Easiest way to kill the Patriarch before he can heal

IKiller_Fr0stI

For this trophy, me and a couple friends figured out how to achieve this with just two people and find it to be the easiest way possible to get this trophy. What you want to do is get into a Vs. Survival match with just you and a friend or someone you’re boosting this with. Whoever is going for the trophy should be on the human side and the person you're boosting with, on the Zed side. Proceed through the match until you finish the 4th wave before the boss fight. Now at this point, whoever is on the human side should have a decent amount of money for what needs to be done next. During the prep phase, the person on the human side should buy some C4 (2 is the max) and set them together in an open spot. Keep repeating this process until you have a considerable amount of C4 set (about 6 or 7 should do it) Now, when the boss fight begins, the person on the zed side should go to the human player and stand on all the c4. Now, proceed to shoot the Patriarch until he has about 35% health left. Make sure not to damage him past this, because the auto-heal starts up around this point and damaging him further will make him inject himself with the health syringe. Finally, the human character should equip the C4 detonator and mash the hell out of L2. This should be enough to kill him before he heals himself. Simple!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i did it easily this way solo, what i do is pick firebug and be at least level 10ish, when you get to the last wave make sure you weld the doors shut and try to box yourself in a room. most of the times he will run to a door thats closed and bounce off it leaving you time to kill him. use the 1,100$ flamethrower NOT the microwave gun, backup have the other flamethrower. i went through every level getting the collectables and easily killed the boss everytime solo before they rebuffed. they seem alot more powerfull playing online. also when you weld the doors shut they may kick one down to get in, but usually they dont kick one down to leave. so try to find a tight compact area where they cant run much. like descent but i dunno if patriot is on that level but thats a small area. i dunno if the bosses are random or level specific. i found also the prison level there is a few nice spots in there that u can trap them in

I found a way to do it pretty easy solo. Can easily be done on any map but an easy spot is on outpost, simply choose your favourite perk (i used commando) and find one of the hallways with 2 weldable doors on both ends. If your familiar with the god spot on outpost theres one of these halls just up the stairs from there making it a good spot to retreat to if things go wrong.

In the 4th round make sure you end it standing at the trader (you can see where it will be using the indicator at the top left) so you can quickly restock then run to this spot and weld one door shut. stand near the other side to bait him into coming through the open side then jump past him and weld the door with both of you inside. attack him normally then when he tries to run away he will have a moment where he is stuck at the door where you can throw all your grenades and spray and pray. did it first try doing this method.

Its also possible to still do it if he comes through the wrong side and breaks the welding just simply stand between him and the open door so that he runs into the welded one. Make sure you do this solo because the more players the stronger he will be.

Also simple, but little grindy way is with 20+ level (or more, to get bonuses for perk weapons) Berserk and in Normal difficulty. First make sure you have Skirmisher and Butcher skills (Massacre is fine too and the final skill if you are at max level), then save money for Eviscerator and the Patriarch is done.

Just saw him until he is at the healing point and starts running away then fire blades at his direction and you should get him running.

Note that this can also be done solo and offline, so that others don't steal your kill.

• Like 1

I got this last night with (I think) a level 5 commando, found it surprisingly easy; solo, 4 rounds on normal, just stocked up with the Kalashnikov (doesn't really matter, whatever you have to take his health down), the RPG and grenades.

Fought him in Paris where it's kinda open near one of the subway entrances, gunned him down to near enough his "run away" health then waited for him to start messing with his predator-arm-thing, lobbed a bunch of grenades his way, then RPGed him to finish the job (took a second hit, which is why I mention it was in an open area, since he tried to leg it, but there were no obstructions for the 2nd shot).

I'm a demolitionist and had zero problems doing this at the Farm. Do not weld any doors until the boss round. Go into the barn and lock up the side entrance.

When the Patriarch appears, lead him through the big barn doors and up the stairs and jump back down and weld the big doors (you may get hit, but nothing severe).

Now this is important. Use the RPG and the C4. Get him down with the RPG and he'll run towards the big doors. Now unleash the C4 on him and you should be able to kill him without healing with no trouble at all. Did this at lvl 17 or 18 and did it on my 1st try. Honestly, it's probably doable at lvl 5 solo with the Dem.

On 12/6/2016 at 7:21 AM, Yadilie said:

Do a private 1 v 1. Human gets to Boss Wave and then shoots the patriarch once. Patriarch player then quits the game. Boom, trophy.

I got the trophy that way, the more efficient way in my opinion, anyway some friends got just playing the game...if ure lucky ure the last one to do the last hit playing with others...for my the game is boring to play alone...so im always playing with more ppl

I agree. I've had it happen a couple of times but never been the final hit, so no trophy.

A lot of the runs I've had have ended with wipes though, Patriarch seems to screw people up. Most of the time Volter ends up in a win, other than the last run I had where he took out three of us with one mine attack.

There is a method to do it in a private 1v1 match. You hit few times the Pariarch (which is played by an enemy player) and then the enemy player leaves a game. The game counts your last hits as  killing ones and you get a shinny trophy. Method is decribed in one of the guides from other sites.

Actually, I just saw someone else also posted this method. Probably the easiest one and doable with any class.

Edited by Mizdig_
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

wait until you level 20 perk (max perks 25 would make it easier). im using berserk, all skill focus on damage (no parry), got it solo on hard difficulty. using the chainsaw weapon (1600 dosh), use r2 attack until patriarch health 40-50%, after that use r2 attack (all five ammo). oh and also fight him in a narrow hallway, so you now where he gonna run (if that happen).

good luck for everyone who will try to get this trophy :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/06/2017 at 8:18 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm a demolitionist and had zero problems doing this at the Farm. Do not weld any doors until the boss round. Go into the barn and lock up the side entrance.

When the Patriarch appears, lead him through the big barn doors and up the stairs and jump back down and weld the big doors (you may get hit, but nothing severe).

Now this is important. Use the RPG and the C4. Get him down with the RPG and he'll run towards the big doors. Now unleash the C4 on him and you should be able to kill him without healing with no trouble at all. Did this at lvl 17 or 18 and did it on my 1st try. Honestly, it's probably doable at lvl 5 solo with the Dem.

I'm trying to do this now, I've played the level on normal about 8 times now, and can not get the boss to spawn, always Volter. Did they patch it or something so he doesn't appear on the level??

2 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

I'm trying to do this now, I've played the level on normal about 8 times now, and can not get the boss to spawn, always Volter. Did they patch it or something so he doesn't appear on the level??

I'm not sure. I haven't played it in a while. Though someone told me that it's random and others say that it alternates between the two and exiting out of the lobby will reset it. I don't think this is correct, but try creating a new lobby and give it another try.

You could use this same method using the God Spots, but you'll need to make sure you stick him using every single C4 and time the detonation right. I did this on HoE mode at Burning Paris. So it's definitely possible on normal. Though I'm not sure if this has been patched.

Hope this helps!

5 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm not sure. I haven't played it in a while. Though someone told me that it's random and others say that it alternates between the two and exiting out of the lobby will reset it. I don't think this is correct, but try creating a new lobby and give it another try.

You could use this same method using the God Spots, but you'll need to make sure you stick him using every single C4 and time the detonation right. I did this on HoE mode at Burning Paris. So it's definitely possible on normal. Though I'm not sure if this has been patched.

Hope this helps!

Yeah cheers, I just did 3 random games in a row and he didn't appear! So out of about 12 games (not in a row) he hasn't appeared once! Really annoying.