Game Franchise you can't get into

Pershing24

Elder Scrolls - Tried to get into morrowind, oblivion and skyrim, but the empty feeling world and the terrible combat is completely off-putting.

Final Fantasy after 9 - The stories are plain downright awful, it feels like it was written by a 14 year old on xanga

Metal Gear Solid - Only have played 2 and 4 and neither really grabbed my attention enough to enjoy them

3) Ratchet and Clank

Too childish for me and plot is probably written for a younger audience.

4)Sly Cooper

Same as Ratchet and Clank

5) Jak an Sacred

10) Lego games

Same as Ratchet and clank

*Checks username*

Alrighty then.

I myself am not a big fan of any Japanese series, only game I kind of liked was Ni No Kuni.

I've also given up on the COD franchise, last game I played was Modern Warfare 3. After that I grew out of it.

Never been a Mass Effect fan either, I played 3 and it was ok but people raved about it and I couldn't understand why.

Not a massive fan of most sport titles either, played a bit of NBA2K16 because it was free but that's about it.

Souls series - the controls kill it for me, love the aesthetic

Dead Island - cannot play them due to motion sickness of the camera being in First Person/Tunnel vision and i would rather SEE my character.

Dragon Age - just cannot get into these for some reason

The extreme motion blur in the ps3 versions of dead island are downright nauseating too, I only noticed that after playing the game again a few years later and holy crap it's bad.

GTAV is just a bad game in the franchise. Give Vice City and San Andreas a chance, they're the definitive GTA games in my opinion.

Bad game, hahaha. Ok , I think V is the best in the series. I like SA but it just doesn't hit the mark for me. And I thought VC is one of the worst GTAs. So boring.

Edited by zacharonii

Assassin's Creed: I really wanted to get into it, but there are so many games that I simply dont have the heart to play all of them. Which is a shame, cause I think I would really like this franchise.

Western-RPGs: unlike others, I am innto JRPGs, but when I think about Western-RPGs - like Elder Scrolls, Diablo or Dungeon and Dragons titles - I prefer to read novels about them rather than play them.

Any and All FPS games: first and foremost because I am terrible at this kind of game. Secondly, because they all look the same to me, with just different graphics or set in a different place. Not really my thing.

Final Fantasy - gameplay wise,awesome soundtrack's(Relaxing)..after played and finish FF3 on my PSP..i stop the serie's.oh F*ck me i remember i bough the FFX and X-2 remaster.no wonder why i waste a money for that.never touch the game after played FFX like 3 or 4 hours.

Mortal Kombat 

Monster Hunter - used to play it but i never enjoy it.sure most of my friends recommend it.but i just cant get into.i prefer the anime style called god eater's

Metal Gear

Bad game, hahaha. Ok , I think V is the best in the series. I like SA but it just doesn't hit the mark for me. And I thought VC is one of the worst GTAs. So boring.

GTA V is not that bad and not that good.sorry im just new and i cant use the qoute correctly.why previous game's are better??IMO you will spent alot of time to beat the freaking Flight school and its not optional,follow the damn train endlessly.that make's the game more challenging(Haven't finish 3 and VC so i cant say much).the GTA V has a new feature called 'Skip to next Checkpoint'.that make's the game easy and allow you to progress to the next story.

Edited by Marie_Rose412

Star Ocean - I'll probably give it another try someday, but I played the first game for a few hours and just completely lost interest. Tales of Phantasia is much better in my opinion.

Resistance - Resistance 2 was one of the first PS3 games I bought. The single player bored me to death, and I didn't care for the multiplayer either. It just reminded me why I don't bother with newer FPS games.

*Checks username*

Alrighty then.

Haha, you just won the internet. Also, thanks for adding comedy to a post that made me sad (just look at my avatar).

3) Ratchet and Clank

Too childish for me and plot is probably written for a younger audience.

4)Sly Cooper

5) Jak an Sacred

10) Lego games

Same as Ratchet and clank

That's like somebody saying they can't enjoy Pixar and other kids movies because they're "too childish". Wait til you have kids, I guess. :)

I haven't started Jax and Daxter yet but the other 3 franchises above are among my favorites.

As for me, any sports games are not worth me trying to get into. The only sports game I've ever enjoyed was NBA Jam (and I tried to get into the On Fire PSN reboot but the horrible load times put me off). Of course I dislike sports in general so that could be part of it.

Other than that, I'm not interested in MP-only games, MOBAs, eSports, MMORPGs, or the like. I do enjoy co-op but competitive multiplayer holds no appeal for me.

Hmm, I guess I should add Pokemon... despite trying to get into multiple games in the series I always lose interest partway through.

It's not a franchise, but I hate smartphone games with a passion. Even if they aren't riddled with microtransactions I'd rather play with good controls on my Vita or 3DS. Don't get me wrong, I do see the appeal of mobile gaming (it's convenient and addictive), I just don't want anything to do with it.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 3

*Checks username*

Alrighty then.

I myself am not a big fan of any Japanese series, only game I kind of liked was Ni No Kuni.

I've also given up on the COD franchise, last game I played was Modern Warfare 3. After that I grew out of it.

Never been a Mass Effect fan either, I played 3 and it was ok but people raved about it and I couldn't understand why.

