DLC servers now fixed as of 31st Jan 2017

OnTheRock_BW

I really wonder if Sony would actually give refunds to anyone who buys the DLC right now. Is the DLC truly and completely 100% unplayable because of this, like you can't even access it? Or is it still able to be played, just with half the functions unavailable? Second thing is still a ripoff, but not technically grounds for a refund. If you can't even access the DLC though, that requires a refund

2 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I really wonder if Sony would actually give refunds to anyone who buys the DLC right now. Is the DLC truly and completely 100% unplayable because of this, like you can't even access it? Or is it still able to be played, just with half the functions unavailable? Second thing is still a ripoff, but not technically grounds for a refund. If you can't even access the DLC though, that requires a refund

100% unplayable. You can only watch a cutscene.

O and a message that you can't access the EA servers.

Response from an EA Community Manager yesterday:

Sorry for the delay on this, everyone.

I've forwarded this for investigation once more and will report with further information as soon as it is available.

--Tom

Followed by questions, such as when the DLC stopped working. And that they're working on it. :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cellcrash1991 said:

Response from an EA Community Manager yesterday:

Followed by questions, such as when the DLC stopped working. And that they're working on it. :) 

I'd like to trust his words (part of me already does) but the previous community manager said the same things and did/could do nothing after that so I don't want to rush to wrong conclusions.

Anyway, it's a relief we've not been completely abandoned as we were starting to think.

• Like 1

On 29.01.2017 at 5:06 AM, Sephiroth__92 said:

I'd like to trust his words (part of me already does) but the previous community manager said the same things and did/could do nothing after that so I don't want to rush to wrong conclusions.

That one at least doesn't disappear on us like the previous manager who wrote one reply and was long gone from that thread

A refund for anything purchased on a third-party store would have to go via that platform. We therefore can't handle that for you via EA's customer service channel.

However, I hope that a refund won't be necessary. Our team is looking into it at the moment so I will provide further information once available.

(Regards from Ireland - not so hot, and wishing it was so!)

@abc1651196439

Thanks for the update Standard smile

@53ph1r07h

Thank you for posting those exact dates, that is very helpful for us to pinpoint the issue.

@jarfr

Customer service is unified at EA, so the investigation would still have to be started via us. You've therefore come to the right channel.

--Tom

I really hope that they are looking into the issue

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Arkthur said:

At least this is over, for now. Time to put Dante's Inferno in the "to buy" list again.

If you actually care about doing them I'd probably say buy and do it like right now.  Since they went down once they're on borrowed time at this point and might not get fixed if they go down again.