned way. Actually wasn't that hard.

Edited by saign_365
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was nearly done with a guide for Race the Sun and now this has come to light. And as always, a glitch people find to make it much easier arises post-achievement. Ah well, it's nice for the people who previously were unable to complete Race the Sun

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/12/2016 at 2:03 AM, saign_365 said:

I'm a little confused by how you replicate the glitch in Region 1 to get the Yeager trophy. Do you enter the void portal in R1 and then die over and over upon entering R2?

What I did was: 

1) Activated the bug (I found a portal in region 2).

2) Exit to the main menu.

3) Started and completed region 1 without dying (you can even use one of those portals that take you the end of the level).

4) Repeat region 1 until you get the trophy. 

 

I'm sure there are other ways to make it work, but that's how I did it.

 

On 28/12/2016 at 2:56 AM, TristanBrown17 said:

I was nearly done with a guide for Race the Sun and now this has come to light. And as always, a glitch people find to make it much easier arises post-achievement. Ah well, it's nice for the people who previously were unable to complete Race the Sun

I recently completed a guide that uses the bug. I don't know how long until it gets reviewed. But yeah, the bug drops the difficulty of the game, a lot.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2016 at 2:24 PM, Arkthur said:

What I did was: 

1) Activated the bug (I found a portal in region 2).

2) Exit to the main menu.

3) Started and completed region 1 without dying (you can even use one of those portals that take you the end of the level).

4) Repeat region 1 until you get the trophy. 

 

I'm sure there are other ways to make it work, but that's how I did it.

 

Thanks! Everything worked perfectly with the glitch, except yeager. I even quit the game to activate the glitch again. No luck.

So, I tried your way: I completed region one perfectly and hit options to exit and start again. After three perfect runs Yeager popped... A bit sooner than I expected, maybe because I used a perfect run when going to the portal in region 2, and maybe because I was already trying a few perfect runs without the trophy. In any case, I got it, thank you. I finally got this out of my backlog now.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After having done everything except King and Wright legitimately a year ago, I was thrilled to see this this morning! Thank you for finding this and sharing it

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, de_digibeet said:

 

Thanks! Everything worked perfectly with the glitch, except yeager. I even quit the game to activate the glitch again. No luck.

So, I tried your way: I completed region one perfectly and hit options to exit and start again. After three perfect runs Yeager popped... A bit sooner than I expected, maybe because I used a perfect run when going to the portal in region 2, and maybe because I was already trying a few perfect runs without the trophy. In any case, I got it, thank you. I finally got this out of my backlog now.

 

Glad to read that. This bug is a real time saver. I hope more people learn about it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arkthur said:

Glad to read that. This bug is a real time saver. I hope more people learn about it. 

I mainly stumbled upon it when I saw that a trophy guide (by you) for this game was posted on psnprofiles. I had already given up on the game, but I thought, what the heck, I'll see what it says. I was really surprised when I saw the difficulty 2/10 at the top of the trophy guide, that piqued my interest so I kept reading on. And then I found you explaining the glitch and linking to a clear video demonstrating it. That's when I decided to wrap up the game.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reported this bug to Flippfly on their website, am waiting a response... I doubt, but I want to see it patched and removed... though deleting patches :/ it's a gamekiller, total cheating. Not just the trophies, also the leaderboards.

Edited by Midnightwards666
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.