Master chef trophy

wSircam

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

It is not possible to get it on the PS4 at all.

I was going through trying to clear up my trophies and got stuck on this one.

I have been able to obtain 29 recipes no problem many times but never the last one. Had obtained 29 by the start of the 7th floor, and opened countless chickens after before finishing the game off and never saw the final recipe.

Looking into it I found a tweet right from the developers saying they broke it and will never fix it. This was in reference to the Xbox version, but it is broken on all platforms. PC, Xbox, and Playstation. Though even though the developers seem incapable of fixing it, a PC player easily fixed it for the steam version.

That is a "quality" developer right there.

Edited by Halaster
  • Like 3

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/10/2019 at 6:11 AM, Colin_Raleigh said:

It's still a fun game despite the inability to 100% it, a shame such things make some people balk at playing certain games like this nowadays. I've actually gone back and replayed Necropolis from time to time since getting every single trophy in it except for the glitched one.

I’m playing through now and just wish I had people to play with.. kinda lonely all by myself 

@xxdmcgee2288xx I've completed the game both solo and with others, there's a lot of fun to be had either way. In the 6 years that I've had the game however, only one other member of my PSN friends list has had a copy of the game as well. Also, one of the main factors in having trouble finding other players is the fact that the game's been out for several years now and never got higher than a cult following status at best. Nevertheless the majority of my adventures in Necropolis have been solo outings but it's actually third on my list of the games in the PS4/PS5 era that I've put the most hours into. The randomly generated levels, unique forms of weaponry, and overall challenge add immensely to the replay value.

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just for reference purposes, I did downgrade the game to the very first launch version to see if the trophy could be achieved and it was broken even from the release version. 

I was kind of hoping that they broke it with one of their first patches, but apparently not. It launched broken.

I can only assume the 0.1% of players that Playstation lists as having achieved this are the developers.

Super fun game I have put over 100 hours into, but big disappointment that they never fixed this glitch given that it was an ultra simple fix of changing a single line in a single text file, as achieved by a modder on the PC version.

Edited by Halaster

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 7:07 PM, Halaster said:

Just for reference purposes, I did downgrade the game to the very first launch version to see if the trophy could be achieved and it was broken even from the release version. 

I was kind of hoping that they broke it with one of their first patches, but apparently not. It launched broken.

I can only assume the 0.1% of players that Playstation lists as having achieved this are the developers.

Super fun game I have put over 100 hours into, but big disappointment that they never fixed this glitch given that it was an ultra simple fix of changing a single line in a single text file, as achieved by a modder on the PC version.

What's puzzling to me about this whole situation is how the developers can't fix this issue but a PC modder can, that makes no sense whatsoever. If memory serves, I think it was said that the missing 30th crafting recipe was another bomb type. In all honesty, the bombs were never very useful. I'd only craft some for the sake of earning a challenge token in most cases.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 3:31 AM, Colin_Raleigh said:

What's puzzling to me about this whole situation is how the developers can't fix this issue but a PC modder can, that makes no sense whatsoever. If memory serves, I think it was said that the missing 30th crafting recipe was another bomb type. In all honesty, the bombs were never very useful. I'd only craft some for the sake of earning a challenge token in most cases.

They could absolutely fix this, they just can't be bothered.

It is literally a change to a single line in a csv file that lists the recipes, as that is how it was fixed on the PC by a modder. It was an insanely simple fix.

Edited by Halaster