OnTheRock_BW

DLC servers now fixed as of 31st Jan 2017

197 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Bornz0r said:

Still nothing eh? God damn it EA..

 

I think we would be extremely lucky if this issue will be fixed before February. To be honest, I don't expect anything from EA in these days, really.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2016 at 11:03 AM, Bornz0r said:

Still nothing eh? God damn it EA..

 

Oh brother, i am with you heartfully. The good thing is that this does not affect how you can obtain the platinum trophy of the game. The bad thing is that our 100% of this game has gone through the sewage.

Edited by Vampirehunter145
Correcting words
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only trophy I still need is "It's in the Trial". I might aswell give up on this game, since I think I can't earn that one anyway. It's beyond my skill level. :P But it does suck to have 98% on a game instead of the full 100% if you're that close to it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you live in USA call EA, it's free if I remember correctly. They have better support by phone.

Let's try that way

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did my past. Submitted that there was an issue. May try to call on Monday. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had 1 2p ea trial left and about 7 or so 1p ea trials left but I had to give it a break wish I didn't do that lmao oh well it is what it is I have same problem on darksiders 2  as well will never see 100% on those games so I might just sell them dirt cheap when I have the time lmao

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a lost cause at this point. I tried reporting it on the PS Blog directly to the Store content manager, all i got is being mocked by other idiots who can only think i "spam" (aka reporting issues for games that nobody normally discuss about) for fun. At least Insomniac Games had the common sense to remove all multiplayer DLCs for their Resistance games once the servers went down. But they aren't EA, sadly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I think it's a lost cause at this point. I tried reporting it on the PS Blog directly to the Store content manager, all i got is being mocked by other idiots who can only think i "spam" (aka reporting issues for games that nobody normally discuss about) for fun. At least Insomniac Games had the common sense to remove all multiplayer DLCs for their Resistance games once the servers went down. But they aren't EA, sadly.

 

It was a lost cause for Crysis 2, as well. But, after ages, servers turned on again. And that's an EA game, too.

 

I was sure nothing would have happened in these weeks, there were holidays in between and, in any case, I imagined that it would have taken a lot of time to make them aware of the issue. I think they cannot ignore this problem forever, someday they will answer us and we will know if it's really a lost cause or not. Until then, the only thing we can do (unless someone has a better idea) is carry on putting pressure on them here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Dante-s-Inferno-Trials/td-p/5704914/highlight/false

 

Keep increasing the Me Too counter, guys. Hopefully, there will be an answer.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sephiroth__92 said:

 

It was a lost cause for Crysis 2, as well. But, after ages, servers turned on again. And that's an EA game, too.

 

I was sure nothing would have happened in these weeks, there were holidays in between and, in any case, I imagined that it would have taken a lot of time to make them aware of the issue. I think they cannot ignore this problem forever, someday they will answer us and we will know if it's really a lost cause or not. Until then, the only thing we can do (unless someone has a better idea) is carry on putting pressure on them here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Dante-s-Inferno-Trials/td-p/5704914/highlight/false

 

Keep increasing the Me Too counter, guys. Hopefully, there will be an answer.

 

67 Me too's after two months, are you kidding me?

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

 

67 Me too's after two months, are you kidding me?

 

It took at least 9 months for Crysis 2 after the Me Too counter reached 50+. So, no, I'm serious.

 

In addition, from what I saw in another thread, it seems that it took several months to make them notice that Need For Speed The Run servers were down and put a "Security Issue" message when you try to go online. In that case, it was a negative ending but, anyway, EA is really slow to notice these issues if it's not a FIFA game.

Edited by Sephiroth__92
Additional informations
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sephiroth__92 said:

 

It took at least 9 months for Crysis 2 after the Me Too counter reached 50+. So, no, I'm serious.

 

In addition, from what I saw in another thread, it seems that it took several months to make them notice that Need For Speed The Run servers were down and put a "Security Issue" message when you try to go online. In that case, it was a negative ending but, anyway, EA is really slow to notice these issues if it's not a FIFA game.

 

The NFS servers aren't down. It's just impossible to get a certain trophy, but it still works.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

 

The NFS servers aren't down. It's just impossible to get a certain trophy, but it still works.

 

As I said, I hadn't played it myself, I'm just reporting what people (who actually played it) say about it.

It does not change the fact that EA showed to be quite slow to notice issues of its own games also in that circumstance, though.

 

Don't misunderstand me. What I'm saying is that I'm pretty sure EA will tell us what it's going to do with Dante's Inferno, sooner or later. I'm not saying that this story will have a happy ending for sure (I hope so but I know that there are high chances that this DLC will remain unachiavable forever). But there is still hope. Since they're still selling the DLC, I assume that they still don't know anything and, knowing what happened to Crysis 2, I believe it's too early to say that servers will be permanently down with certainty. That's all.

Edited by Sephiroth__92
Typo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sephiroth__92 said:

 

As I said, I hadn't played it myself, I'm just reporting what people (who actually played it) say about it.

 

But nobody said the servers were shut down...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T87 said:

 

But nobody said the servers were shut down...

 

You're right but there were problems with online features and

 

11 minutes ago, Sephiroth__92 said:

It does not change the fact that EA showed to be quite slow to notice issues of its own games also in that circumstance, though.

 

That's the point.

 

Anyway, I've already said what I wanted to say, I'm not going to discuss my opinion more than that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The servers are not shutdown

They are just unaccessible due to an internal error or whatever because the game gives a "timed out" error after a lot of time 'trying to connect'

Maybe the servers got flooded or the authentication system got messed up.

 

The issue with Crysis 2 was due to hackers that messed up the authentication to servers as revenge for shutting down the PC servers but keeping the PS3 servers.

Only a few players with strange internet config could access the servers and invite more people in.

The multiplayer patches were also disabled and capture the relay boosting method worked.

 

But EA fixed it after all and now everybody can play but can't boost with relay method

Edited by charlijaen
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an update here of the incoming server closures in the near future. No trace of Dante's Inferno. As I thought, they are completely unaware of it.

 

http://www2.ea.com/1/service-updates

 

 

Edited by Sephiroth__92
Typo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.