OnTheRock_BW

DLC servers now fixed as of 31st Jan 2017

197 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, charlijaen said:

The servers are not shutdown

They are just unaccessible due to an internal error or whatever because the game gives a "timed out" error after a lot of time 'trying to connect'

Maybe the servers got flooded or the authentication system got messed up.

Time out is quite a common feature in programming, unfortunately the output you see is not an indication of anything. Any address on the internet is separate from what's actually there. The program only says it's trying to contact an address. It doesn't know nor care what is in that address, it only expects a specific response and times out after a predetermined time of not getting one.

Based on that output you can't even determine if there's a server (for DI) there or isn't, although it seems more likely currently there isn't because that's generally the reason why a program would time out trying to connect one...

1 hour ago, Sephiroth__92 said:

You're right but there were problems with online features and

Anyway, I've already said what I wanted to say, I'm not going to discuss my opinion more than that.

Online features like a broken leaderboard and shut down multiplayer are two completely different things. It's not a matter of your opinion whether they are, they are. If you confuse them you'll get corrected, and if you confuse them again in the future, you'll again get corrected.

I really wonder if Sony would actually give refunds to anyone who buys the DLC right now. Is the DLC truly and completely 100% unplayable because of this, like you can't even access it? Or is it still able to be played, just with half the functions unavailable? Second thing is still a ripoff, but not technically grounds for a refund. If you can't even access the DLC though, that requires a refund

2 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I really wonder if Sony would actually give refunds to anyone who buys the DLC right now. Is the DLC truly and completely 100% unplayable because of this, like you can't even access it? Or is it still able to be played, just with half the functions unavailable? Second thing is still a ripoff, but not technically grounds for a refund. If you can't even access the DLC though, that requires a refund

100% unplayable. You can only watch a cutscene.

O and a message that you can't access the EA servers.

Response from an EA Community Manager yesterday:

Sorry for the delay on this, everyone.

I've forwarded this for investigation once more and will report with further information as soon as it is available.

--Tom

Followed by questions, such as when the DLC stopped working. And that they're working on it. :) 

4 hours ago, Cellcrash1991 said:

Response from an EA Community Manager yesterday:

Followed by questions, such as when the DLC stopped working. And that they're working on it. :) 

I'd like to trust his words (part of me already does) but the previous community manager said the same things and did/could do nothing after that so I don't want to rush to wrong conclusions.

Anyway, it's a relief we've not been completely abandoned as we were starting to think.

On 29.01.2017 at 5:06 AM, Sephiroth__92 said:

I'd like to trust his words (part of me already does) but the previous community manager said the same things and did/could do nothing after that so I don't want to rush to wrong conclusions.

That one at least doesn't disappear on us like the previous manager who wrote one reply and was long gone from that thread

A refund for anything purchased on a third-party store would have to go via that platform. We therefore can't handle that for you via EA's customer service channel.

However, I hope that a refund won't be necessary. Our team is looking into it at the moment so I will provide further information once available.

(Regards from Ireland - not so hot, and wishing it was so!)

@abc1651196439

Thanks for the update Standard smile

@53ph1r07h

Thank you for posting those exact dates, that is very helpful for us to pinpoint the issue.

@jarfr

Customer service is unified at EA, so the investigation would still have to be started via us. You've therefore come to the right channel.

--Tom

I really hope that they are looking into the issue

Hope they are working on it. I put this game off too long and hope to not be screwed.

So good to hear they fixed it, now time to start Dantes inferno :D

At last, they're back again, for real. I was sure an answer would have come sooner or later and luckily it was a good one!

I think this goal couldn't be possible without the persistence we have had on Answers HQ so far. Let's call it a victory for the players!

At least this is over, for now. Time to put Dante's Inferno in the "to buy" list again.

10 minutes ago, Arkthur said:

At least this is over, for now. Time to put Dante's Inferno in the "to buy" list again.

If you actually care about doing them I'd probably say buy and do it like right now.  Since they went down once they're on borrowed time at this point and might not get fixed if they go down again.  

Awesome! Now i can ragequit again because i can't complete those trials. :P 

Fucking shit, you people did it, I'm amazed. Now I'm even considering to 100% this game myself too

Haven't touched this game since I bought it way back in the "When did I buy this?" times. Time to start it again, and purchase the DLC

Finally it's over. LOL @ the guy at the EA Answers HQ forums who summoned all the community managers at once, he was probably desperate.