The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 1 & 2 releasing December 20th

madbuk

Yeah, just saw this on the PS Store. They said before it would release November before, I think, but I already was expecting it to release in December instead. Oh well, at least if you pre-order the Season Pass via the PS Store, you can get Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2, and Michone's Mini-series as a bonus.  :D Hyped for Season 3

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r

Ah awesome, gonna have to replay the second season then just to get my story up to scratch on the PS4 (did it on the PS3, but not on the PS4).  So that way, my story continues on through to the 3rd season.

I was thinking about doing this, I own season 2 on PS4 thanks to PS+... Don't own season 1 though and would want to replay from the very beginning, so I'm hoping they announce some way to carry progress over :(

• Like 1

I was thinking about doing this, I own season 2 on PS4 thanks to PS+... Don't own season 1 though and would want to replay from the very beginning, so I'm hoping they announce some way to carry progress over :(

Yeah, hopefully they do, I mean I did it on the PS4 again, played it like I would, which was nice again.  Probably will play season 2 next week sometime (maybe that Michone mini series too) all in time for season 3.  So glad it's not too far off now to play.  But it seems like Batman might be finished before then too if all goes well, so it would be nice if that is the case :D

Nice to see this finally getting a date.

I also hope this season is better than the last one. I enjoyed the first season the most; I thought Season 2 had too many stupid and/or forced decisions for it to be as good. Also the lack of a Platinum was dumb (since the game was a similar length to the first game, and every other full 5+ episode Telltale release since the first WD has had a Platinum). I don't base purchasing decisions on trophies (I play fun games with trophies being a bonus that I'll make an effort for if the game is fun enough), but I thought that was stupid. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

Yes

OK that is awesome,but doubtful depending of Telltale improving the servers where I read a person replied to my thread of what the Batman runs on ps3, and he said it was awful which is very typical of Telltale not fixing anything that I would just wait this out again and not fall on playing their games because of it. Thanks for the answer.

Nice to see this finally getting a date.

I also hope this season is better than the last one. I enjoyed the first season the most; I thought Season 2 had too many stupid and/or forced decisions for it to be as good. Also the lack of a Platinum was dumb (since the game was a similar length to the first game, and every other full 5+ episode Telltale release since the first WD has had a Platinum). I don't base purchasing decisions on trophies (I play fun games with trophies being a bonus that I'll make an effort for if the game is fun enough), but I thought that was stupid. 

I actually really liked Walking Dead Season 2's trophy list design. Because really, you're only buying episode 1 and then the rest are DLC, and episode 1 alone doesn't have enough content to justify a plat.

If anything I would like to see the approach that Open Me! and the Miku VR game take - 0 base game trophies at all, with all the trophies being DLC. It fits an episodic game like this, imo.

• Like 1

The first season will forever be burned into my memory, but the second fell quite a bit short by playing it safe toward the end (not to mention some of the weird decision making of the devs with some of the characters  :blink:).

But, hopefully, this new season will at least stand on it's own and shine. 

Also, there better be a platinum.  :angry:

I actually really liked Walking Dead Season 2's trophy list design. Because really, you're only buying episode 1 and then the rest are DLC, and episode 1 alone doesn't have enough content to justify a plat.

If anything I would like to see the approach that Open Me! and the Miku VR game take - 0 base game trophies at all, with all the trophies being DLC. It fits an episodic game like this, imo.

You have a valid point, but then why doesn't Telltale do that with all their games? Instead, EVERY single game they made starting with Walking Dead Season 1 (except Michonne which only has 3 episodes) has a Platinum, EXCEPT TWD Season 2. They should do it everywhere, or nowhere.

I'm glad Clem has an adjustable hat, but God - it must really stink now.

I really wish they fuck off with the episodes shit and just release the whole thing at once. 

There's certainly no way they'll do that. The episodic structure makes perfect sense here, and allows Telltale to maximize profit. 

And in any case, I love it, because after a time, you can get these games, in full, for dirt cheap (see, e.g., Tales from the Borderlands, which is currently $1.50 for all episodes). Just stay away from the forums, and it won't be spoiled, either.

Guys, do the decisions from S01 and S02 I've made on PS3 carry over to PS4 for this third season or I have to buy the S01 & S02 for the PS4 and play again?

Probably not. Did choices from S1 (PS3) have impact on S2 (PS4)? I don't fully recall, but I thought the answer was no.

Probably not. Did choices from S1 (PS3) have impact on S2 (PS4)? I don't fully recall, but I thought the answer was no.

Wasn't it really just stuff to talk about and all that? As in, what things Clem could say? Because yeah, I don't think so? All it does I think, is make you feel more part of the story.  At least that's how I see it anyway.  Unless they do something in Season 3 where your past decisions do count?

Nothing really cruised over from S1 to S2. The characters that survived would always be the same. The only exception might be the 400 Days characters. If you succeeded in getting them to join Carver's group you'd see them working about in S2 EP3. I think Bonnie is always in regardless given her role in S2.

Maybe it might be different this time. You did have quite a few outcomes this time around, between Kenny, Jane or the other group (didn't have that result). It's a bit more open. But honestly I'd prefer none of them return. It would kill the awesome ending I got.

I want to get this on disc, especially since I have 1 and 2 on PS4 disc, but like, this one is gonna be like all their old ones wherein you get a disc with episode one on it and then the rest are downloads. I can't tell you how much I hate that.

So ep 1 comes out digitally in December, and the disc, with only ep 1, comes out February I believe... so wait a couple of months and get a digital version with a case basically, or just get the season pass for a lot less. 

Shit. I don't know what to do :/