Wishlist of ps1 games to ps4

CaptainMonkster

I cannot be the only one who really wants Sony to bring ps1 games to ps4 with upscaling, trophy support etc. Bring back the old gems!

So what are your guys hopes for ps1 re-release? Mine are digimon world, legend of legaia, jade cocoon, monster rancher etc

You get a like for having Legend of Legaia in your list! Such an underrated game, I would plat that so fast!

Right now I'd be very very happy if they brought trophy support to FFVIII & FFIX.

• Like 1

Jedi Power Battles, Syphon Filter, Medievil, Crash, Spyro, Tomb Raider 2 (maybe an anniversary version?)

The Spyro trilogy and the Crash Bandicoot trilogy including Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash.  :)

Sony has already confirmed that the Crash Bandicoot PS1 trilogy will be remastered.

Since there's no PS1 emulation as of now on PS4 this thread is somewhat pointless but oh well hopefully they'll do it at some point.

Sony has already confirmed that the Crash Bandicoot PS1 trilogy will be remastered.

Since there's no PS1 emulation as of now on PS4 this thread is somewhat pointless but oh well hopefully they'll do it at some point.

I think he means remasters, and that's how I took it, though bringing native trophy support would be awesome!

I think he means remasters, and that's how I took it, though bringing native trophy support would be awesome!

Yeah but I think he meant PS1 emulation, like how Sony is doing PS2 emulation now.

Since remasters are more expensive and takes more time to be made there won't be too many PS1 games getting proper remasters on PS4 unless they are really popular (like the PS2 remasters that were released on PS3).

So since an emulation takes little money investment and it can be done rather quickly that's why they can bring even un-popular or not so requested games and still make profits out of them just by selling some copies.

• Like 1

Yeah but I think he meant PS1 emulation, like how Sony is doing PS2 emulation now.

Since remasters are more expensive and takes more time to be made there won't be too many PS1 games getting proper remasters on PS4 unless they are really popular (like the PS2 remasters that were released on PS3).

So since an emulation takes little money investment and it can be done rather quickly that's why they can bring even un-popular or not so requested games and still make profits out of them just by selling some copies.

Ah ha I didn't even know about the ps2 games. I wonder how they're accomplishing it, even for sony emulation is tricky, I imagine it's game by game to ensure stability.

If they did that with ps1 games it'd be a dream come true. I've always wanted a platinum for so many ps1 games. Square would make bank at least with the other FFs.

I thought I did read once that they wanted to do such a thing? Sucks it hasn't happened yet though.  I mean as for me, I'd love a few games to get the treatment:

Spyro 1-3

Hercules

Tekken

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Crash Team Racing

The Jungle Book Groove Party

Ghost in the Shell

I had the demo disc that had the Ghost in the Shell game on it and that was a fun game for what I could play.

Ah ha I didn't even know about the ps2 games. I wonder how they're accomplishing it, even for sony emulation is tricky, I imagine it's game by game to ensure stability.

If they did that with ps1 games it'd be a dream come true. I've always wanted a platinum for so many ps1 games. Square would make bank at least with the other FFs.

You didn't even knew? ._. the PS2 emulation has been on PS4 for nearly a year now. It started on December last year and there are nearly 40 PS2 games already released on PS4 with trophy/platinum support.

You can see a full list of them here: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39948-red-faction-coming-to-ps4-december-6th-ps2-on-ps4-games-list-and-news-thread/

It surprises me you've never heard about it or saw the PS2PS4 section on the PS Store, or any PS2 game on the Latest Games section of it.

Unless I didn't understood your message.

Edited by Gevirein

You didn't even knew? ._. the PS2 emulation has been on PS4 for nearly a year now. It started on December last year and there are nearly 40 PS2 games already released on PS4 with trophy/platinum support.

You can see a full list of them here: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39948-red-faction-coming-to-ps4-december-6th-ps2-on-ps4-games-list-and-news-thread/

It surprises me you've never heard about it or saw the PS2PS4 section on the PS Store, or any PS2 game on the Latest Games section of it.

Unless I didn't understood your message.

I thought they were like the ps1 emulation, didn't know they had trophy support! But just checked the list and didn't see anything I would platinum :/

There's a lot of good games I'd like to see.

- Tomba 1 and 2

- Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash

- Final Fantasy 8, 9 and Tactics

- Threads of Fate

- Soul Edge

- Tekken 1, 2 and 3... or just 3

- Digimon World 1, 2 and 3

- Thousand Arms

- X-Men VS Street Fighter/Marvel VS Street Fighter

- Mega Man Legends

- Mega Man X 4, 5 and 6

- Rayman 2 The Great Escape

- Syphon Filter

- Spider Man

- Croc 1 and 2

- Bunch of Disney Games when they were good (Toy Story 2, Tarzan, Hercules, Aladdin Nasira's Revenge)

- Assuming Spyro doesn't get the Crash Bandicoot treatment, Spyro 1, 2 and 3.

- X-Men fighting game. Forgot what it was called, but I think Spiderman was a character. I think I 'mained' Toad.

- Guilty Gear

I'd say FFVIII and IX, but at this point I'd prefer they just port over the PC versions like they did FFVII.

Anyhoo... so many.

Spyro 1-3 [though I'd prefer Crash treatment... even though we don't even know what that is yet lol]

Wild Arms 1 & 2

Legend of Dragoon
Mega Man Legends 1 & 2

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

Parasite Eve... [and I guess 2 as well even though I'm not a fan of the tank controls].

Digimon World 1-3

Digimon Rumble Arena [curse you person who stole my copy! CURSE YOU]
Xenogears
Chrono Cross

Inuyasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale

Jade Cacoon [never played it, but I have and love 2 so]

Crash Team Racing

Tekken 3

Ape Escape

Twisted Metal 3 [still think there's probably licensing issues with the songs, which is why it's not on PSN at all...but it's my favorite one ;(]

Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy I, II, IV-VI.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2