What's your favorite Playstation JRPG series?

Alantor32

So many great JRPG series on Playstation systems through the years.  Throwing the PSP and Vita into the mix, my top 10 would be:

1. Persona

2. Final Fantasy

3. Xenosaga

4. Suikoden

5. Tales

6. Kingdom Hearts

7. Valkyria Chronicles

8. Dragon Quest

9. Ys

10. Shadow Hearts

I wish I could go back in time and tell baby Chelsea to choose a PS1 instead of an N64.  That being said:

The Shin Megami Tensei series (most notably Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga)

The Shin Megami Tensei Persona series

The Tales of... series

Dragon Quest

Disgaea

Final Fantasy (most main numbered entries and the MMOs)

Ys

Lunar

Xenogears/Xenosaga

Wilds Arms

The Legend of Heroes series

Suikoden II

Kingdom Hearts

1st person dungeon crawlers like Demon Gaze, Stranger of Sword City, Dungeon Travelers 2, and Operation Abyss

• Like 2

And it's definitely going to change when you start playing Kiseki :awesome:

It would help if I could play half of them in English. :P 

You might be right though since I've only played Trails of Cold Steel and I loved that game (I'm currently dying to play the sequel). You tell me it's one of the weaker games in the series though, so if that's true, then the others must be something to behold.

As a latecomer to the JRPG party (I didn't seriously try any JRPGs until I got my Vita on Black Friday 2012 and started on Persona 4 Golden), I will have to go with the only series where I have actually finished a game (and more than one) - Hyperdimension Neptunia. 

I have started several of the Final Fantasy installments but never gotten very far, and for most of the big series I just haven't made time to get into them. But HDN drew me in with its amusing take on the console wars, and being portable certainly helped a lot too. Maybe someday I will sink enough time into Persona to finish 3 and 4 (and Persona 5 looks good as well) and possibly put that above HDN. But in that same amount of time, I'll probably finish 3 or 4 more HDN spin-offs. :)