Lego City Undercover is getting a PS4 release.

snakebit10

I'm interested to see how this will work.... It was very clearly designed for a Nintendo console, with Mario costumes, power stars, etc. being hidden in the game as easter eggs. It was also co-developed by Nintendo (Iwata was even executive producer).

Will they have to remove all the Nintendo easter eggs? Will they replace them with Sony/Microsoft easter eggs?

I'm interested to see how this will work.... It was very clearly designed for a Nintendo console, with Mario costumes, power stars, etc. being hidden in the game as easter eggs. It was also co-developed by Nintendo (Iwata was even executive producer).

Will they have to remove all the Nintendo easter eggs? Will they replace them with Sony/Microsoft easter eggs?

Were they are calling it a remaster/re-release I imagine they will make the changes that are necessary.

On the one hand, it's like, well, the Wii U just lost one of it's few half decent games,

on the other hand it's like, well, who the hell was buying a Wii U at this point, let alone for a non-branded Lego game?

That's true, remember on the PS3 with SoulCaliber 2? They took out Link on that one.  So I imagine they'd do the same with this game.

Link was only in the GameCube version anyways.

On the one hand, it's like, well, the Wii U just lost one of it's few half decent games,

on the other hand it's like, well, who the hell was buying a Wii U at this point, let alone for a non-branded Lego game?

Link was only in the GameCube version anyways.

Yeah, this was great on Wii U. The Nintendo references were great but could be replaced without too much trouble. The Gamepad however was a key gameplay element so it will be interesting to see how they rework that.

I'll probably play it again, but I remember 100% completion taking a hell of a long time on the Wii U because of long load times, relatively slow travel options, etc.

They didn't remove Link from the game, they gave each version a guest character, Gamecube got Link, PS2 got Heihachi and Xbox got Spawn.

Yeah I know, I guess I was meaning since the release on the PSN did include both Heihachi and Spawn, but not Link, I guess because of Nintendo.  But either way really, I still reckon it would be the same for Lego City Undercover, Mario stuff to be removed for us.

They didn't remove Link from the game, they gave each version a guest character, Gamecube got Link, PS2 got Heihachi and Xbox got Spawn.

Well they put both Heihachi and Spawn in the PS3 and 360 release. Shame the Wii U never got a port with all three characters, as they noted a lack of sales of the console or something. Pretty flimsy excuse, if you ask me. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Exciting! Wanted CITY themed lego game, since all of them are outside franchises... One thing bothers me though - why on earth isn't all of landscape/background/everything made of lego? It's been bothering me during every lego game...

1 hour ago, zettlock said:

Exciting! Wanted CITY themed lego game, since all of them are outside franchises... One thing bothers me though - why on earth isn't all of landscape/background/everything made of lego? It's been bothering me during every lego game...

LEGO Movie - The Videogame was entirely LEGO I'm pretty sure. But yeah, the rest I've played haven't been. Maybe it's easier to design an actual object than a LEGO version of it?

21 hours ago, madbuk said:

LEGO Movie - The Videogame was entirely LEGO I'm pretty sure. But yeah, the rest I've played haven't been. Maybe it's easier to design an actual object than a LEGO version of it?

Yeah, that's my thinking. But a lazy developer is a lazy developer. And it really sucks when you're a lego fan IRL and you want to build everything in legos, but lack resources. And guys that have those resources - devs - lack inspiration...

23 hours ago, zettlock said:

It may be to help kids know which items are destructible 

• Like 1