DLC servers now fixed as of 31st Jan 2017

OnTheRock_BW

On 12/27/2016 at 11:03 AM, Bornz0r said:

Still nothing eh? God damn it EA..

Oh brother, i am with you heartfully. The good thing is that this does not affect how you can obtain the platinum trophy of the game. The bad thing is that our 100% of this game has gone through the sewage.

Edited by Vampirehunter145
Correcting words

14 minutes ago, Doomsdayman said:

As long as they haven't announced that the server was officially shut down, then yes, it is legal.

I think it's a lost cause at this point. I tried reporting it on the PS Blog directly to the Store content manager, all i got is being mocked by other idiots who can only think i "spam" (aka reporting issues for games that nobody normally discuss about) for fun. At least Insomniac Games had the common sense to remove all multiplayer DLCs for their Resistance games once the servers went down. But they aren't EA, sadly.

18 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I think it's a lost cause at this point. I tried reporting it on the PS Blog directly to the Store content manager, all i got is being mocked by other idiots who can only think i "spam" (aka reporting issues for games that nobody normally discuss about) for fun. At least Insomniac Games had the common sense to remove all multiplayer DLCs for their Resistance games once the servers went down. But they aren't EA, sadly.

It was a lost cause for Crysis 2, as well. But, after ages, servers turned on again. And that's an EA game, too.

I was sure nothing would have happened in these weeks, there were holidays in between and, in any case, I imagined that it would have taken a lot of time to make them aware of the issue. I think they cannot ignore this problem forever, someday they will answer us and we will know if it's really a lost cause or not. Until then, the only thing we can do (unless someone has a better idea) is carry on putting pressure on them here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Dante-s-Inferno-Trials/td-p/5704914/highlight/false

Keep increasing the Me Too counter, guys. Hopefully, there will be an answer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sephiroth__92 said:

It was a lost cause for Crysis 2, as well. But, after ages, servers turned on again. And that's an EA game, too.

I was sure nothing would have happened in these weeks, there were holidays in between and, in any case, I imagined that it would have taken a lot of time to make them aware of the issue. I think they cannot ignore this problem forever, someday they will answer us and we will know if it's really a lost cause or not. Until then, the only thing we can do (unless someone has a better idea) is carry on putting pressure on them here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Dante-s-Inferno-Trials/td-p/5704914/highlight/false

Keep increasing the Me Too counter, guys. Hopefully, there will be an answer.

67 Me too's after two months, are you kidding me?

Edited by Lance_87

12 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

67 Me too's after two months, are you kidding me?

It took at least 9 months for Crysis 2 after the Me Too counter reached 50+. So, no, I'm serious.

In addition, from what I saw in another thread, it seems that it took several months to make them notice that Need For Speed The Run servers were down and put a "Security Issue" message when you try to go online. In that case, it was a negative ending but, anyway, EA is really slow to notice these issues if it's not a FIFA game.

Edited by Sephiroth__92
Additional informations

5 hours ago, Sephiroth__92 said:

It took at least 9 months for Crysis 2 after the Me Too counter reached 50+. So, no, I'm serious.

In addition, from what I saw in another thread, it seems that it took several months to make them notice that Need For Speed The Run servers were down and put a "Security Issue" message when you try to go online. In that case, it was a negative ending but, anyway, EA is really slow to notice these issues if it's not a FIFA game.

The NFS servers aren't down. It's just impossible to get a certain trophy, but it still works.

49 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

The NFS servers aren't down. It's just impossible to get a certain trophy, but it still works.

As I said, I hadn't played it myself, I'm just reporting what people (who actually played it) say about it.

It does not change the fact that EA showed to be quite slow to notice issues of its own games also in that circumstance, though.

Don't misunderstand me. What I'm saying is that I'm pretty sure EA will tell us what it's going to do with Dante's Inferno, sooner or later. I'm not saying that this story will have a happy ending for sure (I hope so but I know that there are high chances that this DLC will remain unachiavable forever). But there is still hope. Since they're still selling the DLC, I assume that they still don't know anything and, knowing what happened to Crysis 2, I believe it's too early to say that servers will be permanently down with certainty. That's all.

Edited by Sephiroth__92
Typo

8 minutes ago, T87 said:

But nobody said the servers were shut down...

You're right but there were problems with online features and

11 minutes ago, Sephiroth__92 said:

It does not change the fact that EA showed to be quite slow to notice issues of its own games also in that circumstance, though.

That's the point.

Anyway, I've already said what I wanted to say, I'm not going to discuss my opinion more than that.

The servers are not shutdown

They are just unaccessible due to an internal error or whatever because the game gives a "timed out" error after a lot of time 'trying to connect'

Maybe the servers got flooded or the authentication system got messed up.

The issue with Crysis 2 was due to hackers that messed up the authentication to servers as revenge for shutting down the PC servers but keeping the PS3 servers.

Only a few players with strange internet config could access the servers and invite more people in.

The multiplayer patches were also disabled and capture the relay boosting method worked.

But EA fixed it after all and now everybody can play but can't boost with relay method

Edited by charlijaen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, charlijaen said:

The servers are not shutdown

They are just unaccessible due to an internal error or whatever because the game gives a "timed out" error after a lot of time 'trying to connect'

Maybe the servers got flooded or the authentication system got messed up.

Time out is quite a common feature in programming, unfortunately the output you see is not an indication of anything. Any address on the internet is separate from what's actually there. The program only says it's trying to contact an address. It doesn't know nor care what is in that address, it only expects a specific response and times out after a predetermined time of not getting one.

Based on that output you can't even determine if there's a server (for DI) there or isn't, although it seems more likely currently there isn't because that's generally the reason why a program would time out trying to connect one...

1 hour ago, Sephiroth__92 said:

You're right but there were problems with online features and

Anyway, I've already said what I wanted to say, I'm not going to discuss my opinion more than that.

Online features like a broken leaderboard and shut down multiplayer are two completely different things. It's not a matter of your opinion whether they are, they are. If you confuse them you'll get corrected, and if you confuse them again in the future, you'll again get corrected.