Not a massive fan of most sport titles either, played a bit of NBA2K16 because it was free but that's about it.

I didnt mean to offend anybody playing these type of games and sorry if i offended you. As for my username, I admit it was a bad decision on my behalf but I I made it years ago and thought it was cool. Let's just say I got older now and I am trying to forget :P
  • Like 2

I didnt mean to offend anybody playing these type of games and sorry if i offended you. As for my username, I admit it was a bad decision on my behalf but I I made it years ago and thought it was cool. Let's just say I got older now and I am trying to forget :P

Nah no offence taken here mate. Was just having a bit of a chuckle about how ironic the situation was  :lol:

• Like 2

Ahh, old poopooblast getting some shit :D.  I understand not getting into certain games.  Time, money, what have you.  I stopped caring about GTA after Vice City.  I can't get into any persona game to save my life.  Not saying any of these games are bad, but with everything else we've got to pick and choose.  As far as people not getting into the MGS series, oh man, you guys are killing me.  These are some of the best games ever.  Also, everyone should play every PS1 Squaresoft game just to be safe.  They are great.

• Like 2

Ahh, old poopooblast getting some shit :D.  I understand not getting into certain games.  Time, money, what have you.  I stopped caring about GTA after Vice City.  I can't get into any persona game to save my life.  Not saying any of these games are bad, but with everything else we've got to pick and choose.  As far as people not getting into the MGS series, oh man, you guys are killing me.  These are some of the best games ever.  Also, everyone should play every PS1 Squaresoft game just to be safe.  They are great.

"getting some shit" I asked for it when I created my " username " :P. Lol I'd love to start MGS but like you mentioned man. Too many games and not enough time. That's why when people played these games back then, they were able to continue on slowly as each game gets released. Then again liking games is highly subjective no matter how universally acclaimed a game is.

Non-racing sports games i.e. FIFA, NBA, Madden, PES

Guess it's because I sucked at those in real life and regularly got my ass kicked on the field as a kid

They're the only ones I can't get into. Every other franchise can be divided into two categories: Franchises I like and franchises I haven't tried yet!

Edited by MeteorHawk
  • Like 1

Anything sports related.

Most FPS except for the classics (Doom, Duke Nuken, Hexen, Quake)

Other than that, I'm a fan of JRPGs, but some series I'm yet to get into and, from what I've seen, they probably won't please me as much as Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Shin Megami Tensei (my all time favorite franchises): Atelier series, Tales of series, and Neptunia. I'm eager to try them out (as soon as I get stuff I really, really want to play out of the way), but I don't know -- something tells me that I'll keep coming back to my favorite ones instead.

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 2

"getting some shit" I asked for it when I created my " username " :P. Lol I'd love to start MGS but like you mentioned man. Too many games and not enough time. That's why when people played these games back then, they were able to continue on slowly as each game gets released. Then again liking games is highly subjective no matter how universally acclaimed a game is.

I didn't get into MGS until after MGS4 and Peace Walker were already out and now I've played them all except the original (I played the Gamecube remake). In my defense, I didn't have any systems that could play them (I was a PC-only gamer until 2010 or so), but I should have bought those consoles, so either way it's my fault. :)

Anyway, it's definitely possible to get into long-running franchises later down the road.

Kingdom Hearts series. As much as I like Final Fantasy and JRPG's in general, and I also like many Disney movies, but the idea of crossing the characters over always seemed as strange as eating pizza with chocolate to me. And everytime a new KH game with titles like 1.5 Remix or 2.8 Final Mix or whatever are coming out, the series is getting further and further away from me ever trying it, 'cause it's hard to understand in which order to tackle the series best.

Edited by ShadowStefan

I feel like this almost goes without saying. I've always found that 1) MOBA and MMORPG gamers and 2) other kinds of gamers are almost mutually exclusive. I've never met anyone who likes both.

I have thousands of hours on Guild Wars 1, 2, and League of Legends, and I play plenty of other games (my trophy card is probably a better way to check what other games I play heh), nice to meet you. xD

To the topic...

- GTA

- Fallout

- Call of Duty

- Mass Effect(?) (Haven't really given this a proper go, but I love Dragon Age, contrasting from OP)

- Resident Evil

Those games just didn't appeal to me, and for the case of Resident Evil, I tried out 5 with my brother and it was one of the worst games I had ever played.

Kingdom Hearts series. As much as I like Final Fantasy and JRPG's in general, and I also like many Disney movies, but the idea of crossing the characters over always seemed as strange as eating pizza with chocolate to me. And everytime a new KH game with titles like 1.5 Remix or 2.8 Final Mix or whatever are coming out, the series is getting further and further away from me ever trying it, 'cause it's hard to understand in which order to tackle the series best.

If you are ever interested in tackling it, just send me a PM, I can help you with an order if you're trying to best understand the convoluted story.

I'm always open.

• Like 2

I didn't get into MGS until after MGS4 and Peace Walker were already out and now I've played them all except the original (I played the Gamecube remake). In my defense, I didn't have any systems that could play them (I was a PC-only gamer until 2010 or so), but I should have bought those consoles, so either way it's my fault. :)Anyway, it's definitely possible to get into long-running franchises later down the road.

I agree on the last part. I got into infamous, GOW, and uncharted series despite playing it late and man they're amazing.